Oh My Mickey

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this or if it is even allowed… can I book a DVC room for the night before I arrive so that my room will be ready when I arrive there the next morning. Our flights are at 5 am so we will be arriving well before the 4 pm check in time, so I was thinking of making my “check in” the day before. Thoughts?

If you have the points, you certainly could do this. I'd have MS mark it on your reservation that you'll be a very "late" arrival - but you should certainly have a room. If you do online check-in, you should be able to go right to the room. It seems like a lot of points to do it - but you'd have peace of mind you have a room upon arrival.....

You sure could, but why? Are you wanting to sleep for a bit? If just wanting to store luggage you can do at hotel. I would say by the time you arrive, if flight is on time, and get to hotel you're probably looking at 9 am. I would leave luggage with desk at hotel and head to breakfast or the parks.

We hit about 50% for early check-in for a DVC villa over the past couple of years. Be sure to go the resort desk (or the CM with a touchpad) and ask for the first available room in your category. Even if it's not available, you'll have a decent shot getting checked-in well before 4 PM.

You can do this. I would call before arrival and put a note on the reservation you are not arriving until early the next morning out of extreme caution but so far we have not seen reports of Disney selling rooms out from under people because they didn’t arrive on check-in day.

Actually we've done it, but not intentionally. Last year we were due to check in at Disney on a Thursday. However, thanks to Southwest, we ended up in a city part way there, and didn't arrive until Friday around 10:30 am. We called the resort and, in our frustration, we didn't give an explanation, but said we'd arrive Friday morning. She was very nice, and everything worked out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter