DVC Sliders?

Thanks for all the replies. I’m feeling kind of lucky now, since we will be there as of Saturday and able to acquire both an AP magnet and a DVC slider. Unfortunately, we check out Wednesday and can’t hit Moonlight Magic, but you can’t win ‘em all, I guess.

I’m just going to design my own. I like the old style that’s not so in your face. Also, why not have enough for all the people who are named on the deed(s)? They’re stupid little rubber toys. They’re not diamonds. Why do they have to be so cheap about EVERYTHING.

New Disney Vacation Club MagicBand Sliders Available

One of the more popular Disney Vacation Clubgiveaway items has returned as owners can claim a new members-only MagicBand slider.

DVC Magic Band Slider 2023

For a period in 2014 and 2015, Disney Vacation Club owners received special "sliders" packaged with their MagicBands, helping to promote membership in the timeshare program. For years, the sliders remained popular among members as the supply was relegated to eBay and other secondary markets.

DVC Magic Band Slider 2023

Now Disney Vacation Club has released a new slider, available free to members when visiting Walt Disney World. The new slider is primarily turquoise with the Mickey Mouse ears DVC logo and white lettering which reads "Disney Vacation Club Member." It slips onto the strap of any MagicBand, showcasing the wearer's status as a DVC member.

The sliders can be obtained simply by stopping by one of the sales podiums at a Disney Vacation Club resort, like the one pictured below in the lobby of Disney's Old Key West Resort.

Old Key West DVC Booth

Members must provide a phone number or email address, plus a photo ID, in order to prove membership and receive the sliders.

The new giveaways launched just days ago and have already proven popular. There is no word on how long distribution will continue.

We got ours at AK yesterday, at the DVC booth just past Pizzafari on the way to the safari. Didn't need to show ID, but we were asked two skill-testing questions...home resort and salesperson's name (not sure if the questions differ, we had mentioned we just bought in December).

We got ours at AK yesterday, at the DVC booth just past Pizzafari on the way to the safari. Didn't need to show ID, but we were asked two skill-testing questions...home resort and salesperson's name (not sure if the questions differ, we had mentioned we just bought in December).
We bought 15 years ago, our guide then is gone and have no idea who our new guide is. We were told a name at one time, but never search him out to buy more points or anything.

We bought 15 years ago, our guide then is gone and have no idea who our new guide is. We were told a name at one time, but never search him out to buy more points or anything.
We bought in 23 years ago and my first guide left quickly thereafter and we got a new one. She retired and works in sales for the board sponsor. Don't know how many we've had since!

Anyway got my sliders at Disney Springs because the nice CM in the toy shop first reminded me that they give a 20% discount and then suggested I stop and get the sliders at the DVC kiosk as I was walking by it anyway. Otherwise, I'd be home and slider free.

You'd think that DVC would mail two to every member, to insure that they get widely used and non-DVC members will fall into FOMO and visit a kiosk. I don't see how distributing them at kiosks does anything to generate new sales among existing DVC members, and certainly is a time waster for those in the kiosks. But, maybe the point is to make the kiosks seem "busy"?

I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll still have these available when I go again in 2024. But, then again, I don't really think I *need* one, either.

Someone asked above, but I didn't see a reply yet... Anyone know if these are also for lowly "white card" resale owners? Or only for the Blues?

You'd think that DVC would mail two to every member, to insure that they get widely used...
Back in 2014 / 2015 they were dropped in the box with MagicBands. Now that not everyone buys magic bands, it's a unique challenge. As a non-flat item, there's a real cost associated with packaging and mailing them to members.

Besides, send it to someone's home and there's a greater chance of them never making it to the next Disney vacation. Pass them out at WDW and they go right on the band.

I don't see how distributing them at kiosks does anything to generate new sales among existing DVC members, and certainly is a time waster for those in the kiosks.
It's a conversation starter. And people at the kiosks are often not busy.

But, maybe the point is to make the kiosks seem "busy"?
Perhaps to some degree. In sales, looking busy tends to attract more attention. ("Hey, I wonder what's going on over there!")

But again, the kiosk CMs have time to spare.

Got mine yesterday at AK - had to tell them my guides name and they looked me up to confirm so this is probably a blue card perk. See that , the thousands of dollars you saved seems silly now that you don’t get the 2 10 cent sliders….

Got mine yesterday at AK - had to tell them my guides name and they looked me up to confirm so this is probably a blue card perk. See that , the thousands of dollars you saved seems silly now that you don’t get the 2 10 cent sliders….
They always ask you for your guide's name and your telephone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter