Early Entry in- Extra Magic Hours out

I have been assuming all along that Disney would certainly start this up by the summer. But now I'm not so sure. That was part of what prompted me to book an on-site stay! Are they really going to announce this in January and then not implement it until the fall (or later)??

I have been assuming all along that Disney would certainly start this up by the summer. But now I'm not so sure. That was part of what prompted me to book an on-site stay! Are they really going to announce this in January and then not implement it until the fall (or later)??
They could start it anytime. But the announcement did state "later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration" and nothing else anniversary-related appears to be starting until fall so that's my guess.

Are they really going to announce this in January and then not implement it until the fall (or later)??
Seems that way, yes. I don't see them implementing it until distancing requirements are relaxed a bit. Right now they are letting everyone in an hour early so crowds don't build at the entrances. This new early entry is only going to be resort guests and 30 minutes -- if they do it now I think they would still end up with large crowds waiting to get in.

They could start it anytime. But the announcement did state "later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration" and nothing else anniversary-related appears to be starting until fall so that's my guess.
Seems that way, yes. I don't see them implementing it until distancing requirements are relaxed a bit. Right now they are letting everyone in an hour early so crowds don't build at the entrances. This new early entry is only going to be resort guests and 30 minutes -- if they do it now I think they would still end up with large crowds waiting to get in.
Makes sense. Thanks. It still seems kind of weird that, in most other respects, they are keeping us in the dark as to what the post-Covid world will look like. Will there be Fastpasses again? Will the Fastpass system be different? Will there be a paid option? Will there be hard ticket events? What will the Genie app do? What, if anything, will be the new option for travel to and from the airport?

The general practice seems to be to wait until the social distancing ends to tell us what comes next. But, in this respect, they've already told us --- and used it to entice people to book onsite stays, despite having removed many of the other benefits of staying onsite. Yet there is no way for us to know when this benefit will kick in.

Related questions: Right now, are they opening the gates an hour early? Are the rides running at that time? (Some of them? All of them?) If not, when do they start running?

Related questions: Right now, are they opening the gates an hour early? Are the rides running at that time? (Some of them? All of them?) If not, when do they start running?
Right now, are they opening the gates an hour early? - Yes, 45 minutes to an hour early for everyone

Are the rides running at that time? -Not all, but many. Varies by park but most of the headliners will be running early and everything else opens by or at official opening time.

Right now, are they opening the gates an hour early? - Yes, 45 minutes to an hour early for everyone

Are the rides running at that time? -Not all, but many. Varies by park but most of the headliners will be running early and everything else opens by or at official opening time.

So as of right now they are opening 45 minutes to an hour early (compared to the posted open time) at every park? I am just making sure I am reading this correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter