DVC Annual Pass

It should be under the pass…the bar code...if there is no date, not to worry. It’s good for one year to activate into the AP..and your actual pass will then be good for one year starting from the date you enter the park.
On a related know, I'm assuming since the passes are in there, we can book Park Res' against them (next trip in August, at which time we'll go to will call to activate).

Thanks. No dates on the app anywhere around the bar code. No bar code on the website, just the passes listed next to family member names. There's a link on the website verion that says "select passes to renew" above the list of passes, even though we just bought them today. I'm calling the web tech support just to be sure these things are acting as they should...

That link is always there..I just started my renewal and I have it.. but always good to check!

Thanks. No dates on the app anywhere around the bar code. No bar code on the website, just the passes listed next to family member names. There's a link on the website verion that says "select passes to renew" above the list of passes, even though we just bought them today. I'm calling the web tech support just to be sure these things are acting as they should...
I got an e-mail that had my dates on it, and I was able to go into the app under "my profile" (hit the 3 lines at the bottom, scroll down past the tiles for things like future plans, tickets, etc. "My profile" was the first thing in the list of everything that didn't get a tile. Click on that and the first selection is "Memberships & Passes." Click on that and it should list everyone's passes there.
Mine says: Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disney Vacation Club Member Disney Sorcerer Pass
Expires: December 31, 2099

I got an e-mail that had my dates on it, and I was able to go into the app under "my profile" (hit the 3 lines at the bottom, scroll down past the tiles for things like future plans, tickets, etc. "My profile" was the first thing in the list of everything that didn't get a tile. Click on that and the first selection is "Memberships & Passes." Click on that and it should list everyone's passes there.
Mine says: Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disney Vacation Club Member Disney Sorcerer Pass
Expires: December 31, 2099
Yes -- thank you! I see the dates there. Ours default to one year from today but I'm sure will update once we activate on our next trip. Thanks for the tip ;)

I have existing passes in the renewal window. I was hoping to renew online but I still only get an option to renew to the Incredipass, not Sorcerer. I guess I will have to call but probably not during the current sale chaos.

I have existing passes in the renewal window. I was hoping to renew online but I still only get an option to renew to the Incredipass, not Sorcerer. I guess I will have to call but probably not during the current sale chaos.

Sorcerer renewal always require a call to MS…because they won’t renew until they verify your are eligible and now issue an actual AP that is set to start immediately when your old one expires…so you don’t end up needing to go to GR, like you do when activating a new pass.

I’m reading on FB that Member Services was quite militant on only selling APs to those with blue card.

Anyone here have a different experience?

I’m reading on FB that Member Services was quite militant on only selling APs to those with blue card.

No reports so far here..and I am not surprised..they closed the loophole in 2021 before passes were suspended..including not letting some activate it and refunding or making them pay for Incredi pass.

I am a blue card member with 150 points purchased direct. When I called MS yesterday (after about 30 minutes of busy signals) I called the direct number, pushed 1 for MS, then they had a special prompt for AP upgrades (I believe I had to push 7) that transferred me to ticketing (not MS). After 3:35 of waiting, the ticketing person asked for my member number, name and address and said 'Welcome Home'. I was able to upgrade our tickets in about 20 minutes (they each had to be separate transactions so it took a bit longer).

The short of it is I don't know the answer since I am a blue card member, but the person upgrading me was actually not MS but they did ask for my member number and address probably to verify my status.

Thanks,

Glad I woke up yesterday and saw all the problems everyone was having and decided to just wait it out. Tried for the first time yesterday at around 12:30pm and was in the queue for 30-seconds and breezed through the checkout. Already made my park reservations for my upcoming trip next week! So very happy that we could finally buy these, we planned to start scaling back a lot of our park visits as it was crushing me to have to pay so much for tickets with hoppers when the AP would save us so much.

Anyone know what happens to expired annual pass vouchers? Does it just become a credit if not used on time? I am wondering if they expire and annual passes aren't offered when we want to use them whether they will reactivate them and have us pay the difference or whether we would just be out of luck.

Reason for question is that we don't know if we will use them before April 14 as we are heading to Disneyland Paris next but don't want to be locked out of having aps again. Last year was a very expensive year without aps.

Anyone know what happens to expired annual pass vouchers? Does it just become a credit if not used on time? I am wondering if they expire and annual passes aren't offered when we want to use them whether they will reactivate them and have us pay the difference or whether we would just be out of luck.

Reason for question is that we don't know if we will use them before April 14 as we are heading to Disneyland Paris next but don't want to be locked out of having aps again. Last year was a very expensive year without aps.
I will assume you are asking about an AP purchased now. If so, the Terms & Conditions say that after one year from purchase , the voucher cannot be exchanged for an AP. It can only be used as a credit towards the purchase of a ticket or AP (at the then price) available at that time. Any difference in price must be paid.

I do not know what would happen if you used the voucher to pay for a ticket that costs less than the amount originally paid for the voucher. In the past, policy was not to give refunds.

I will assume you are asking about an AP purchased now. If so, the Terms & Conditions say that after one year from purchase , the voucher cannot be exchanged for an AP. It can only be used as a credit towards the purchase of a ticket or AP (at the then price) available at that time. Any difference in price must be paid.

I do not know what would happen if you used the voucher to pay for a ticket that costs less than the amount originally paid for the voucher. In the past, policy was not to give refunds.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I am considering upgrading 10 day hoppers to aps today but I'm not 100% sure if I will use them on time. I followed your direction to the Terms and Conditions and it says as you suggested, a credit, but subject to APs being available which is the sticking point for us. We don't want to be left without APs if they aren't being offered then.

From T&C:
"However, the amount paid for an unactivated, expired Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a new Pass or ticket (subject to availability)"

Thank you again for your help!

When will it expire? Depending on when it expires it might not be worth upgrading since you have to pay the difference between the two passes but it still maintains the original expiration date.
She just got it in January. The issue is the pass she has is only weekday, but since that was all they were selling and didn't have class on Fridays it works for her. But she would like to join us on weekends.

I know you are joking about the fake ID, but if you do “get away with buying a sorcerer through a glitch”, don’t post it here. There are snitches that will actually report the activity.
I wasn’t able to get a sorcerer pass. Boooo… Not sure why anyone would report it if I was able. That’s kind of crazy. I guess some people don’t have anything else to do with their time.

No reports so far here..and I am not surprised..they closed the loophole in 2021 before passes were suspended..including not letting some activate it and refunding or making them pay for Incredi pass.
Just from a hypothetical standpoint, do you know what would happen if someone purchased a sorcerer pass while DVC-Y and then they sold their direct contract? Would they simply not let that person renew?

Just from a hypothetical standpoint, do you know what would happen if someone purchased a sorcerer pass while DVC-Y and then they sold their direct contract? Would they simply not let that person renew?
Correct. When I renewed and had a conversation with the CM, she told me that the system will now show eligibility when the membership number is entered.

So, you do show your card, but it sounded like the system is set to catch it. And, you can only renew the pass on the phone with MS or in person…and MS definitely confirms before sending to ticketing.

But, there were reports in late 2021/ early 2022 when those not eligible were allowed to purchase them but then when they went to activate, they could not because they didn’t have what was needed to prove they were eligible.

They were refunded or given the chance to pay the difference for the Incredi pass…even though sales were suspended.

Correct. When I renewed and had a conversation with the CM, she told me that the system will now show eligibility when the membership number is entered.

So, you do show your card, but it sounded like the system is set to catch it. And, you can only renew the pass on the phone with MS or in person…and MS definitely confirms before sending to ticketing.

But, there were reports in late 2021/ early 2022 when those not eligible were allowed to purchase them but then when they went to activate, they could not because they didn’t have what was needed to prove they were eligible.

They were refunded or given the chance to pay the difference for the Incredi pass…even though sales were suspended.
And there were some that did not get rejected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter