• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC vs. D23

vikingfans

Mouseketeer
Hello All, I am looking for a little guidance. I'm definitely going to buy into Disney+, and I see that there is a discount for D23 members. I am not currently a D23 member. Would it be worth it for me to become a D23 member? Are other discounts I can get as a D23 member that I cannot get as a DVC member?

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

You can get the discount for Disney+ with the free membership. There are special events for D23 gold members and the magazine if you wanted to subscribe to the Gold plan.

Just yesterday I signed up for D23 general membership, just for the Disney+ discount, and this morning I was able to sign up for the discounted price for 3 years. I think it is a great price for the amount of content that the user will have access to.

Just did it to! We were going to get anyway so saving was just the cherry on top!

I joined D23 the other day with a general membership to get the discount. But to to be honest, Disney+ had me at Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni making a Star Wars show together.....

Thanks for posting this question. I didn't realize you could get the discount with just the general membership. I signed up tonight. Do you receive the discount offer through email or do I need to check back on my new D23 account?

Thanks for posting this question. I didn't realize you could get the discount with just the general membership. I signed up tonight. Do you receive the discount offer through email or do I need to check back on my new D23 account?

It sounds like you'll have access to it both ways.

I signed up two days ago and never got an email, but I never get promotional emails from Disney. I know there are others on this board in similar shape as I'm in, so I thought it was worth noting.

Help! It's asking for my redemption code to "see the exclusive offer." I signed up but got no confirmation. What is the offer?

Oh DUH...the offer is for the subscription...DOH!

Last edited:
Help! It's asking for my redemption code to "see the exclusive offer." I signed up but got no confirmation. What is the offer?
I think when we signed up we just had to log in to D23 again and go to like either my account or profile where there was a link. I don't think there was any sort of email with a code. Took about 24 hours for it to be there though.

I signed up. Next day went in and offer was there. Signed up.

Later the same day got an email with the offer.

We signed up for the free account got the offer code next day and signed up. We just cut the cord and are shopping for content we want!

I signed up two days ago and never got an email, but I never get promotional emails from Disney. I know there are others on this board in similar shape as I'm in, so I thought it was worth noting.

The offer has now come in for me, too.
I have a feeling this is just really smart marketing by Disney, and only a so-so "deal". They get you to commit to two things: a fan club and their streaming service for three years, and in exchange you get 33% off the price.
Considering that you are signing up a for a product that you are yet to preview, unsure of what exactly can be found in their library, 33% off for a three year commitment, paid up front, seems like a reasonable trade off, not a steal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter