DVC vs. D23

The offer has now come in for me, too.
I have a feeling this is just really smart marketing by Disney, and only a so-so "deal". They get you to commit to two things: a fan club and their streaming service for three years, and in exchange you get 33% off the price.
Considering that you are signing up a for a product that you are yet to preview, unsure of what exactly can be found in their library, 33% off for a three year commitment, paid up front, seems like a reasonable trade off, not a steal.

They have published a list of a lot of what they will be offering on the service if you do a search. Also, I've been a general member of D23 for 7 years or so. Usually forget that I am.

They have published a list of a lot of what they will be offering on the service if you do a search. Also, I've been a general member of D23 for 7 years or so. Usually forget that I am.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal at all. I should have signed up for d23 years ago myself with how much I keep up on Disney anyway. I'm just pointing out that you are trading a 3 year commitment to a new product for 33% off. Most companies would take that deal any day. Our local six flags offered 60% off an annual pass for next year as long as you bought it before the end of this September.
This is smart by Disney because it will bring their initial subscriber numbers up.
The thing that really sets Disney+ apart is their initial low price, even without this deal. My wife and I were discussing dropping netflix and picking this up, and that's exactly what Disney wants. Especially if we commit in advance to doing that for 3 years straight.

The offer has now come in for me, too.
I have a feeling this is just really smart marketing by Disney, and only a so-so "deal". They get you to commit to two things: a fan club and their streaming service for three years, and in exchange you get 33% off the price.
Considering that you are signing up a for a product that you are yet to preview, unsure of what exactly can be found in their library, 33% off for a three year commitment, paid up front, seems like a reasonable trade off, not a steal.
This might be the best deal that Disney has given out lately, it is much cheaper than Netflix, and might end up having a bigger catalog of videos from day one. I also think that they want to show the Industry a huge number of sign ups at the very beginning, along with Wall Street. If they get a huge number of initial member, it could send Disney's stock up 10% or more.

This might be the best deal that Disney has given out lately, it is much cheaper than Netflix, and might end up having a bigger catalog of videos from day one. I also think that they want to show the Industry a huge number of sign ups at the very beginning, along with Wall Street. If they get a huge number of initial member, it could send Disney's stock up 10% or more.

I agree that the service is quite the game changer. The $13 plan that includes Hulu and ESPN has me interested in signing up for that, and not only dropping Netflix, but also moving to only basic cable. That's a pretty big power play, even from a corporation like them.
I agree that they are trying to get their initial subscriber numbers way up. Their stock shot up when they announced the low price of Disney+, and high subscriber numbers would help support the enthusiasm behind that initial bump.

Just got the D23 Disney plus deal. Hoping they don't do a better deal on Black Friday or I will be BUMMED!!

Just got the D23 Disney plus deal. Hoping they don't do a better deal on Black Friday or I will be BUMMED!!
$4/month for the next 3 years, is probably the best deal there going to give. I'm guessing with this deal they will get well over 1 million subscribers, possibly 2 million. We already told 3 friends about it, who were very interested in it. So multiple that by most D23 members or Disney fanatics that follow everything Disney.

I went ahead and got it as well. If I find the $13 per month plan to be more to my liking, I am trusting that Disney will be happy to let me give them more money in order to get it.

Does anyone know if we can get this deal in Canada. I have tried searching and cant find it.

I
Does anyone know if we can get this deal in Canada. I have tried searching and cant find it.
I am not 100 percent sure on this but I listen to a podcast with a guy from Canada and he said because of the broadcasting rules ,he didnt think they would get it right away --
Good luck

I think I missed out. I signed up last evening and when I view my account info nothing shows up about the Disney+ deal.

I think I missed out. I signed up last evening and when I view my account info nothing shows up about the Disney+ deal.
I think you have till the end of today to sign up, but it did take a little while to show up in my account.

I just signed up for D23 this morning and it only took a couple of hours (or less) for the offer to show up in My Account. Hopefully, you've received yours too!

It's in the small print. " Valid for US residents with US payment method only. "

This offer ends today at midnight.
Just saw this
"On November 12, Disney is scheduled to roll out its Plus service to the US, Canada, and the Netherlands, adding Australia and New Zealand one week later and more countries later on. It costs $6.99 a month, or $69.99 a year, though Disney is offering a discount that brings the cost down to about $4 a month if you sign up for three years before September 2. "
I saw it Here - https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-guided-walkthrough-on-an-apple-tv-photos-2019-8

Hey Pidge - I signed up late last night like 11 pm and got a email with a code about 2 hours ago ….so 4 pm
offer is good threw tonight

Just saw this
"On November 12, Disney is scheduled to roll out its Plus service to the US, Canada, and the Netherlands, adding Australia and New Zealand one week later and more countries later on. It costs $6.99 a month, or $69.99 a year, though Disney is offering a discount that brings the cost down to about $4 a month if you sign up for three years before September 2. "
I saw it Here - https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-guided-walkthrough-on-an-apple-tv-photos-2019-8

I was only speaking to the discount offer, which is only available to US residence. My quote came directly from the D23 web site.

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

I just signed up today and got the discount code in about an hour. Didn’t realize it ends today so I’m so glad I saw this today.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal at all. I should have signed up for d23 years ago myself with how much I keep up on Disney anyway. I'm just pointing out that you are trading a 3 year commitment to a new product for 33% off. Most companies would take that deal any day. Our local six flags offered 60% off an annual pass for next year as long as you bought it before the end of this September.
This is smart by Disney because it will bring their initial subscriber numbers up.
The thing that really sets Disney+ apart is their initial low price, even without this deal. My wife and I were discussing dropping netflix and picking this up, and that's exactly what Disney wants. Especially if we commit in advance to doing that for 3 years straight.
From what I’ve gathered from deal discussions over the years, Six Flags has crazy good AP prices every fall. It can be even better when stacked with their all-year dining plans.

Personally, I’d expect D+ to be closer to $16/mo, $149/year in 3 years, so this has potential to be great like buying DVC for $50/point when they opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter