Earthquakes...

Yep! I felt it - and I heard it coming. My windows will groan and creak before the ground actually starts swaying.

As Lucy from Cal Tech said earlier this year - we are in a period of high quake activity now. Those cycles come and go and things could be relatively quiet for years, but we were long overdue for our latest cycle of quake activity and we are smack dab in the middle of it!

Man, ya'll are getting more than I think we've gotten up North. I'm used to feeling a lot more than we've gotten recently.

i felt it too!!!! our building was swaying!! that was a good strong one!! near palm springs.,

Honestly, most quakes just feel like a truck is driving by or something. Really not a big deal, and nothing you can control! The Easter one was a bit scary, but it ended quickly. (Although the water sloshed in my pool for a good half an hour...)

Seriously, no big deal!

I've only been to DLR once and that was in June 2005. We were on our way to Hawaii and stopped in Anaheim for a few days to be a part of the 50th celebration, and wouldn't you know it---there was a small quake. We had travelled all the way from Alabama, first time to visit DRL, and we did not get to ride BTM or the Railroad due to the tracks having to the checked out.

We're planning another trip in May or June of next year, so you may not want to visit during that time, in case our luck holds true again!

Honestly, most quakes just feel like a truck is driving by or something. Really not a big deal, and nothing you can control! The Easter one was a bit scary, but it ended quickly. (Although the water sloshed in my pool for a good half an hour...)

Seriously, no big deal!

Yeah that one was kinda scary. I was outside with the dog! And the ground started to move and then I noticed the windows on my house were shaking—it was soo strong-but they should not be feared-shelly you will be fine when you come!!

We were in DLR in July 08, enjoying the Indiana Jones show. The actress on stage was doing a bit about moving a secret rock and as she did so, the floor below us (we were seated in the back on a raised platform) shook and the lanterns hanging above us swayed. I thought, "cool effect!" :thumbsup2 The actress didn't miss a beat, said something about removing the rock must have upset the gods, and she put it back and went on with the show. :rotfl:

Afterwards, we headed to POTC but found it closed. Perplexing. So we went over to Haunted Mansion and found a huge crowd outside, as it was also closed. The streets were very crowded. So we stopped at one of the counter-service places for a snack, then checked POTC again. Still closed. :confused3 I said, "something is wrong, maybe there was a power outage. Let's head to the front of the park and see if those rides are running". So we headed over to the train station, and found it was also closed. I was starting to get frustrated and I asked a CM at the train station what the delay was. "We have to check all of the rides carefully after an earthquake." she said. :scared1:

We felt like a couple of idiots for sitting through an earthquake without even realizing it. I've got to hand it to the actress, she did a mean ad-lib!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter