Early morning strategy at DCA

JasonMak2000

Mouseketeer
With the opening of Pixar Pier, what is currently the best strategy at rope drop and extra magic hour? Still RSR or GoTG, or is incredicoaster and pixar pier the new first stop of the day?

Toss up. In the warmer weather, RSR likes to break down a lot and the Incredicoaster also seems to be down a lot. But RSR seems to be down longer when it is down but Incredicoaster is down more often but for shorter periods.

I’d do Guardians last. On Wednesday, it was still a walk-on just before park opening (EMH) but lines had already built for RSR, Incredicoaster, and Toy Story.

When you tap in at 8AM, can you pick up your first FP with MaxPass right away even though it won’t be good until 9? If so, which of the rides would you recommend grabbing a MP for?

When you tap in at 8AM, can you pick up your first FP with MaxPass right away even though it won’t be good until 9? If so, which of the rides would you recommend grabbing a MP for?
Yes, you can pull First FP right away, at least via Maxpass. If you are planning on riding RSR twice or only during the day, I’d grab that first. If not, then probably Incredicoaster. Not sure when your trip is but as it gets close you can play around on the app and see times for the FP’s.

Yes, you can pull First FP right away, at least via Maxpass. If you are planning on riding RSR twice or only during the day, I’d grab that first. If not, then probably Incredicoaster. Not sure when your trip is but as it gets close you can play around on the app and see times for the FP’s.
Thank you! It's not until January, I'm just very excited so starting to research very early :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter