Eating "Healthy" & DDP

alacazander

DIS Veteran
HI All,

My dh is a diabetic and i'm trying Weight Watchers. Not that I going to be counting points while on vacation but just trying not to entirely blow it :teeth:

Are there any good places to eat a nice salad in the parks? Not thinking about table service spots because I know we can probably find something there but more the quick service places.

Do you have any suggestions, places or tips you've picked up for eating more then burgers and fries?

Could really use some tips for planning some meals. :grouphug:

Many of the CS places offer a choice/replacement for fries- either sliced fruit or carrots.

I'm on weight watchers too and the DDP. We will just have to skip dessert! As the previous poster mentioned many of the quick service places have salads and you can get grapes among other good treats as a side. For the table service restaurants I'm booking anything that has fish & chicken! I did read somewhere that some epcot places have sugar free brownies. I hope others will post with a location. There isn't many sugar free treats out there, I'm thinking of packing my own....

chipmunkfan said:
I'm on weight watchers too and the DDP. We will just have to skip dessert! As the previous poster mentioned many of the quick service places have salads and you can get grapes among other good treats as a side. For the table service restaurants I'm booking anything that has fish & chicken! I did read somewhere that some epcot places have sugar free brownies. I hope others will post with a location. There isn't many sugar free treats out there, I'm thinking of packing my own....

The Fountainview Cafe in Epcot serves sugar free cheesecake as well as sf brownies.

I also know that the candy store in Germany of the World Showcase sells some sugar free candies - I remember getting a really good peanut butter cup there (usually the sf pb cups can be pretty iffy!). They are under the glass where you check out.

:)

Sunshine Seasons food court in the Land pavilion in Epcot had some very nice salads, and I think their bakery may have had sugar free desserts. At Tusker House in AK you can get salmon with rice and green beans and grapes for dessert. They may have an entree salad too. Tangierine Cafe in Morocco in Epcot had some different cs food, but I don't think they had any fruit. Pinocchio's in Magic Kingdom had a pretty good turkey panini sandwich (I had it made without the bacon, because I don't eat bacon), and you could get carrots instead of chips, but I think that they might have had baked chips, and I think they had an entree salad too. We visit about once every 3 years, and every time we go I think that the healthy choices are better and more widespread. And given how much walking you do we found that none of us gained weight despite the dining plan. Good luck!

Subscribing. Would LOVE to know where to get a good "normal" salad. Just veggies, no fruit, no nuts, no reductions....you get the point :)

I jokingly say I love to "eat salad around the world". Every counter spot seems to have one but they are all different. You can get with and without meat, and two could actually share they are so big. Was doing it two weeks ago......again.........here are some I have eaten....

Flame Tree BBQ at AKL was yummy - Smoked Barbecue Chicken Salad -- crisp greens and tomato with balsamic vinaigrette dressing in a toasted garlic shell $6.99; without chicken $4.99

Columbia Harbor at MK was good - Garden Galley Salad - mixed greens with chicken, pecans, pineapple and feta cheese $6.99

Pinnochio House at MK - Antipasto Salad - fresh mixed greens, assorted Italian meats, olives, marinated mixed vegetables, and Parmesan cheese tossed in Italian dressing $6.99; Served without meat $4.99

Pecos Bills - Chicken Salad - freshly tossed seasoned chicken, jicama slaw, lettuce, vegetables and cheese in a lime vinaigrette $6.39; served without grilled chicken $4.69

POP resort - Caesar Salad $5.49

AKL Mara - had a Chicken Caesar Salad $6.99 with it's own flair...

Oh and the fruit cups around are great. Good portion, very fresh and good fruit $2.99 we paid.

Oh you guys are awesome!

Thank you!

After hearing some responses I don't think we will have a problem at all! Glad to hear we can sub fruit or veggies for fries. Baked chips and sugar free deserts! Yes!

I just love this board!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter