DVC ressie with no tickets

Add me to the January Bwv group, no tickets. 3 weeks, don’t have a clue what we’re doing, just trying to not lose points.

Add me to the January Bwv group, no tickets. 3 weeks, don’t have a clue what we’re doing, just trying to not lose points.
We arrive at the BWV on February 1st. With a March use year we are in a "use them or lose them" 2019 points situation.
Being in the UK I was able this morning to buy the 14 day tickets for our trip and successfully add them to my MDE.
No idea what to do next to reserve park days.
Any ideas?

ford family

We arrive at the BWV on February 1st. With a March use year we are in a "use them or lose them" 2019 points situation.
Being in the UK I was able this morning to buy the 14 day tickets for our trip and successfully add them to my MDE.
Any ideas?

ford family

similar, we are April UY which have to be used by March 31. We have 318 banked points to use. I’m clueless to what to do. After 30 years of Disney vacation training, I’m back to a whole new world of cluelessness

Similar boat as many of you. We booked for October with DVC and held off on tickets, especially with all the craziness we didn't know if the parks would be open... I have a pass but my husband and two friends don't. I am going to book tomorrow for myself (any guess what time reservations will open? probably the same as FP?)

One thought, perhaps Disney put ticket holders above reservations because they would not give ticket refunds when all this happened? It still feels stressful, but I can understand the move... I am hoping that since AP holders can only book 3 days at a time without a resort reservation and that Disney will only have as many resort rooms available as (less than) park reservations for all parks that there will be availability at at least one park for the rest of my group. It will be sad if we get split up some days, but these are crazy times.

Ill be honest though, when I bought DVC I thought it put me in a new category. Now I just feel like a time share sucker... This will be our first stay on points since my last two got cancelled... Oh well, if no one else gets tickets Im going solo!

Any ideas?

ford family
Here's the current consensus from discussions.
For 2021 stays who have DVC rooms and no tickets:
A. You may be able to get tickets (and part reservations)on the 24th. There has been mixed answers from the CM's about the ability to add "packages" being limited to cash rooms or including DVC reservations.
B. You should be good to add tickets on the 28th (and park reservations). This is when new bookings and adding tickets for 2021 goes live.
For 2020 stays who have DVC rooms and no tickets:
A. Try the above options, but the wording implies it is for 2021 stays only
B. Wait until "later this summer" when there is the possibility more tickets for this year will be sold.

Any ideas?

ford family
For tomorrow I assume that park reservations open at the same time as fast passes usually would, so be prepared on the park reservation page to start asap. You will need to know which days you want in which park and just do what it says. The link for reservations is here --> https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/experience-updates/park-reservations/ but this one has Canada in it cause I'm Canadian so you might need to look it up on the UK site. It also has instructions so you can read through it today. Good luck! Ill be up on there with you tomorrow hoping for the best!

Any ideas?

ford family
Link your ticked to your MDE account if you haven't already, and make sure your reservation is also linked.

Try reserving park days tomorrow (June 22). Log on to MDE in a web browser to do it. The option to reserve should show there.

If you are not successful, keep checking the DIS for posts with more Info. We have a Jan reservation and this is my plan. Good luck to us all!

(bolding is mine)

This is what gets me. Yes, maybe some people just procrastinated. But others were rightfully concerned about the complete lack of information from Disney and were waiting to see when the parks reopened before plunking down the cash for tickets - not everyone has unlimited time available for vacations. That was the case for my son's friends who now have been unceremoniously kicked to the back of the line for park reservations along with any random Joe that wakes up one day and decides he wants to go to Disney once 2020 ticket sales reopen.

I expected better from DVC. I've defended them for the last three months through all of this chaos. I won't ever do that again.

I’m the same boat. I figured why renew when we didn’t know what was going on and then with all the different info out there I didn’t even realize tickets were open closed whatever. I can’t read boards and websites every other hour. I have been now cause I hope I don’t get burnt for January.

Has anyone asked yet if only some of the booked guests have tickets, 3 of 6 are valid AP holders if the AP folks can book Monday...with a party of 3 ? And then down the line work out the logistics of the. 3 without tix...

I wish they would give the option of purchasing the remaining tix for. 2020 reservation if at least N people in the room have tix
The website states "All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile. Note: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused, and sales will resume at a later date. " So if some in your party do not have tickets, it appears you will have to wait to book your park until everyone has tickets. This is going downhill quick...

Similar boat as many of you. We booked for October with DVC and held off on tickets, especially with all the craziness we didn't know if the parks would be open... I have a pass but my husband and two friends don't. I am going to book tomorrow for myself (any guess what time reservations will open? probably the same as FP?)

One thought, perhaps Disney put ticket holders above reservations because they would not give ticket refunds when all this happened? It still feels stressful, but I can understand the move... I am hoping that since AP holders can only book 3 days at a time without a resort reservation and that Disney will only have as many resort rooms available as (less than) park reservations for all parks that there will be availability at at least one park for the rest of my group. It will be sad if we get split up some days, but these are crazy times.

Ill be honest though, when I bought DVC I thought it put me in a new category. Now I just feel like a time share sucker... This will be our first stay on points since my last two got cancelled... Oh well, if no one else gets tickets Im going solo!

Right there with you!

My son and his friends have decided that if the ones without tickets can't get park reservations whenever Disney finally gets around to letting them try, they will go to Universal, Seaworld, or whatever other fun thing they find in Orlando. My son is the only one that actually has tickets, so he'll go ahead and make reservations for himself on Monday but will cancel any days his friends can't get in. His original plan was to convert his 7 day ticket into a DVC Gold AP when he got there as he plans on joining my husband and I for 2 or 3 days on our WDW trip later in the year. However, as Disney has now extended the expiration date of his ticket, he'll just use any leftover days from his 7 day ticket and won't need to upgrade to the AP.

So basically instead of giving Disney money to upgrade his AP, he will give it to Universal, Seaworld, etc. :goodvibes

Last edited:
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
is that june 28th new wording cause that doesn't sound like u can buy tickets again? just says if u have tickets.

as of this morning my expiring tickets have disappeared cause of the refund i think? i have no refund on my credit card. nothing pending even so. . . i really don't know.

The website states "All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile. Note: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused, and sales will resume at a later date. " So if some in your party do not have tickets, it appears you will have to wait to book your park until everyone has tickets. This is going downhill quick...

Or book the ones that do and hope when they have tickets you can get them in.

• Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
is that june 28th new wording cause that doesn't sound like u can buy tickets again? just says if u have tickets.

as of this morning my expiring tickets have disappeared cause of the refund i think? i have no refund on my credit card. nothing pending even so. . . i really don't know.

It says that new guests can call Disney to start reserving for 2021..farther down in the announcement.

If someone has a reservation, like DVC, you can get tickets on the 24th.

2020 tickets are the ones not being offered yet...those will be later in summer but many are hoping by mid to late July.

Or book the ones that do and hope when they have tickets you can get them in.
Ya, thats what I was thinking. Although its odd over on the other Reservation System thread DVC owners with reservations and no tickets are getting emails that state "Since you have tickets you can register June 22nd...". Which makes me kind of think, maybe DVC owners have an exception and can get a park reservation without tickets and they can figure out their tickets later when sales start again. I have two in my group without tickets not DVC owners and us two DVC owners with APs with a Dec trip. I got the email, the two without tickets didnt.

Ya, thats what I was thinking. Although its odd over on the other Reservation System thread DVC owners with reservations and no tickets are getting emails that state "Since you have tickets you can register June 22th...". Which makes me kind of think, maybe DVC owners have an exception and can get a park reservation without tickets and they can figure out their tickets later when sales start again. I have two in my group without tickets not DVC owners and us two DVC owners with APs with a Dec trip. I got the email, the two without tickets didnt.

Strike another one for Disney IT...they sent standard emails which is confusing.

From all that has been shared with me from people who did the training, if someone does not have tickets the day won’t reserve...and you then have to go back and uncheck them.

I have 3 out of our 6 confirmed going. 5 of 6 have tickets. I am only booking the 3 right now and told the others that if they wait, they couod be out of luck,

Now, I have a few extra tickets in my account right now, so I can use for the one without until we buy her one, assuming sales open before the trip.

It says that new guests can call Disney to start reserving for 2021..farther down in the announcement.

If someone has a reservation, like DVC, you can get tickets on the 24th.

2020 tickets are the ones not being offered yet...those will be later in summer but many are hoping by mid to late July.

so in your opinion who do you call o the 24th for dvc tickets? dvc or vip tickets? what is the actually opening time for ticket sales/ vip Passholders line? cause who knows if dvc will even be able to.

so in your opinion who do you call o the 24th for dvc tickets? dvc or vip tickets? what is the actually opening time for ticket sales/ vip Passholders line? cause who knows if dvc will even be able to.

I would first call the Disney ticket number because AFAIK, DVC can do anything for buying tickets, other than DVC APs.

I do not know for sure, but most Disney lines open around 7 am EST

You sound kind of like the same story as me. I also have a BWV res in January on rented points and don't have tickets yet. I haven't received any kind of email though. I thought we could buy and reserve on the 24th but I'm really not sure.

I was able to get through on a chat on the site. At first, I was told that there are no new tickets being sold, just packages. I nicely asked if she was certain (quoted "By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets."), so she checked and verified that those in our situation (2021 DVC reservations on points) could buy tickets and reserve parks on the 28th.... I'm still probably going to call on the 24th though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter