DVC kitchen equipment

Amanda Moore

CBR, WL, AKL, POR, BC, AOA, VB, VGF, YC, PC
I am staying in a grand villa (Kidani) for a week and plan to cook breakfast and dinner in the room. Can anyone please elaborate on what cooking equipment is in the room besides the standard toaster, coffee pot, pots and pans, and serving ware? I am cooking for 12 people and am concerned that things may go slowly with a single frying pan. I am considering bringing a large electric skillet (for bacon, eggs, tacos and burgers) and bundt pans (for breakfast monkey bread) for example as I feel that those are probably not included in the room. I am even considering bringing my Mickey waffle iron from ShopDisney; it makes 6 at a time! Please let me know your thoughts and any tips if you have experience cooking in the DVC full kitchens.

I am staying in a grand villa (Kidani) for a week and plan to cook breakfast and dinner in the room. Can anyone please elaborate on what cooking equipment is in the room besides the standard toaster, coffee pot, pots and pans, and serving ware? I am cooking for 12 people and am concerned that things may go slowly with a single frying pan. I am considering bringing a large electric skillet (for bacon, eggs, tacos and burgers) and bundt pans (for breakfast monkey bread) for example as I feel that those are probably not included in the room. I am even considering bringing my Mickey waffle iron from ShopDisney; it makes 6 at a time! Please let me know your thoughts and any tips if you have experience cooking in the DVC full kitchens.
At BWV, we had skillets in large, medium and small (sorry, I didn't measure diameters), 3 or 4 sauce pans with lids (one was about a 4-cup size). No kettle. A couple of glass casserole dishes, one oblong, one round. A cutting board and some rather dull knives. A bottle opener. A hand-operated can opener. A spaghetti strainer. One cookie sheet which was not full-size. There was an assortment of metal spatulas and a slotted spoon. No rubber spatula.

Serveware was pretty limited. A couple of larger bowls (bigger than a cereal bowl but smaller than a pasta serving bowl). I don't remember seeing any good size serving spoons. And I think there was a small platter.

You're definitely going to want to bring your own bundt pan. I don't think they get that specialized with their kitchen supplies. It's really just the bare minimum.

At BWV, we had skillets in large, medium and small (sorry, I didn't measure diameters), 3 or 4 sauce pans with lids (one was about a 4-cup size). No kettle. A couple of glass casserole dishes, one oblong, one round. A cutting board and some rather dull knives. A bottle opener. A hand-operated can opener. A spaghetti strainer. One cookie sheet which was not full-size. There was an assortment of metal spatulas and a slotted spoon. No rubber spatula.

Serveware was pretty limited. A couple of larger bowls (bigger than a cereal bowl but smaller than a pasta serving bowl). I don't remember seeing any good size serving spoons. And I think there was a small platter.

You're definitely going to want to bring your own bundt pan. I don't think they get that specialized with their kitchen supplies. It's really just the bare minimum.
This was very helpful! Thank you!

I am in a 1 bedroom at BWV at moment. There is a welcome home notice taped inside a kitchen cabinet. You can request a blender, an electric mixer, a tea kettle. Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay!

If you are driving, I would consider bringing your own knives. I ended up buying a knife roll and brought my extra chefs knife, paring knife, kitchen shears, rubber spatula for scraping, rubber spatula for cooking. Their spatulas degraded easily. You could always request some extra I’m sure for cookware and servingware.

I pack a whole bunch of kitchen stuff (Bundt Pan included), as I am cooking for 8. Since we usually get a grand villa, I have room to spread out and over the years, we have figured out that it takes less time to cook in the room than it does wrangling our group and doing the restaurants.

That being said, I second the previous poster in that, rubber spatulas and knives are my most critical items needed while cooking. Disney falls down on the kitchen basics from my viewpoint, but I don’t think we are your everyday vacationers.

Kitchen
Beverage Glasses 8
Broiler Pan
Cereal Bowls 8
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 8
Colander
Cookie Sheet
Cookware Set 11 piece
Covered 2 Quart Casserole
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Cutting Board
Dinner Plates 8
Dish Drainer
Dish Towel
Dish Detergent
Dishwashing Soap
Grater
Ice Bucket
Juice Glasses 8
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl – 3 piece set
Oblong 3 Quart Dish
Pitcher
Platter
Pot Holders 2
Recycle Basket
Salad Bowl
Salad Plates 8
Storate Containers 3
Tea Kettle
Toaster
Vegetable Bowl
Wastebasket
Wine Glasses 8
Kitchen Drawers
Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk
Bedroom Closet
Blankets 2
Graco Pack n Play with Sheet
Hangers Regular 10
Hangers Skirt 4
Iron and Ironing Board
Laundry Basket
Pillows 2
Vacuum Cleaner
Laundry Area
Broom
Dust Pan
Laundry Soap
Mop
Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability
Bed Rails
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Electric Mixer
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Salt and Pepper
Tea
Voltage Converter
Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo,
Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.​

Kitchen
Beverage Glasses 8
Broiler Pan
Cereal Bowls 8
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 8
Colander
Cookie Sheet
Cookware Set 11 piece
Covered 2 Quart Casserole
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Cutting Board
Dinner Plates 8
Dish Drainer
Dish Towel
Dish Detergent
Dishwashing Soap
Grater
Ice Bucket
Juice Glasses 8
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl – 3 piece set
Oblong 3 Quart Dish
Pitcher
Platter
Pot Holders 2
Recycle Basket
Salad Bowl
Salad Plates 8
Storate Containers 3
Tea Kettle
Toaster
Vegetable Bowl
Wastebasket
Wine Glasses 8
Kitchen Drawers
Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk
Bedroom Closet
Blankets 2
Graco Pack n Play with Sheet
Hangers Regular 10
Hangers Skirt 4
Iron and Ironing Board
Laundry Basket
Pillows 2
Vacuum Cleaner
Laundry Area
Broom
Dust Pan
Laundry Soap
Mop
Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability
Bed Rails
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Electric Mixer
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Salt and Pepper
Tea
Voltage Converter
Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo,
Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.​

I had no idea you could request salt and pepper !!!

Last trip for a few days, DD had a two bedroom and we had a one bedroom. Same resort. But discovered kitchens were stocked with different items. I had done most of the cooking in their villa. Few days later I go to look for the large serving bowl in our villa and discovered we didn't have one. Since the food was ready, I wasn't going to wait for housekeeping to show up with one. But next time we have a larger room, I'd go over that list and see if we feel we'll need something that is missing before cooking begins.

I bring my electric flat top to make pancakes in the morning. Another skillet because they are hit or miss depending on the resort. Definitely a soft spatula that’s not slotted for making and flipping eggs. They only give a large slotted one most of the time.

I forgot to add in my earlier post, that instead of doing bacon for 12 in a skillet, I would recommend cooking it in the oven. I start my oven bacon first, then do all of my other breakfast items on the stove top and timing-wise, it works out best.

On our one bedroom villa stay, we noticed that knives were missing in our kitchen. Everything else was pretty well stocked for the amount of people.

On our one bedroom villa stay, we noticed that knives were missing in our kitchen. Everything else was pretty well stocked for the amount of people.
I have run into this problem at a few resorts and now travel with my own knives. Even if you can find a knife in the villa, they’re really poor quality and can barely hack through anything.

I have run into this problem at a few resorts and now travel with my own knives. Even if you can find a knife in the villa, they’re really poor quality and can barely hack through anything.
It's a Catch-22: if they provision villas with better quality utensils, then those items have a bad habit of leaving with guests. If they provision with lower quality utensils, then some of those items may need to arrive WITH guests. I think they try their best to find a balance across the board (with quality knives being a tough one) between keeping the villas stocked with items that are at least serviceable, without spending a fortune replacing things that people have boosted because they're nicer than the ones they have at home.

I wondered if it had to do with more of a kid/safety issue? When my kids were younger, we always had to safety proof any place we rented. :P

I wondered if it had to do with more of a kid/safety issue? When my kids were younger, we always had to safety proof any place we rented. :P
I guess it could be, but as someone who has stayed in many timeshare resorts, not just DVC, over the last 30 years, I can tell you that poor quality knives is a chronic issue in timeshare kitchens. Many folks travel with their own knives as well as their own frying pans and other equipment, just so they'll be able to cook in the timeshare kitchen!

If you are driving, I would consider bringing your own knives. I ended up buying a knife roll and brought my extra chefs knife, paring knife, kitchen shears, rubber spatula for scraping, rubber spatula for cooking. Their spatulas degraded easily. You could always request some extra I’m sure for cookware and servingware.
you could have called house keeping and requested. last week, there were no pots or pans, so I called and it was a oops. they brought me a entire set of brand new pots and pans, a cookie sheet, and knives.

I try not to cook and still have a kitchen knife in my owners locker, because the knives are so bad.

i love the idea of a Mickey waffle maker in a grand villa. Your family will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter