DVC Annual Pass

And there were some that did not get rejected.
Initially, yes..but once they figured it out and closed the loophole, they were turned away.

And, I have read thst there are people who did get it and went to renew in 2022 and because you had to call MS and they verified you before sending to ticketingl they were not allowed to renew.

The point was that once they finally decided to apply the rules, those not eligible stopped being able to sneak through.

I admit it took them a few months.

Initially, yes..but once they figured it out and closed the loophole, they were turned away.

And, I have read thst there are people who did get it and went to renew in 2022 and because you had to call MS and they verified you before sending to ticketingl they were not allowed to renew.

The point was that once they finally decided to apply the rules, those not eligible stopped being able to sneak through.

I admit it took them a few months.
Yes, I do recall them not being able to renew, but a few white cards did indeed get a years use out of a Sorcerer.

After finally being able to buy AP’s Thursday, I’m so glad we bought DVC direct last year. I weighed all the pros and cons of Direct vs. Resale and I just knew if I didn’t have all the “perks” of direct, it would be something I’d regret. The only real pro I saw with resale was saving a little money up front, but now I know we made the right choice. Plus we eat out every meal at WDW so the dining savings at restaurants adds up to quite a bit of savings for us. Not to say we won’t buy resale later on and add more points, but I’m sure happy to be DVC-Y !

I’m in
Correct. When I renewed and had a conversation with the CM, she told me that the system will now show eligibility when the membership number is entered.

So, you do show your card, but it sounded like the system is set to catch it. And, you can only renew the pass on the phone with MS or in person…and MS definitely confirms before sending to ticketing.

But, there were reports in late 2021/ early 2022 when those not eligible were allowed to purchase them but then when they went to activate, they could not because they didn’t have what was needed to prove they were eligible.

They were refunded or given the chance to pay the difference for the Incredi pass…even though sales were suspended.
Can you no longer renew directly through the MDE app??

I’m in

You could renew an Incredi-Pass but not a DVC Sorcerer AP because it requires confirmation of eligibility. Maybe now that they’re able to sell new Sorcerer via the DVC website, Sorcerer renewals will be online too.

After finally being able to buy AP’s Thursday, I’m so glad we bought DVC direct last year. I weighed all the pros and cons of Direct vs. Resale and I just knew if I didn’t have all the “perks” of direct, it would be something I’d regret. The only real pro I saw with resale was saving a little money up front, but now I know we made the right choice. Plus we eat out every meal at WDW so the dining savings at restaurants adds up to quite a bit of savings for us. Not to say we won’t buy resale later on and add more points, but I’m sure happy to be DVC-Y !

My wife and I bought direct as well, FOMO is powerful. Plus we love Riviera.

I’m in

Not the Sorcerer Pass. That has never been allowed via the app…and neither was the Gold Pass..they have always required a call.

I want to buy an AP tomorrow and use it to secure a room in Oct 2023 with the AP discount (if and when it is offered). I know I'll have a voucher for the AP in MDE. I don't want to activate the AP until March 2024. Any issues with this? Will I get room, food & merchandise AP discounts from now thru March 2025? Seems to good to be true.

I want to buy an AP tomorrow and use it to secure a room in Oct 2023 with the AP discount (if and when it is offered). I know I'll have a voucher for the AP in MDE. I don't want to activate the AP until March 2024. Any issues with this? Will I get room, food & merchandise AP discounts from now thru March 2025? Seems to good to be true.
The voucher does not get you the discounts until it is active. So, if you wait until March, the discounts wont kick in until then.

In the past, a not yet active voucher could be used to reserve a room with the discount, but you had to have an active pass by the time you checked out in order to pay the discounted pass holder rate. You also would not get any other discount without the active pass.

My wife and I are long time DVC owners and annual passholders who now live in Florida. We would like to buy a Sorcerer annual pass for our college age son. HOWEVER, since he is a college student in NJ, paying NJ instate tuition, we have not updated his license to say that he lives in Florida with us.

Will we be able to buy him a Sorcerer pass or are we stuck buying him a Incredipass?

I worry that the system will let us buy him the Sorcerer pass but that when we go to activate it, it will be an issue since his address will not match ours even though we have the last name. Any thoughts?

My wife and I are long time DVC owners and annual passholders who now live in Florida. We would like to buy a Sorcerer annual pass for our college age son. HOWEVER, since he is a college student in NJ, paying NJ instate tuition, we have not updated his license to say that he lives in Florida with us.

Will we be able to buy him a Sorcerer pass or are we stuck buying him a Incredipass?

I worry that the system will let us buy him the Sorcerer pass but that when we go to activate it, it will be an issue since his address will not match ours even though we have the last name. Any thoughts?

He is an adult and not on your contract and does not live with you so no he is not eligible.

As @mz-s posted, unless he can show an ID that shows he lives with you, he is not eligible for the Sorcerer Pass.

In order to qualify for a sorcerer pass with your DVC contract he would need to be able to demonstrate to GS he lives with you, or to qualify as a FL resident he would need to demonstrate he lived in FL. While a driver’s license is one way to demonstrate this there are others ways. The Disney site lists them. They include property titles and multiple recent utility or bank/cc statements.

In order to qualify for a sorcerer pass with your DVC contract he would need to be able to demonstrate to GS he lives with you, or to qualify as a FL resident he would need to demonstrate he lived in FL. While a driver’s license is one way to demonstrate this there are others ways. The Disney site lists them. They include property titles and multiple recent utility or bank/cc statements.
Agreed that there are other ways that Disney uses. This was almost 15 years ago but when my mother moved in with us they accepted her prescription bottles as proof she did reside at the same address. I don't think that particular one is officially on the Disney list but mostly they just want something that has some permanence that shows name and address that matches the owners address. I had a couple of medicare bills along too. It also was a downturn at Disney and they were selling extended AP's so perhaps not quite as particular at that time.

Sorry for the dumb question that is probably elsewhere. I thought I read elsewhere on the boards that you have to activate an annual pass at guest services, but my annual pass welcome-ish email today said just go to the park entrance as long as you have the app or magic band setup. Can somebody clarify if they've activated their pass already? Our first trip is not until July and it's a travel day, so any time saved is time earned :-)

Relevant screenshot added

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-075821.png
    Screenshot_20230423-075821.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
Sorry for the dumb question that is probably elsewhere. I thought I read elsewhere on the boards that you have to activate an annual pass at guest services, but my annual pass welcome-ish email today said just go to the park entrance as long as you have the app or magic band setup. Can somebody clarify if they've activated their pass already? Our first trip is not until July and it's a travel day, so any time saved is time earned :-)

Relevant screenshot added
if you link your park pass to your AP - it should work

Warning - if you have a dated or unexpired ticket and an AP they still recommend going to GS to make sure the correct one is prioritized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter