Eastern Vs Western on Fantasy

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Debating an August 2019 cruise either doing the Western or Eastern 7 night on the Fantasy. We will be traveling as a family of 4 our twins will be turning 7 on the cruise and have never been on one before. My thoughts on the Western cruise is you get less days at sea, which leads me to the con of the Eastern cruise 3 days what if we hate the boat or get sea sick. However, the Western cruise price point is about 1200 dollars more than the Eastern. So this would mean less money for excursions or lets say doing the princess tea. What are your experiences with each? Any other pros/cons for either itinerary? TIA!!!

Debating an August 2019 cruise either doing the Western or Eastern 7 night on the Fantasy. We will be traveling as a family of 4 our twins will be turning 7 on the cruise and have never been on one before. My thoughts on the Western cruise is you get less days at sea, which leads me to the con of the Eastern cruise 3 days what if we hate the boat or get sea sick. However, the Western cruise price point is about 1200 dollars more than the Eastern. So this would mean less money for excursions or lets say doing the princess tea. What are your experiences with each? Any other pros/cons for either itinerary? TIA!!!
I would go on the one that fits your schedule/budget. If someone is going to get seasick, 2 sea days vs. 3 sea days isn't going to make a big difference to their overall experience. Bring Dramamine to use at the first signs of seasickness. But in general, severe seasickness on these big ships is rare. I sometimes get motion sickness on land, and even threw up on a carnival ride once, can't ride the Tea Cups at WDW without feeling ill, etc. But I've never had problems on a cruise, even when I could feel lots of movement.

I agree with the pp. We've cruised to Alaska, WC, and EC. We are doing another EC in March to St. Maarten and San Juan on the Wonder and then another EC on the Fantasy next Jan. 2019. I've gotten seasick once, hasn't stopped me from cruising though. The WC has a better variety of thrilling excursions like zip-lining, while the EC is more laid back with beach excursions. I'd take a look at the excursions and see which look better for your family. You'll find that there may be some that you won't be able to do because of your twin's ages. You'll end up loving whichever one you choose.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter