DVCCorry's "La ho'omana'o" Trip to Aulani - May 17th - 26th LIVE

We don't use Costco, are there reasonable places nearby to by coffee and breakfast and lunch items for the villa?

Would you rent a car for a one-week visit?

Talked to concierge. Charley's taxi has a flat rate for the airport. $55 each way. Just let them know your an Aulani guest.

They have a $10 each way to Kapolei (Costco, Safeway, Target) from 10-5 and 15 from 5-10

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! And happy anniversary!!! Thanks for all the great info you are sharing. Visiting Aulani is just a dream right now but I am filing these tidbits away. ;). I'm surprised about the influx of locals to the pool on weekends. I knew all beaches are public but I would have thought there would be a way to ensure only resort guests used the pool. :confused3

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! And happy anniversary!!! Thanks for all the great info you are sharing. Visiting Aulani is just a dream right now but I am filing these tidbits away. ;). I'm surprised about the influx of locals to the pool on weekends. I knew all beaches are public but I would have thought there would be a way to ensure only resort guests used the pool. :confused3

Let me explain...

They do enforce the guest policy. I think they have a lot of locals staying here on the weekends. Disney offers local rates. They require every guest to have a wrist band that changes daily. They monitor them on property. You can't even get a towel without one!!

Monday May 20th

Today was family day for us!! My MIL and FIL were going to go off to Honolulu and we wanted to have a fun day with our son.

I got up at my usual way to early hour (5:30) and was surprised at the amount of work emails I had. We are 3 hours behind my CA team and 6 hours behind the NY office. This actually has turned out to be a blessing this week. I get a handle on my email from 5:30-7:00 and don't really look at it again. People give me a hard time for doing this but I get over 100 work emails a day and even with an OUT OF OFFICE they keep pouring in. If I don't work on them during vacation I would be stressed out of my mind when I came back... It allows me to relax on vacation and not come back to a storm. :)

So, we had a slew of activities starting with..... a character breakfast.

0ce08a994b9b1704884e09a56e6f1382_zpsdd263699.jpg

Waiting for mommy.....

1e542e3abf8eb6d03ff121d089cee7ca_zps588f904a.jpg

Not sure what day I made this so I am including it here... Tilt Shift Aulani!!

Here is a tip.... the breakfast buffet has an al a carte menu so you don't have to buy the $32 buffet. It is not "CHEAP" but it is better than being forced into a buffet you will not get the value out of. I had the buffet and it was pretty good. The food was fresh and hot. My only real problem was you took a quick picture with Mickey and then Minnie and Goofy visited your table briefly. I don't expect them to sit down and break bread but I wish there were more characters to visit.

My son LOVED IT!!

71cc7f7f12539a9c4635491c78091157_zps0f0f1fb6.jpg

79bb1e7c9084e53bbb848659d739b7f4_zps80253c14.jpg

ab869b58ae03088fff03510b1bd4362c_zps7a6a1d03.jpg

He loves to kiss their noses... no idea why. He is suh a sweet heart. I don't want to think about the germs on that nose...

After breakfast it was more fun for us as we went to open house at Aunty's Beach House. It is basically set our child down and keep him from destroying the place! I recommend going to the open house if you have the time on your trip!!

7aa7a9c83fd6b41e2cc82d5dbd4c29b1_zps96a1119f.jpg

6f8e1f7198deb2203377b2f78fea7301_zps63443400.jpg

Next up we decided to head to the North Shore to go find Sea Turtles. We went to "Turtle Beach". I cannot describe how cool this was. There were over 10 turtles on the beach. We saw three come out of the ocean to sunbath.

1cb891c08ce8304d0b81f40c8e2300c1_zpsa2e5e8c9.jpg

0a150ecbf4ec5965f017834c041a3609_zps0aeb512b.jpg

If you have a rental car and don't go to this beach on your trip you are missing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We decided to call as our little man was getting tired and headed back to Aulani. He took a good long nap. Mommy took a good long nap. I caught up on emails.

0e31df7a1d94411dbd0dca860b89a20f_zps0c83195c.jpg

Cool dudes!

That night we went to Just Tacos for dinner. I also recommend this place, great tacos. On Tuesday they have $3 tacos. It's a great value.

We watched the sunset from the beach (I don't have any pictures from my iPhone). :(

Hey there! Just found your TR...you're still there, aren't you? We will be there in a month! 2br resort, also traveling with DMIL and FIL (and our two girls).

I have 634 questions for ya if you catch up on email :)

1. how many casabellas are there, and which ones (numbers?) do you think are best?

2. how busy is the pool area on weekends relatively speaking? Are we talking like, Vegas hotel pool meat-market/drinking party crowded, or average Disney pool crowded or what?

3. do you have to have a Costco membership to shop there (like sams?)

4. I keep seeing people mention 'Roy's"...what is that?

5. you said the lazy river was cold..... how about the pools and ocean?

Okay so only 5.... not too bad. :rolleyes1

Thanks in advance if you have time to answer. Enjoying your TR . Kinda getting excited finally (I'm more of a DCL junkie, this trip is for the hubs and the inlaws).

Oh hey look! I thought of two more questions in my sleep!!! Can you tell me more specifically where this Turtle Beach is... And more about what was at the Swap meet? You know, because I'm sure you're bored there in paradise and just want to answer my questions ;)

Hope your day is going great!

Oh hey look! I thought of two more questions in my sleep!!! Can you tell me more specifically where this Turtle Beach is... And more about what was at the Swap meet? You know, because I'm sure you're bored there in paradise and just want to answer my questions ;)

Hope your day is going great!

We went to the Aloha stadium swap meet yesterday ... It was very close to Pearl Harbor, so we went until our tour time. There where great prices on souvenirs; everything....t shirts, shell necklaces, wooden items, clothes, lots of cut up fruit to buy and eat, floral luggage and bags, etc. I bought most of my gifts and souvenirs there.

I want more! Please continue.... Loving your trip report!!!! By the way, where is turtle beach??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter