DVC 6th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

And the biggest Thank You to wdwstar! I can't imagine the work you put into coordinating the tree sharing every year. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

OKW Tree #2 still hasn't come home. I know it was dropped off at OKW on 12/27, but so far, no tree! :sad2:

Laura that is Great News! :cool1:

Well over Due Thank You's......:grouphug:

igitur, Thank you for the Magical PeterPan ornament, what a very nice surprise.

Bobbiwoz, Thank you for the bags of candy. I was so busy this year with tree lists, working, planning our 2 friends families trips with us, working,
planning trips for other friends - friends ( all of a sudden i became this travel agent :rotfl: ) working...... I didnt get a chance to buy my tree list of families token gifts. Thank you again for helping me out! :thumbsup2

Claire ont, Thank you for the great ornament, "Goofy". On our trip "Goofy" was the highlight of our trip.

Thank you to all that left me cards & notes and wishing my Family & I a Merry Christmas & Happy New Years.

A Big Thank You to JimElf, you were a great Helper or should I say "Elf".

and of course....

Thank you to all the Families that donated the Trees this year and Pixie dust to a safe return for the Trees. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thank You to All that had Great Ideas & Suggestions last Year, we will use them for this year too.

pixiedust: One of these Magical Years we will have a great Tree Sharing without any mishaps.pixiedust: Maybe it will be this Year!:cheer2:

Oh, I forgot to thank the DISer who left bags of candies in the BCV tree -- THANK YOU!!

AKV tree #4 arrived home yesterday. Thank you for the candies and the cookies that were left in the box! For the person that added the wreath and door hanger ... if you are out there do you want me to mail it to you? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks for those of you that shared in the AKV tree swap, it was nice to be a part of it all! Thanks WDWSTAR for all your very hard work! :)

Hi everyone! I don't usually post to the DVC pages, but this year we will be staying at the BWV from December 13th-18th--we are SO excited about Christmas at The World.

I had been scanning through and saw this and knew there was a tradition of having Christmas trees at the DVC resorts, but just wanted a little more information about who gets the trees, what you do to get one, what you do when you're done with it, when the information is posted about the trees, etc. I am really into Christmas and would love to have a little holiday spirit in our room this coming year. :)

Any information or links to older threads with this information would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup2

Thanks!
Ann

Laura that is Great News! :cool1:

Well over Due Thank You's......:grouphug:

igitur, Thank you for the Magical PeterPan ornament, what a very nice surprise.

Bobbiwoz, Thank you for the bags of candy. I was so busy this year with tree lists, working, planning our 2 friends families trips with us, working,
planning trips for other friends - friends ( all of a sudden i became this travel agent :rotfl: ) working...... I didnt get a chance to buy my tree list of families token gifts. Thank you again for helping me out! :thumbsup2

Claire ont, Thank you for the great ornament, "Goofy". On our trip "Goofy" was the highlight of our trip.

Thank you to all that left me cards & notes and wishing my Family & I a Merry Christmas & Happy New Years.

A Big Thank You to JimElf, you were a great Helper or should I say "Elf".

and of course....

Thank you to all the Families that donated the Trees this year and Pixie dust to a safe return for the Trees. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thank You to All that had Great Ideas & Suggestions last Year, we will use them for this year too.

pixiedust: One of these Magical Years we will have a great Tree Sharing without any mishaps.pixiedust: Maybe it will be this Year!:cheer2:

WDW Star...This is a VERY belated "Thank You." Due to moving I have had to be out of touch with the DIS since arriving home from our trip. We had your tree at BCV and it was fantastic!!! Thanks so much for adding to magic of our trip. Coming "home" to a tree was very special for me, my husband and our kids.
Also, many thanks to mmmcq for the WONDERFUL tree at OKW. Not sure what bell services did w/ it after we left. My best guess is that they got confused b/c the next people on the list were staying at a different resort. Eventhough the list said they would pick it up, maybe they got confused and sent it over anyway and then eventually it made it back to OKW?
Once again, thank you both so much for all of the extra magic you provided for me and my family. We truly appreicate it!!

wdwstar,
We enjoyed having your BCV tree so very much. I was glad that I did remember to bring something to share, so you're welcomed. I haven't found the other 3 little gift bags, they weren't at home, either, that's why I had to use the baggies.
You are so organized, and that's one reason you are finding "work" as a travel agent for DFs!
JimElf, thanks for all you did to help out the tree sharing!!!
Bobbi:goodvibes

Wdwstar,

I would like to say thanks to you and the others for all the kind words and a big Thank You to you for putting this together again. I really enjoy being your helper this past year and will ready to help out this year as well.

I would have posted sooner but have been busy getting our roof replaced from the Hurricane.

I am sorry to hear that trees are missing and there was so much trouble with the shipping as well as people getting the trees this year. This year seems to be to worst of the 4 years we have participated. I had issues with my tree in that one family did not pick up the tree and another family did not get it on time.

I would like to send a big Thank You to all that shared my VWL tree and hope it added magic to your stay.

Elf Jim.

ok, I just completed booking my Dec 2009 trip..

Come on July.. I'm ready to sign-up again! :rotfl:

ok, I just completed booking my Dec 2009 trip..

Come on July.. I'm ready to sign-up again! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I booked our just this week too! Can't wait to go again:goodvibes

ElfJim: All the best with the repairs! Just think, one less 'Blue Roof' in town. We still have so many and we are having to start a re-forestation project in the community too.

:rotfl2: I booked our just this week too! Can't wait to go again:goodvibes

ElfJim: All the best with the repairs! Just think, one less 'Blue Roof' in town. We still have so many and we are having to start a re-forestation project in the community too.

Thanks Bopsmom,

I didnt have a "Blue Roof" but there are still several in our area. Roof is completed and looks good. I went with slate color which has a light greenish color when looking at the shingle but has a grayish look when on the roof. Hope your repairs are going well.

I booked our trip this year last year while we were on vacation, since we will be going Thanksgiving week this year.

Elf Jim.

Good ol Gal,

So when are you going this year?

Elf Jim.

VWL Dec 20-25, then SSR 25-28.

We're hoping for the THV for the second half of the trip :teeth:

Grandma and Grandpa will be with us this year, so we booked 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom.

How about you guys?

VWL Dec 20-25, then SSR 25-28.

We're hoping for the THV for the second half of the trip :teeth:

Grandma and Grandpa will be with us this year, so we booked 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom.

How about you guys?

Good ol Gal,

We will be at VWL Nov 22-29, but I will try to add the Nov 21 at the 7 month window to give us one one night. We will only be going for one week this year which will be hard to get used to since we normally stay 2 weeks.

Are you able to book the THV?

Elf Jim.

We too will be looking to sign up for the 7th Year Christmas Tree Sharing.

We are taking my parents as well as our DD to BWV Dec. 19 to 23:santa:

Good ol Gal,

We will be at VWL Nov 22-29, but I will try to add the Nov 21 at the 7 month window to give us one one night. We will only be going for one week this year which will be hard to get used to since we normally stay 2 weeks.

Are you able to book the THV?

Elf Jim.

just responded to your PM :thumbsup2

Hi JimmyTammy!

Thank you so much for the tree. We ended up not using it because my son was sick and I did not want to send you home a contaminated tree.

Don't worry, it was never in our room. I went down to the front desk and figured out how to send it back.

I hope you had a wonderful vacation! Thankfully my son was not sick for too long and we still had a great time.

All the best,
Laura

We too will be looking to sign up for the 7th Year Christmas Tree Sharing.

We are taking my parents as well as our DD to BWV Dec. 19 to 23:santa:

I am also very excited about the Tree Sharing...:santa:
Can't wait to sign up for next year...:yay:
AKV Kidani Dec 21-27...:cool1:

We will not be donating a tree again. Ours was never returned to us and the last person on the list has not responded to any of my pms. I lost a great wreath in there that dh had given me for christmas 2007 and there were hand made decorations on the tree.

Our tree never left the resort and never made it into the UPS system.

I am very discouraged by this:-( :-( I found out that the last person that had our tree was using II trade in points and not dvc.

We also are being ignored by a DVC owner from whom we rented points for dh's 40th b-day trip in June...two strikes and we are done!

I was really excited about the swap and thought it was a wonderful thing!! :-( :-(

We will not be donating a tree again. Ours was never returned to us and the last person on the list has not responded to any of my pms. I lost a great wreath in there that dh had given me for christmas 2007 and there were hand made decorations on the tree.

Our tree never left the resort and never made it into the UPS system.

I am very discouraged by this:-( :-( I found out that the last person that had our tree was using II trade in points and not dvc.

We also are being ignored by a DVC owner from whom we rented points for dh's 40th b-day trip in June...two strikes and we are done!

I was really excited about the swap and thought it was a wonderful thing!! :-( :-(

:grouphug: I'm sorry this happened. I know on the exchange board, sometimes "Elfs" are needed because someone doesn't follow through, just takes and doesn't give. Don't give up on the tree exchange, sign up to get one, hopefully, the magic will come back to you.

I hope you do get to celebrate your DH's birthday as you wish. Have you given money?

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter