Early Entry in- Extra Magic Hours out

Wow! I can't believe how many negative reactions there are to this early entry thing...especially on here, where we are generally so pro Disney.
I will offer a dissenting opinion.

I think this is great news!!!!

Especially b/c we are in the middle of a pandemic. Any decrease in a restriction is good news to me.
Do you really think this is some permanent change? Like WDW has never changed the rules before. Maybe they do extend it to an hour. Maybe ALL attractions are opened for that 30 minutes, instead of just the select few of EMH. Maybe they offer extra evening hours at some point. Maybe they do return to EMH at some parks, maybe they give resort guest and AP holders extra FPs, maybe, maybe, maybe.

30 minutes is better than 0 minutes currently offered. I can get 1-3 headliners done in that time.
I'm not saying this is incentive to stay on site, but if I am staying on site anyway, better to be able to get in early, than not.

How will they separate them? The same way they have already been doing that for EMH. All guest can enter, but you can only enter an attraction if your MB indicates you are a resort guest.

Let's just say my refillable mug is half-full.

No more extra magic hours.

BUT COMING 2022 PLEASE BUY OUR NEW EVENING PASS FOR +$100 a day to stay in the park from 7pm to 1am! (Regular park closing is now 8pm). /s

For sure, that is what they were doing pre-COVID. Reducing EMH and doing more morning and evening paid ticketed events. This is just an excuse to implement it now...

This has always been the way, pre covid. You stood at a tapstiles just waiting for the opening time while on site guests went through the ones at the end
That was only at the parks with EMH, though.
Wow! I can't believe how many negative reactions there are to this early entry thing...especially on here, where we are generally so pro Disney.

Especially b/c we are in the middle of a pandemic. Any decrease in a restriction is good news to me.
Do you really think this is some permanent change? Like WDW has never changed the rules before. Maybe they do extend it to an hour. Maybe ALL attractions are opened for that 30 minutes, instead of just the select few of EMH. Maybe they offer extra evening hours at some point. Maybe they do return to EMH at some parks, maybe they give resort guest and AP holders extra FPs, maybe, maybe, maybe.

30 minutes is better than 0 minutes currently offered. I can get 1-3 headliners done in that time.
I'm not saying this is incentive to stay on site, but if I am staying on site anyway, better to be able to get in early, than not.

How will they separate them? The same way they have already been doing that for EMH. All guest can enter, but you can only enter an attraction if your MB indicates you are a resort guest.

Except they're not currently offering zero minutes. Most parks "unofficially" open to rope-droppers 45 -60 minutes before the park is listed as open. So, all guests were already getting this benefit. Only 30 minutes before park opening actually means a reductions from what we see now because the advantage of rope dropping will be eliminated.

That was only at the parks with EMH, though.

Except they're not currently offering zero minutes. Most parks "unofficially" open to rope-droppers 45 -60 minutes before the park is listed as open. So, all guests were already getting this benefit. Only 30 minutes before park opening actually means a reductions from what we see now because the advantage of rope dropping will be eliminated.

We'll have to see how it plays out. Suppose the opening time were 9:00am. If they let resort guests in before 8:30 and block the parking lot gates until 9 sharp, that could end up being even more significant than just the one hour.

I went to DHS in early August for rope drop to get a boarding pass. I remember it being a 10:00am opening, yet I was in line for Chuuby's digital adventure (Mickey & Minnie's) at about 9:22 and many people were ahead of me. And, the attraction was running, not just lining up in advance.

For off site guests, the morning tapstiles are going to feel like boarding a Southwest Flight. Everyone is huddling around the gate eyeing each other just waiting for their boarding group to be called so they can be the first to have their ticket scanned.

I don't think that will actually change.
This is anecdotal, but in August and November when we went, we were constantly moving in what looked like crazy long lines.

My family loved working FP+, but if lines move as they did during our recent visits once full capacity is back, we'd not miss it much.

You really don't need much evidence beyond knowing how the system works. The line will move at least twice "as fast" without FP because you're not stopping the line to let people in from another line and usually more than 50% came from the FP line. I've read at peak times that can be 80-90%. As far as waiting times however, it also means you've now just combined two lines into one so while you'll have a faster line, you also have a longer line. What that means at any given ride at any given moment will vary. A line moving "faster" only refers to how fast you're walking though it - not necessarily how long it'll take to get to the front.

We'll have to see how it plays out. Suppose the opening time were 9:00am. If they let resort guests in before 8:30 and block the parking lot gates until 9 sharp, that could end up being even more significant than just the one hour.

I went to DHS in early August for rope drop to get a boarding pass. I remember it being a 10:00am opening, yet I was in line for Chuuby's digital adventure (Mickey & Minnie's) at about 9:22 and many people were ahead of me. And, the attraction was running, not just lining up in advance.
they won't hold people at the toll plaza, what of on site people arriving via car? they have enough space now in all 4 parks to separate the crowds before the tapstiles

So that is their way of making travellers reconsider staying offsite in protest of ME being gone lol

No that is Disney's way of saying we know there enough suckers who will pay 3-4x the going hotel rate and we don't have to provide Magical Express, EMH. Fast Passes. Package Delivery, Charge them for parking at the resorts, or any other perks for staying onsite but before we go too extreme let's let them in 30 minutes early........ After all our next move is to start charging for the Bus, Boat and Skyliner

You are thinking now, pandemic short-term, and I would agree to what you have said in that respect. The way this has been presented though, this the long-term, post-pandemic plan.

I'm probably not bringing much new to the table here - but early entry - whatever you wanted to call it, was the "main" reason we used to , pre-covid, love staying on site.

We attended, last November 2020, and had "everyone"showing up early -45-60 mins prior - and basically the lines insta-formed for everyone allowed in.

If they police this properly, and let On-Site only guests in - 30 mins prior - it could hold water, until the business fully returns post -covid. I will reserve judgement how this works in practice.
I did not like arriving in a Parking lot with on/off site guests all at once. Covid is taking a toll on a lot of businesses - disney included.

Disclaimer - DVC here - so I'm committed to staying On-site already, so I have to take what I can get regarding resort-only guests for now....

I was panicked about ME ending, until later on in the article it mentioned the light rail line from MCO to Disney Springs opening in 2022. I suspect that's why ME is ending in 2022.

For me/my family, personally, it’s negative because we never utilized Early Morning EMH.... we’d get our 3 FP’s, first one we’d get between 9:30-10 so we didn’t have to rush to be in the parks early, finish our 3FP’s, swim all afternoon, have dinner and go back in for Evening EMH. That’s how we like to Disney. Everyone is different. With the change, I still will not utilize the Early Entry, so it’s not something that benefits us. I’d prefer late nights any day to early mornings.

I was panicked about ME ending, until later on in the article it mentioned the light rail line from MCO to Disney Springs opening in 2022. I suspect that's why ME is ending in 2022.

"Service connecting South Florida to Central Florida is expected to open in 2022." Brightline Rail. Construction of the line began in Miami, will go north to Orlando, then west to Tampa.

"Brightline has set a potential timetable for the completion of its Walt Disney World Resort connection. The Miami-based intercity rail provider in its November monthly ridership report said it wants to start revenue service on the connection during the second half of 2023." BizJournal Orlando. This references the connected between MCO and Disney Springs... late 2023.

If correct, this is 1.5 to 2 years between DME ending and the train service beginning. :(

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how this plays out. I don't think it will turn out to be quite as horrible as some think it may be. Our last trip to WDW was summer of 2018. We purposely avoided the park each day that had EMH because it attracted way more people. For ME personally, I'd PREFER there to be early entry/EMH at EVERY park on a daily basis. I **LIKE** the idea of it pretty much being equal early access to all of the parks BECAUSE it will hopefully spread the horde of humanity over 4 parks instead of just the 1 that previously only had EMH that day.

Right now, Disney essentially is opening each park early ANYWAY. So this won't change much for people who stay on site.

BUT...if you stay OFF site, then you will likely NOT be able to get on ANY rides/attractions before the official park opening. And that will be true at EVERY park, NOT just the one EMH park like in the pre-COVID days.

So say goodbye to the off-site guests currently able to get on MMRR @ HS 45 min before HS official opening. Say goodbye to off-site guests currently able to get on Peter Pan or 7DMT before MK official opening.

I bet you $50 that this new Early Entry policy goes into effect once WDW decides to ease up on the social distancing in the parks. Why? Because all of the off site guests who want to get into a park right at official park opening will basically bunch up together and have to wait...unless Disney decides to have a massively long socially distanced off-site guest temp check/security check line.

I think it'll go into effect this summer. And WDW will then also release a new discount room rate and/or package rate deal to convince guests to stay on site instead of going off site.

30 minutes is just silly. We used to avoid morning emh parks.. not sure what the true perk is for staying on property will be for some people, especially groups ( with ME taken away as well)
Those that love Disney will adjust and go with the flow ... however I think others will be considering off site when all these changes take place.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not . . . "at worst this will make literally no difference in your day."

Rope dropping an hour before 'official' park opening (at parks that did not have EMHs), literally made ALL the difference on our trips. We'd bang out 4 or 5 headliners before most of the crowds arrived. Whether onsite or offsite guests, not having the ability to do this anymore several reduces our experience.
But that is the good part for Disney. They will gladly sell you fast passes at some point to add back to your experience.

Guest at the hotels of Tokyo Disneyland/Disney Sea get early admission of 15 minutes as perk. Only deluxe hotel guests get a complimentary monorail pass. Guests at the value resorts get complimentary bus service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter