DVC Discounts for Non-Members in the Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKL

Earning My Ears
So my parents are the owners of our DVC membership for over 15 years now. Sadly they do not go to the parks and my sister and I have been the only ones to use our membership as beneficiaries on the account.

I have been looking into both my sister and I being added onto the deed and realized that the process would take longer than expected.

I have a trip to WDW with my significant other end of March of this year and am wondering if when using the DVC discounts if ID will need to be provided. I do go to Disneyland often and am able to use the discount if I am mobile ordering since they do not check. and I have only ever had a card with my parents' name on it since they own the membership. I also want to note that both my sister and I are adults. When I recently added the membership card to My Disney Experience App, I was able to add it but of course it says my name and under the Affiliation it says "DVC Y".

Being added to the deed so things like this aren't so confusing and we can fully take advantage of the perks of the DVC membership will definitely need to be done, however I do not think I can get this done by the time my trip comes. Thank goodness I have found a few posts on here that have been helpful with figuring out how to add adult children to the membership.

I just wanted to see anyone's experience lately of using their new digital membership card and what the process has been like in terms of getting the discounts.

Your responses are much appreciated!

Only those on the deed are eligible for DVC discounts and the rules state that you must show your MM from your Apple Wallet or Google Pay and show ID with it as well. So, for you and your sister to get the discounts, you must become owners.

We do not allow discussion of ways around Disney rules so I am going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter