DVC ressie with no tickets

while I was at Target yesterday, they had 3 and 4 day park tickets for DisneyWorld in the form of a gift card - I read the back and it said to take that "gift card" to a park to activate them.

If I buy them (for my cousin for our Feb. 2021 trip) can I link them to MDE??

I was waiting for all my Disney refunds to come in before buying new APs. They owe me for 4 partial gold passes and 1 renewal certificate refund. i just got my cruise refund a couple of days ago, bad timing on my part.

In same boat, Dec 2020 reservation w/o tickets. Just chatted with a DVC rep on DVC site. Basically was told that I can't purchase tickets until Disney opens up sales again even though I have a DVC reservation. What a disappointment!

They have to believe that the demand isnt going to be there for the parks and not fill up, even at lower capacity because otherwise, why else would it be so difficult to allow people with 2020 DVC reservations to buy tickets this weekend to have an opportunity to get park reservations? Its not like they’d have to expand park capacity just to accommodate the extra tickets sold. They’d be letting in the same amount of people. And I find it less likely that people with cash resort stays and tickets would throw their hands up and call foul on DVC members being able to buy tickets this weekend and cut to the front of the line on monday, especially when those cash resort stays are being upgraded for free to stay at a DVC resort

In same boat, Dec 2020 reservation w/o tickets. Just chatted with a DVC rep on DVC site. Basically was told that I can't purchase tickets until Disney opens up sales again even though I have a DVC reservation. What a disappointment!
I am echoing what you said. I actually got through to member services this morning and they told me that I am out of luck with my DVC room reservation (no tickets) and will have to wait until ticket sales resume. I also received the “be among the first” email yesterday, and it appears that was a glitch, since you for sure need both a room reservation AND linked tickets.

They have to believe that the demand isnt going to be there for the parks and not fill up, even at lower capacity because otherwise, why else would it be so difficult to allow people with 2020 DVC reservations to buy tickets this weekend to have an opportunity to get park reservations? Its not like they’d have to expand park capacity just to accommodate the extra tickets sold. They’d be letting in the same amount of people. And I find it less likely that people with cash resort stays and tickets would throw their hands up and call foul on DVC members being able to buy tickets this weekend and cut to the front of the line on monday, especially when those cash resort stays are being upgraded for free to stay at a DVC resort

I have a theory and it's tied to your last sentence. I don't know the actual number of hotel rooms at Disney and I don't care enough to research it. But I've seen numbers thrown around that say DVC villas and FW cabins are in the 5K range. That's supposedly all that will be open on 7/11 (we assume). The remaining number of rooms in the resorts that won't open initially has been rumored to be around 30K or so. Even if those numbers are off, it's pretty clear that Disney desperately needs DVC rooms to open up. Yes, I know many people have already cancelled and a large % of those 30K rooms aren't booked, but I have a hard time believing that only 15% or so are booked. That's what it would take to have enough DVC/FW rooms to move them to - and that assumes almost all of the DVC/FW rooms are not currently booked.

If people with DVC reservations can't get into the parks, there's a high possibility that many will cancel - freeing up more rooms to move people from the closed resorts.

Last edited:
I have a Feb UY and about 70 points banked from 2019. I have a Christmas and a January trip booked to use the 70 points on one or the other, planning to cancel one, but no tickets. I have to bank the rest of the points by September, so I need answers, Disney.

I can't even believe that these trips might be able to have no park access. Why wouldn't Disney prioritize onsite guests, like Universal? Disney must really think they won't have capacity for the hotel guests.

I got the email about being able to reserve a park date starting Monday June 22. We have a trip planned in October, already booked the DVC room and have an AP. We have family embers going with us who do not have tickets yet but they are on our room reservation. When I read about this booking window opening tomorrow the web page states that the booking dates will be through Sept 26th. So that doesn't work for us correct? My other question is what do our family members do because all of the info coming out is about people who already have tickets so since they don't have tickets we just have to wait and see if there is availability for our week for them to join? We are staying in the cabins because we have family going with us, if they can't come it will be a waste of points for only 2 people. Am I missing something here?

So I'm really sorry but I'm so confused. We bought someone else's points for their DVC in January so we weren't planning to do a package. We were planning to get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. So I am not sure what we need to do. Can we buy the tickets now and add them to our reservation or do we have to wait till the 24th? But if we do will we have to do it as a package now? Ugh so confusing.

So I'm really sorry but I'm so confused. We bought someone else's points for their DVC in January so we weren't planning to do a package. We were planning to get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. So I am not sure what we need to do. Can we buy the tickets now and add them to our reservation or do we have to wait till the 24th? But if we do will we have to do it as a package now? Ugh so confusing.

My understanding is you will need to buy tickets on the 28th for 2021 trips and since you already have a DVC reservation once you buy those tickets you should be able to use the park pass system.

while I was at Target yesterday, they had 3 and 4 day park tickets for DisneyWorld in the form of a gift card - I read the back and it said to take that "gift card" to a park to activate them.

If I buy them (for my cousin for our Feb. 2021 trip) can I link them to MDE??

yes you can but also - where in the US are you located?? I didn’t know target sold Disney tix?!
Jealous.

is your dvc trip booked for 2021 or 2020?

yes you can but also - where in the US are you located?? I didn’t know target sold Disney tix?!
Jealous.

I'm in Cary, NC (near Raleigh, NC) - and it's one of the bigger Targets - and I know Target online you can buy tickets for DisneyLAND but not the World and I've seen them before but never really paid attention...UNTIL NOW!!

and not every Target sells them - the smaller ones only sell gift cards not tickets in a gift card version...

My understanding is you will need to buy tickets on the 28th for 2021 trips and since you already have a DVC reservation once you buy those tickets you should be able to use the park pass system.
This is one of the reasons I'm confused. This is what it says on the Disney site. If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

I respectfully disagree with your overall sentiment. Specifically to your bolded statement - The cash guests who are caught off guard are being offered an opportunity to upgrade their stay to a theme park package. BEFORE we are being given an opportunity to buy tickets.

This is from the Disney website:
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

Additionally I don't believe this has anything to do with not understanding what a time share is. I definitely know that DVC is a timeshare. But I bought a timeshare where I can stay on Disney Property and have it be considered a resort reservation for all intents and purposes. I receive the same access to things the Magical Express, and buy park tickets or an AP.

I have a reservation on site. I am staying there for over a week, on Disney property. I don't think DVC resorts on Disney property are the same as staying in a timeshare condo in Ocean City, MD. I wouldn't expect any concession on getting a ticket to Disney World any early than anyone else.

I dont want to be in front of AP holders, I don't want to be in front of people with tickets, I want to be in front of No Resort Reservation, No Ticket at all people.

Again - I'm on site. But because of how this is rolling out - Even though I'm staying in a Disney resort that is a boat ride away from magic kingdom, I will have as much of a chance to purchase a ticket and get a park reservation as I would if I were staying at a time share condo in Ocean City, MD - and does that sound right?

Allowing 2021 reservations to get tickets before us is salt in the wound. Allowing people with existing reservations to upgrade to a ticket package - and STILL we can't buy tickets yet - that's garbage.

And like i posted before - even though i know you can't anymore - i wouldnt touch a DVC Gold pass right now with a ten foot pole. Right now it is the most expensive base ticket (no hopping) that could potentially only get us into the park one day out of our entire stay. if that.

I'm on board with the masks. I'm on board with the other restrictions. But you aren't even giving us a chance to try. We are staying during Thanksgiving - by the time we are allowed to buy tickets - there is NO WAY there will be availability in the parks.

I agree.

I’ve always considered the purchase of DVC to be the same as the purchase of a new car. A depreciating asset. If a financial emergency came up hopefully I could sell and recoup some money but i was fully prepared to lose it all.

My issue is this. While I’m sure people purchase DVC for many reasons I think the vast majority of people purchase any timeshare because of the recreational opportunities. Whether it’s a beautiful beach or hiking or skiing in the mountains.

Disney are you listening!!!

I’m a long time telecom employee for a major landline company that has a similar named wireless company ( you know the one) so I know that companies that the average person might think are the same really aren’t. But at some point the buck stops with the CEO. I’m no financial expert but there is no publicly traded DVC stock. Just Disney (DIS)

I have an existing AP that expires in September & an existing May 2021 DVC reservation and to be told by DVC that hopefully it works out is garbage.

This is a huge upset to Disney’s business model and the smart thing to do would have been to roll out these new policies in 3 month increments. They should never have attempted to work out 2021 policies before the parks are even open.

If you’re curious, just do an internet search for the rankings of top companies handling the pandemic. Plenty of those companies are losing money at this time but they’re making smart decisions. Which will put them in a better position to recoup.

I’ll shut up now.

This is one of the reasons I'm confused. This is what it says on the Disney site. If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

Disney site doesn't cover anything with DVC and no packages are done for DVC. For this you'll still be buying your ticket separately and the question I think is just from where. Has UCT said they'll be restarting ticket sales?

Disney site doesn't cover anything with DVC and no packages are done for DVC. For this you'll still be buying your ticket separately and the question I think is just from where. Has UCT said they'll be restarting ticket sales?

also WHEN.

Because it would not be just DVC...it would be cash guesrs for 2020 who don’t have tickets too.

And, they absolutely wouod be calling it an issue., AP holders are already doing it that they are not in the first phase,

Can yoy imagine if they decided to let DVC owners jump the line by purchasing tickets when sales are shut down?

When Disney announced, they made it clear that anyone with an existing ticket would get first crack before any o5er tickets were sold and by shutting down sales immedicatley. They have upset a lot of people.

It does

We checked and on the UCT site said it doesn't have tickets for sale right now. I'm so confused because watching the Dis Unplugged and it gives the impression that only DVC will be able to book right now.

No, not yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter