• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry in- Extra Magic Hours out

I'm thinking a main way they will control the early entry is by only allowing you in to the parks via Disney transportation. If off site guests or day visitors are driving themselves they will hold you at the parking lot entrance.

Last Sunday I drove to HS. Was in the parking lot line at 7:52am for a 9am park opening. They didn't start letting cars in until after 8:10am. But the Skyliner was running bringing people in & so were the Disney buses. I assume the boats were running too.

I am super disappointed about the Magical Express. I would drive over & my mom flies in taking the ME so we can just meet at the hotel. That was a major draw to staying onsite (even though I still get charged for hotel parking :mad:).

I'm thinking a main way they will control the early entry is by only allowing you in to the parks via Disney transportation. If off site guests or day visitors are driving themselves they will hold you at the parking lot entrance.

Last Sunday I drove to HS. Was in the parking lot line at 7:52am for a 9am park opening. They didn't start letting cars in until after 8:10am. But the Skyliner was running bringing people in & so were the Disney buses. I assume the boats were running too.

I am super disappointed about the Magical Express. I would drive over & my mom flies in taking the ME so we can just meet at the hotel. That was a major draw to staying onsite (even though I still get charged for hotel parking :mad:).

Nothing like forcing people to bring a car (cancel DME), charge them to park at their resort, and then making it difficult to use it...

Geez, is Disney hitting us with the bad news before rolling out some positive news? or is it just a case of this is the new normal?

Nothing like forcing people to bring a car (cancel DME), charge them to park at their resort, and then making it difficult to use it...

Agreed! I park my car at the resort for my visit. I am using Disney transportation. I am now paying for my car to sit there?? I have an AP also. Totally ridiculous when they made that change.

I really don't get the thought process of charging to park at resorts. Wouldn't you rather encourage people to park their cars & use transportation? Now the cancelling of DME??? :confused3

I wonder if this is just Disney playing hardball in negotiations with Mears. After all, it's not set to begin until almost a year from now.

re: paying to park at the resort -
I encourage anyone who's planning on staying off site to add up ALL of the extra fees (including parking fees) that many off site resorts charge. Then add the $25/day WDW parking fee (for theme park parking) to that. Then you can truly do an apples-to-apples comparison. In some situations, it might not end up cheaper to stay off site.

FWIW, not all on site guests use EMH.

re: paying to park at the resort -
I encourage anyone who's planning on staying off site to add up ALL of the extra fees (including parking fees) that many off site resorts charge. Then add the $25/day WDW parking fee (for theme park parking) to that. Then you can truly do an apples-to-apples comparison. In some situations, it might not end up cheaper to stay off site.

FWIW, not all on site guests use EMH.

Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek- no resort fee, no parking fee, right near Riveria, two bedroom condo with amazing pools- a week at the end of May? $1078 with taxes ($155 a night) and with that kitchen you can easily skip eating every single meal at Disney- something a bit trickier in a room at Pop that goes for the same price.

No more extra magic hours.

BUT COMING 2022 PLEASE BUY OUR NEW EVENING PASS FOR +$100 a day to stay in the park from 7pm to 1am! (Regular park closing is now 8pm). /s
This is what I was saying a year ago, with all the special event tickets. I really felt like they were going for a two ticket day. Need to buy one day ticket and one evening ticket in order to get a full day

How would they even separate on-site from off-site @ rope-drop? Also, "on-site" had become pretty loosely defined pre-COVID with all the "partner" properties they were adding. 3o minutes - MAN is that meaningless...

Have you ever attended at EMM? Im guessing they will divide them just as they do then.

This is what I was saying a year ago, with all the special event tickets. I really felt like they were going for a two ticket day. Need to buy one day ticket and one evening ticket in order to get a full day
Yea the writing was on the wall. Even if they don't outright call it a 2 ticket day, they will will make every night a special event ticket.

Every night:
  • January-Feb: Mickey's Winter Wonderland Special Event Ticket
  • March-May: Mickey's Springtime Special Event Ticket
  • June-July: Mickey's Summer of Fun Special Event Ticket
  • August - October: Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Special Event Ticket
  • Nov-Dec: Mickey's Christmas Special Event Ticket

I wonder if this is just Disney playing hardball in negotiations with Mears. After all, it's not set to begin until almost a year from now.

Seems like Mears is happy going their own way.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Mears spokesperson Roger Chapin told Spectrum News, “Walt Disney made us aware of their decision. While we are disappointed Disney will no longer offer this service, we intend to continue offering transportation services between the airport and all area theme parks and hotels to meet the demand of our visitors now and in the future.”

For off site guests, the morning tapstiles are going to feel like boarding a Southwest Flight. Everyone is huddling around the gate eyeing each other just waiting for their boarding group to be called so they can be the first to have their ticket scanned.
This has always been the way, pre covid. You stood at a tapstiles just waiting for the opening time while on site guests went through the ones at the end

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter