DVC Transfer Contract Template?

IMarriedMyEllie

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Hi All Knowing DisBoards Friends,

Is there a DVC transfer points contract template that you have used? Is it necessary in your experience?

Thanks for advice!

I never used one because technically you can’t transfer for funds. But, I did have an email exchange with the person that gave my terms..which was full payment upfront and then I would complete the transfer.

Now, they require three way calls so that may change how people do things.

I never used one because technically you can’t transfer for funds. But, I did have an email exchange with the person that gave my terms..which was full payment upfront and then I would complete the transfer.

Now, they require three way calls so that may change how people do things.
How would you handle a transfer of points for a confirmed reservation since the transfer of points is final?

How would you handle a transfer of points for a confirmed reservation since the transfer of points is final?

Points tied to a reservation can’t be transferred so if they are part of a confirmed reservation then that has to be canceled first in order for the points to move.

If you are asking how you can transfer points to someone as a way to pay them for a confirmed reservation they have…then it’s the same as always…

Once you transfer, you have to trust they don’t cancel that trip…you have no recourse. It’s one reason I require payment in full to do a transfer…but the other owners trusted it was safe to do it. If it did it again, it would probably accept 75% upfront since all parties need to call.

I personally would not do this type of trade….I’d want cash for my points..

Points tied to a reservation can’t be transferred so if they are part of a confirmed reservation then that has to be canceled first in order for the points to move.

If you are asking how you can transfer points to someone as a way to pay them for a confirmed reservation they have…then it’s the same as always…

Once you transfer, you have to trust they don’t cancel that trip…you have no recourse. It’s one reason I require payment in full to do a transfer…but the other owners trusted it was safe to do it. If it did it again, it would probably accept 75% upfront since all parties need to call.

I personally would not do this type of trade….I’d want cash for my points..
Yes to the latter, I would be transferring points for a confirmed reservation someone has.

Yes to the latter, I would be transferring points for a confirmed reservation someone has.

It would require both of you to have trust…the one thing you could do is transfer half the number of points before the trip, and half after…if the other owner found it fair.

It would require both of you to have trust…the one thing you could do is transfer half the number of points before the trip, and half after…if the other owner found it fair.
Would that mean the transfer would be from 2 different use years? Which is ok either way. I was under the assumption that you could only transfer once a use year.

Would that mean the transfer would be from 2 different use years? Which is ok either way. I was under the assumption that you could only transfer once a use year.

Yes, it would need to be that, I wasn’t thinking about the one transfer rule, so it probably would not work.

That is why I think it might be too complicated unless you feel you trust the person enough that it’s going to be fine.

Yes, it would need to be that, I wasn’t thinking about the one transfer rule, so it probably would not work.

That is why I think it might be too complicated unless you feel you trust the person enough that it’s going to be fine.
Understood, this gives me a lot to think about! Thank you!

Does anybody have a good rental contract? If I'm looking to rent, what is the safest closing procedure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter