DVC Annual Pass

Ended up getting on online instead of upgrading my tickets - I will just go to CM and have them prioritize my ticket and start my AP on my second trip this year . Easier than trying to be on hold at work.

My electronic card says DVC-Y. ANNUAL so I wonder if I will get the discount even before I activate?
If you show your electronic card I know it works for merchandise discount

Can we purchase passes if we already have active passes? Not showing me the DVC pass at all. We've been members since 2002 so are eligible for discounted passes.

It was going to let me, but I didn’t get to the screen that had me asking…I was just playing….but the vouchers are only good for one year, so unless there is a reason, keep that in mind.

Ended up getting on online instead of upgrading my tickets - I will just go to CM and have them prioritize my ticket and start my AP on my second trip this year . Easier than trying to be on hold at work.

My electronic card says DVC-Y. ANNUAL so I wonder if I will get the discount even before I activate?

Since you don’t need an AP to use the DVC Discount, that shouldn’t be an issue. For using thenAP discount, they don’t accept the Digital MM pass.

We had to show our active pass in our MDE.

It was going to let me, but I didn’t get to the screen that had me asking…I was just playing….but the vouchers are only good for one year, so unless there is a reason, keep that in mind.
Thank you. I'm still using tickets I purchased for about $365. Bought a bunch when I retired. Guess I'll have to start renewing in a few years. Oh well, was good while it lasted.

Since you don’t need an AP to use the DVC Discount, that shouldn’t be an issue. For using thenAP discount, they don’t accept the Digital MM pass.

Interesting. So during our trip last month we were in the shop in Canada and they were training somebody new. We showed our digital DVC card and the girl behind the counter told her trainee: see they have AP Y and DVC so they can use either discount. That was the first time we even knew the AP (that we haven't had in years) was still showing up (though I have seen MDE want me to order APH Magic Bands for a while). We didn't test the theory of will they give us an APH discount though, since DVC usually works for us. Sounds like they may have verified...and even if we had them we probably wouldn't carry them.

Interesting. So during our trip last month we were in the shop in Canada and they were training somebody new. We showed our digital DVC card and the girl behind the counter told her trainee: see they have AP Y and DVC so they can use either discount. That was the first time we even knew the AP (that we haven't had in years) was still showing up (though I have seen MDE want me to order APH Magic Bands for a while). We didn't test the theory of will they give us an APH discount though, since DVC usually works for us. Sounds like they may have verified...and even if we had them we probably wouldn't carry them.

Maybe they are beginning to train to allow it for both! In March, it didn’t work yet!

I just got through to upgrade tickets in May to Sorcerer's AP. 3:35 of waiting.

What do we think the actual numbers are for people buying AP today? How many more do you think it will be next week? 10X?

Thanks - when is the 30% discount for AP that sometimes happens ? Is that December

Time to get back in because the queue is moving

I got back in the queue and was in to get the passes virtually immediately. When it came to the payment step, it never ended. 40 minutes later, I closed the browser and began all over again. This time, it worked.

All hail the IT "gods" at Disney for their ability to develop code which works well under anticipated loads.

As an FYI, at least 3 people have reported getting vouchers good until 2099 on their purchases today. Not everyone, though, so maybe not something to gamble on (but an interesting data point nonetheless).

As an FYI, at least 3 people have reported getting vouchers good until 2099 on their purchases today. Not everyone, though, so maybe not something to gamble on (but an interesting data point nonetheless).
I have seen that, but the T and C state they are good for one year…so, I would not surprised to see that changed, and even if it doesn’t, it’s an error, when the terms you agree to when buying states only good one year.

I was upset this morning that I wasn’t able to log in to buy the AP pass because I had an early two-hour meeting. Gotta love it! :rolleyes: But I guess it was a blessing in the end because I was just able to log in and purchase a pass in a bit over 5 minutes. After reading the posts here, I was prepared (not happy about it, but prepared) to wait much longer. And I didn’t really believe the transaction went through until I received the confirmation email and checked MDE. I feel very fortunate and hope everyone who wants to purchase the passes is successful.

I just bought our passes. We are not going until July 7th. The last time I had passes they didn't activate until our first day in the park. I know this is the same but for some reason when I look on our my disney experience site it says they expire April 12, 2024. This can't be correct? Does it just say that until we go this summer and check in at will call on July 7th?
Interesting. I don't see any dates at all for ours, neither on the web in MDE (Tickets and Memory Maker) nor on the app. I see all the APs purchased today on both (thankfully), but no dates of any kind anywhere. Where did you see the dates? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Interesting. I don't see any dates at all for ours, neither on the web in MDE (Tickets and Memory Maker) nor on the app. I see all the APs purchased today on both (thankfully), but no dates of any kind anywhere. Where did you see the dates? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

It should be under the pass…the bar code...if there is no date, not to worry. It’s good for one year to activate into the AP..and your actual pass will then be good for one year starting from the date you enter the park.

It should be under the pass…the bar code...if there is no date, not to worry. It’s good for one year to activate into the AP..and your actual pass will then be good for one year starting from the date you enter the park.
Thanks. No dates on the app anywhere around the bar code. No bar code on the website, just the passes listed next to family member names. There's a link on the website verion that says "select passes to renew" above the list of passes, even though we just bought them today. I'm calling the web tech support just to be sure these things are acting as they should...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter