• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating at Universal vs. Disney

Everyone raves about the squid ink pasta but I haven’t personally eaten there. We will be trying it this week so if you have any reviews after please post!

If you want to make reservations for Citywalk restaurants, there’s an app on Apple called Zomato. We used it a couple times on our September trip. We would check for a reservation a few hours before we planned to eat. It worked pretty good.

I just wanted to update this with our latest visit a couple weeks ago, after Thanksgiving day. Many restaurants were showing unavailable on the same day, and some were also unavailable for the next day on the app. Not sure if the problem was that the restaurants were completely booked or that not all openings are reported to Zomato.

On Saturday, Antojitos wasn’t showing available, but we were seated immediately outside for a party of two around 8PM.

Also, the app seems to have a glitch were it requires a local phone number when making a reservation. I couldn’t make a reservation when using my cellphone number on their app. Their website accepted my cellphone number.

As for Opentable, Jake’s American Bar at RPR would never show availability after 5:30PM on it. The night we ate there, we couldn’t make a reservation for 8PM, but we were seated in about 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter