EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

I ended up switching my reservation to National - we'll have to get a cab over to Collins, but I don't need to worry for the next 3 weeks as to IF we'll get the right rate. I got a sweet deal - Jeep Grand Cherokee for $53.50/ day, unlimited miles (I had to pay $.37/mile with Hertz). I did something I never do - prepaid for a full tank of gas. $75.83!! Makes me so glad I have a hybrid at home I can fill for under $30. But there's no way I'm going out hunting for gas on Christmas morning. ETA: Even with the full tank of gas, my rate is less than with Hertz. Blah!

MaryLou1962 said:
Thanks Jeff--even with the cab fare that's A LOT cheaper than what I currently have booked.

I looked at Priceline (this would be my first Priceline experience) and I'm not sure where you select Long Beach airport as the drop off--as we are arriving at LAX.

Thanks for your help.

ML

We are arriving at ONT and dropping off at LGB so it's possible.

I noticed that too. We're staying in Florida a few days and I've been told the rates are so high because it's Christmas weekend. Hopefully gas prices won't be so bad.

Try E-Z rental. I have them booked for my January WDW trip after a girlfriend had good luck with them. Much cheaper even than Alamo.

OOoh I just realized that my dad is meeting us for lunch Saturday! Which means I can take his car to the liquor store instead of having to walk. Now I'm off to figure out which is the best liquor store in San Pedro!

We did most of our packing last night. We need to borrow a suitcase, so some stuff is still sitting out. I tried really hard not to bring too much, but still we need a 3rd bag, well DH also has a 4th smaller one as a carry on. we are flying Southwest, so they are free. It was hard to put some of my new dresses back, but hopefully my gold shoes actually go with all my dressier clothes. I hate bringing too many shoes that only get worn once.
we just need to clean up the house. My friend is house sitting.
Hopefully DH remembers to print all the stuff we need today at work. I can't believe the cruise is actually here! I am going to miss our dogs. The one is sick, so hopefully she will be okay while we are gone.

My previously healthy dog decided to go lame yesterday for no apparent reason and now won't put weight down on her back leg. One expensive vet trip later, we still don't know why. She is supposed to take it easy and no strenuous running for the next few weeks. That works out ok since the person who is taking her while we are away gives her lots of love and 3 walks a day but doesn't let her run with her friends in the park. My dog won't like the forced inactivity though. So of all the the things that I was worrying about, my dog was not one of them until now - it figures:sad2:

I saw this earlier this week and it is soooo true in our house and very timely. :lmao:

women-vs-men-packing.jpg

Love this! I just said to DH this morning "you better start packing tonight, as I don't want you banging around the bedroom until midnight the night before we leave"! Meanwhile, the I have the kids clothes at the "staging area" - i.e, the dining room table!:rotfl:

Long sleeved, light coloured clothing and good walking shoes. I'd rather be warm then have too much exposed skin. Light colours help with the mosquitoes. Other than water and a camera I can't think of anything that you haven't already named (but I don't have kids!)

I hadn't even thought of this! I haven't packed any long sleeved tops for myself, or the kids. Are the mosquitos really that bad, or will short sleeves and bug spray keep them under control? Living in Brisbane, we are use to a sub tropical climate (and the mosqutios that brings), so I hadn't thought much about Costa Maya.:confused3

Thanks,
Rach

My husband is going on the Costa Maya Ruins also. He has cooling sleeves he wears while riding his bike. We are packing a pair of those for the tour. They also provide sun protection. He might look funny but will be well a quipped for sun, heat, or dreaded Mosquitos. We got ours on Amazon. Sherry:yay:

And here I was worried that I was the only worrier in the group!! I am a worrier by nature, a detail person, an overplanner, over analyzer and just plain nervous person - all bad traits to have for a person who likes to take as many trips as I do. I will be fine when I get on the ship, its just the getting there that will nearly kill me first. I just keep telling myself that 99% of the things that I worry about never happen. I'm not really a drinker, but lately I've been thinking that I should start!

Sounds like a lot of us are anxious travellers. I'm so bad that when I have a trip coming up I don't even like to see cabs because I start stressing about the ride to the airport!

I hadn't even thought of this! I haven't packed any long sleeved tops for myself, or the kids. Are the mosquitos really that bad, or will short sleeves and bug spray keep them under control? Living in Brisbane, we are use to a sub tropical climate (and the mosqutios that brings), so I hadn't thought much about Costa Maya.:confused3

Thanks,
Rach

I think the long sleeves help with more than the mosquitoes, which are more of a problem here as they could be malaria carriers. I think long sleeves also help protect from the other elements that might be encountered. Most people will probably use short sleeves so whatever you are comfortable with :)

Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels as you make your way to SoCal! We're a short 20-30 minutes drive to the Port, which means we're working through Friday and probably won't start packing until Saturday! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels as you make your way to SoCal! We're a short 20-30 minutes drive to the Port, which means we're working through Friday and probably won't start packing until Saturday! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!
And, for those traveling to the LA area this week, expect the weather to be cloudy, dry, and in the mid to high 60's.

And, for those traveling to the LA area this week, expect the weather to be cloudy, dry, and in the mid to high 60's.

Mid to high 60's for high temperatures. If you're not bringing long sleeves for mosquitoes you should strongly consider it for LA.

Mid to high 60's for high temperatures. If you're not bringing long sleeves for mosquitoes you should strongly consider it for LA.

For sure! And I would think at least a sweater for night, too. (I'm the proud owner of an expensive tinkerbelle jacket because I didn't listen to that advice:sad2:

I thought the dining rooms were on the cool side so I took a jacket or sweater to dinner every night. Sherry

skayrobe said:
I thought the dining rooms were on the cool side so I took a jacket or sweater to dinner every night. Sherry

Susan feels the same way. Can be a bit cool out on deck at night when you're cruising along at 20 knots.

My previously healthy dog decided to go lame yesterday for no apparent reason and now won't put weight down on her back leg. One expensive vet trip later, we still don't know why. She is supposed to take it easy and no strenuous running for the next few weeks. That works out ok since the person who is taking her while we are away gives her lots of love and 3 walks a day but doesn't let her run with her friends in the park. My dog won't like the forced inactivity though. So of all the the things that I was worrying about, my dog was not one of them until now - it figures:sad2:

I hope your dog will be okay. Nala has spinal disc disease and she has to keep inactive too. My friend is watching her, so she will be in good hands. We will have try not to worry about our dogs together.

Yah for no rain in LA! Last time it poured the entire time. I have a hoodie packed so hopefully won't be too cold.

Yes, I'm reading the boards, when I really need to finish packing ;). I got home from work at 6:30, had dinner (nibbles & bits from the frig...using up what's left over), cleaned a bathroom, and finished some paperwork for the MIL. Now, at 8:30ish, I'm tired but HAVE to finish packing. (And I'd really rather watch Rudolph :goodvibes) We're driving to Philly tomorrow as soon as I get home from work (6:30ish), so all must be finished tonight. I can't believe it's finally here!!!:cheer2:

I totally understand the worriers. I'm not normally one, but I'm constantly thinking of things I need to do or could have done better. :crazy2: But, I'm fairly confident :scared: everything will go smoothly over the next several days....and then we'll be on the ship...:beach:Ahhhhh, life is good.

Safe travels everyone!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter