DVC Renters...are you going to cancel?

I have spoken with the person that I rented from about a month ago. They will move our trip out if needed. We really want to go in Oct/Nov so we would have to wait a while to rebook.
Booking for Oct/Nov 2020 is going to be extremely difficult since that is prime DVC time. Unless Disney cancels F&W Festival, you might not have any choices to go in Oct/Nov. If your owner can book your dates now, it would be better now than waiting until it wasn't available.

Booking for Oct/Nov 2020 is going to be extremely difficult since that is prime DVC time. Unless Disney cancels F&W Festival, you might not have any choices to go in Oct/Nov. If your owner can book your dates now, it would be better now than waiting until it wasn't available.

We are already booked for 10/28/20. If we have to rebook I would like to go in Oct/Nov 2021. Although we could go the last week of March 2021, but I bet availability is slim now for that time.

We have 3 trips on the books and I intend on keeping all 3: Aug 26-30th with just DH and I, then Dec. 9-15th as the rescheduled Happy HS Graduation for youngest DS, and then FEb. 7-12th to take my cousin for her First Trip!

Bring it on!

and I figure that the Aug trip is a "test run" of what the December trip might be like - with 60 day bookings for ADRs, perhaps no park hopping or FP+...

We are still on the fence for our early November trip. We rented points from an owner directly so there will not be an option for a refund, but I imagine our owner would be willing to rebook our trip for a later date. My plan is to contact him to find out when the points expire and how much time we might have to work with, but before I do that we are trying to decide what we really want. I'm thinking we probably would just want to rebook for the same week in November 2021 if the points don't expire before then. I want to wait and see how things play out in July and August first, but I know he will need some advance notice. My 2 biggest concerns are the masks (mainly for my 2 year old...the rest of us would get by) and the shortened park hours. We go back to the room for naps every day and now with some parks closing as early as 6 (and assuming no park hopping), I just don't think we would get our money's worth for the trip. Also super disappointed about the potential lack of MVMCP - that is the highlight of the trip for the kids. We have airfare already, but had not yet purchased our park tickets so I don't even know what's going to happen as far as park reservations. So many unknowns at this point - it's sad, but I'm no longer excited about the trip. I would have never committed to such an expensive, non-refundable room type for this type of experience. I know a lot can change between now and November, but I almost don't want to get my hopes up!

We have 3 trips on the books and I intend on keeping all 3: Aug 26-30th with just DH and I, then Dec. 9-15th as the rescheduled Happy HS Graduation for youngest DS, and then FEb. 7-12th to take my cousin for her First Trip!

Bring it on!

and I figure that the Aug trip is a "test run" of what the December trip might be like - with 60 day bookings for ADRs, perhaps no park hopping or FP+...

Sending pixie dust! I hope you share your experiences with us fellow Dis'ers

We are still on the fence for our early November trip. We rented points from an owner directly so there will not be an option for a refund, but I imagine our owner would be willing to rebook our trip for a later date. My plan is to contact him to find out when the points expire and how much time we might have to work with, but before I do that we are trying to decide what we really want. I'm thinking we probably would just want to rebook for the same week in November 2021 if the points don't expire before then. I want to wait and see how things play out in July and August first, but I know he will need some advance notice. My 2 biggest concerns are the masks (mainly for my 2 year old...the rest of us would get by) and the shortened park hours. We go back to the room for naps every day and now with some parks closing as early as 6 (and assuming no park hopping), I just don't think we would get our money's worth for the trip. Also super disappointed about the potential lack of MVMCP - that is the highlight of the trip for the kids. We have airfare already, but had not yet purchased our park tickets so I don't even know what's going to happen as far as park reservations. So many unknowns at this point - it's sad, but I'm no longer excited about the trip. I would have never committed to such an expensive, non-refundable room type for this type of experience. I know a lot can change between now and November, but I almost don't want to get my hopes up!

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm waiting to see what happens in July/Aug. I'm optimistic though because I'm hoping everything will just get better. I completely understand from a financial perspective. We are a family of 5 and have already paid for the room, tickets, and party tickets :). We are hoping for a magical experience!

I would watch July-August closely to see how things go, before deciding if I am "all in"

It's not our first trip either, but it is our first party. The only place that is a must-do restaurant is Ohana. Hoping we can get in at some point.
You may try getting the Twilight Feast. It is only available to POLY resort guests and the reviews are very positive. The reviews say one feast can easily feed two adults. There will be three of us and so I will get two (or just extra bread pudding). I think they start serving it @ 5pm

You may try getting the Twilight Feast. It is only available to POLY resort guests and the reviews are very positive. The reviews say one feast can easily feed two adults. There will be three of us and so I will get two (or just extra bread pudding). I think they start serving it @ 5pm

That's good to know. We are staying at the Poly so we may take advantage of this more than once!

We are going! The mask thing is really annoying to me, I have anxiety issues so it gives me pause but there really isn’t another time that we can go. I keep hoping that maybe by mid November the mask might be a little more relaxed! Hoping the Christmas party is still a go!!

We are going! The mask thing is really annoying to me, I have anxiety issues so it gives me pause but there really isn’t another time that we can go. I keep hoping that maybe by mid November the mask might be a little more relaxed! Hoping the Christmas party is still a go!!

Do certain fragrances relax you? If so, you might get some essential oils, like lavender or orange or what you like, and put a little bit on the inside of the mask. I have done that, and it makes wearing one sort of pleasant.

Points may have expired. They only have a one year lifespan, unless banked. Ultimately it depends on the use year. So contact him ASAP and find out.

Definitely contact your owner, but the points used would not be eligible for a November 2021 stay , unless they are considered current UY points, and an owner is willing to bank them for you.

Just want you to have that info to help understand what would need to happen. But, also understan that many owners, if resorts are open, are not changing reservations. Be prepared doe that too.

Well, we are going because we're stuck. We have a 2 BR on rented points through a broker at AKL Kidani for late September/early October. Bad thing is, I don't have tickets. I've spent 2 years saving for this trip and my husband and daughter waiting to go when GE was finally opened. Now we have this awesome resort and may not be able to even get into the park. The only thing I did was buy three MNSSHP tickets for my girls. At least that's something.

My husband and I rented points through David’s for a November stay to attend the food and wine festival. I don’t even know if they are having it this year. But we are both in agreement that we are willing to postpone it until next year for hopefully a more enjoyable experience. I have reached out to David’s to see if we could cancel/postpone our trip and they said that they were only dealing with current reservations right now. Has anyone had any success in canceling or postponing their rental through David’s? My husband is in a high-risk category and we think it might be best to wait until there’s a vaccine.

My husband and I rented points through David’s for a November stay to attend the food and wine festival. I don’t even know if they are having it this year. But we are both in agreement that we are willing to postpone it until next year for hopefully a more enjoyable experience. I have reached out to David’s to see if we could cancel/postpone our trip and they said that they were only dealing with current reservations right now. Has anyone had any success in canceling or postponing their rental through David’s? My husband is in a high-risk category and we think it might be best to wait until there’s a vaccine.

Honestly, with resorts open, I would not expect it to happen. A few people over on the DVC boards have reached out to him for summer trips and he said that if the owner was willing, then might try and list to rent it out,

But, many owners will hold firm as points have expirations and things, Never hurts to ask, but the chances are not great.

Points may have expired. They only have a one year lifespan, unless banked. Ultimately it depends on the use year. So contact him ASAP and find out.
Definitely contact your owner, but the points used would not be eligible for a November 2021 stay , unless they are considered current UY points, and an owner is willing to bank them for you.

Just want you to have that info to help understand what would need to happen. But, also understan that many owners, if resorts are open, are not changing reservations. Be prepared doe that too.

Thanks for the advice. I reached out and I can rebook through next summer if needed. I think I need to use my travel funds for my flights before the end of May anyway, if I end up cancelling them. It stinks because it looks like any of the dates that would work for us are also during higher priced travel periods, but I feel better at least knowing we have options (and of course we'll be at the mercy of room availability now also.) For now I'm going to sit tight and watch what happens over the next 2 months.

We have a BWV September reservation. We booked thru an agency so we can’t get a refund. We plan on going and enjoying local restaurants that hopefully wine be participating in Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, doing some park time, whatever is available, maybe some golf and pool time.

We rented DVC points through 3rd party vendor for a mid-Sept, 9 day trip BWV/AKV split stay. Planned on buying trip insurance just when Covid became a thing here (US) and it greatly affected trip insurance rates. So, ya... Our $2600 would be non-refundable. Our traveling group consists of myself +3 of my young adult kids. None of us has any risk factors for severe case. We are definitely planning on going. This is like my 16th trip to Disney Parks (not sure, lost track) so the reduction in experiences (parades, etc) is not a huge deal for us. Masks will be hot and uncomfortable but if they are required we will, of course, comply. I stand by this mantra:. "A bad day in WDW beats a good day anywhere else.". So we will make the best of it and at the very least, the trip WILL be a memorable one!

Last edited:
I rented two rooms for November for a big family trip but now my parents and sister’s family do not want to go.

I am now trying to use the points from their AKL 2bedroom for a September trip for me and my husband although it is so many points that it’s hard to book something that would use them all up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter