Dwarf Mine ride with a 2 year old?

Katholicchik

Mouseketeer
My 2 year old son is tall enough to ride (39.5 inches) and pretty hardcore as tots go. Think we should try it or do you think it may too scary for him to process being so young?

Thanks

It's actually a pretty tame ride. He can see it before you get on, so you can decide if it's a bad idea. But it's actually perfect for a little one who wants to ride a roller coaster. It's also not otherwise scary (in theming).

It's a very smooth ride and the inside is bright and cheerful. Looking up the ride on youtube would be helpful too!

Mine was almost 3. He liked it at first but then got a bit uncomfortable during the fast parts. No crying, but he said it made me dizzy mommy!

Mine was almost 3. He liked it at first but then got a bit uncomfortable during the fast parts. No crying, but he said it made me dizzy mommy!

I just want you to know I LOVE your screen name!! It holds a special place for me because of a delightful gift shop in a town where we used to spend in the summer. :flower:

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things.
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings." (L.Carroll)

It makes me smile!! My daughter was Alice for Halloween one year because I love the quote.image.jpg

That is one tall 2year old! My nephew is literally off the charts and wasn't that tall at 2.5. I'd say make Fastpasses assuming it will be fine for him, because it probably will be. Try Barnstormer first and if he thinks that's awesome, he should be just great for mine train.

I can remember that quote so well because it was used on these Saturday morning shows, they were like educational commercials (like maybe to fill the time when a show was slightly short), and they'd talk about books and such. I don't know if they were local, but that's how it always started. Honestly, I really have no idea what they were. It stuck with me though.

And, the Mine Train is pretty tame (and pretty great). It's the perfect coaster for a young one to start with.

I can remember that quote so well because it was used on these Saturday morning shows, they were like educational commercials (like maybe to fill the time when a show was slightly short), and they'd talk about books and such. I don't know if they were local, but that's how it always started. Honestly, I really have no idea what they were. It stuck with me though.

And, the Mine Train is pretty tame (and pretty great). It's the perfect coaster for a young one to start with.

That's funny that you say that about the TV fillers. Is it possible,you are remembering the Jimminy Cricket educational shows? If you ask someone in their mid-60's how to spell encyclopedia, I bet some will be able to sing it like Jimminy did!

really just depends on the individual child.

my niece was 2yrs4mos when she went on soarin, test track, and splash mountain and loved them all.
had 7DMT been around then she would have gone on that too.

if your child is tall enough and WANTS to go on then i say go for it.

That is one tall 2year old! My nephew is literally off the charts and wasn't that tall at 2.5. I'd say make Fastpasses assuming it will be fine for him, because it probably will be. Try Barnstormer first and if he thinks that's awesome, he should be just great for mine train.
Yeah he's always been around the 99-98th percentile since birth. Hoping we get an NBA player out of the amount of food he eats. :)

Yeah he's always been around the 99-98th percentile since birth. Hoping we get an NBA player out of the amount of food he eats. :)

i keep telling my niece who is now 7 and is already at 5ft she should play basketball but she says she hates basketball.
so then i said she should be a model. she's down with that lol.

There are several mentions to try Barnstormer first and that is a good idea if this will be the first coaster experience. But I will note that I thought the Mine Train was WAY smoother of a ride than Barnstormer. Barnstormers is bumpy and rough even though it is a kid coaster and very tame. The hills and turns may be larger on Mine Train but you don't get off feel like you got jostled around and bumped your head on the back. That's just my 2 cents...but wanted to put it out there anyway.:thumbsup2

We took our son on it last year for the first time when he was almost 3 and he loved it! If you are a bit concerned though, you could also ask to sit at/near the front as it is a little more tame there compared to the back. We rode it yesterday and sat at the very back and it was noticeably different!

I agree that SDMT is better than Barnstormer as a first coaster -- much smoother, and cute things to look at in between the fast parts.

There are several mentions to try Barnstormer first and that is a good idea if this will be the first coaster experience. But I will note that I thought the Mine Train was WAY smoother of a ride than Barnstormer. Barnstormers is bumpy and rough even though it is a kid coaster and very tame. The hills and turns may be larger on Mine Train but you don't get off feel like you got jostled around and bumped your head on the back. That's just my 2 cents...but wanted to put it out there anyway.:thumbsup2

Thanks for saying this. I always thought the Barnstormer was rough when I was a kid! I thought maybe I was remembering it wrong, but I was terrified my head was going to hit the barn when we went through the opening. Was never scared of Space Mountain though, so go figure. ;)

My fondest Disney memory is chasing my then 3 year old daughter back to the entrance of Space Mtn moments before midnight with her screaming "one more time Daddy" all the way.

I think a 2 year old will be fine on 7D. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter