DVC 6th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

YAHOOOOOO!!!!

1/2 of the OKW tree (the box with the ornaments) has made it home!!! :banana:

Hopefully the tree will be close behind!

Hooray! :banana:

FYI in case I forgot to tell you before, the swag lights were dying 1 swag at a time when we had the tree. Thanks again for sharing! :hug:

Well, OKW Tree #2 hasn't made its way home yet. :sad2: It was dropped off at the front desk at OKW on 12/27 with prepaid shipping labels on two boxes. But, Treeface (who dropped it off) said they saw it on a Bell Services cart when they were leaving.

If it doesn't show up by the end of this week I'm going to call the resort to see if was sent. I hope it isn't sitting in storage waiting for someone to get it.

Just spoke to Bell services and the front desk. No SSR tree #4 in the luggage room or in the back room to be shipped out. :confused3 :confused3

Lost and Found for OKW/SSR Housekeeping doen't have the tree either. DVCmommy...are you out there? Did you drop it with the front desk?

The tree is not in the UPS system yet and I know this because I supplied a pre-paid shipping label for UPS.

:wizard: AKV #2 made it home today!!!

I was beginning to worry. It was a little battered (next year Fedex all the way) by the USPS but everything was wrapped up well and safe. It looked like it was put in a trash compactor!!:rotfl:

Thank you to our families for the nice cards, notes and ornaments and taking great care of the tree. It was a special treat to be a part of the magic:santa:

A new box and AKV2 will be ready for its third Christmas at AKV:goodvibes

wdwstar, I guess we will have to designate trees between Kidani and Jambo this Christmas;) Thank you for shipping the tree home.

Tinerbellcrafter and DVCMommy,

I think I might be able to help you with the missing tree....

You have to call UPS for a pick-up...If you don't it may be
sitting at the area behind the front desk even with a pre-paid
UPS form...

(I got a lot of info when I sent the AKV #4 tree back from
Fort Wilderness...)

I would check with the front desk and if they have it call UPS
for a pick-up...be sure to get the address from the front
desk before you call UPS...

Hope this helps...
Stephanie

Hey thanks Dustball,

The box is not at the front desk, behind the scenes, at bell services or in lost and found. One last ditch effort is my message is being forwarded to housekeeping. What the cast members are telling me is that the tree is no where on SSR property at this time.

Both my husband and I have called on this...:-(

DVCMommy has not answered my pms, either, so I don't know where they dropped the tree on Christmas Day.

The cast member I spoke to even remembers my tree arriving in Nov. because of all of the stickers and drawings on the box.

I always drop boxes with pre-paid labels at guest services for shipping home and have never had to call ups for a pick up. The resort just sends it out with all of their stuff and it always makes it back home six days later.

I am concerned because the tracking number just shows the billing info that I entered for the return trip...no movement.

I am soooo sorry! That is so frustrating...

I hope your tree is found. I hope that DVCMommy anwers you
soon.

all the best,
Stephanie

P.S. I have PM'ed Nicki with the AKL #4 tracking numbers.
I went on line today and both boxes show up and are on the
way back to Nicki!

Thanks all!

It was fun having the tree, thanks.
I'm glad that 1/2 of the OKW tree finally arrived. If the other half doesn't show up as I said in my PM, let me know and I'll take care of replacing it. Who knew that a tree mailed on 1-23 would take until 1-12 for half to show up with an unknown where the other half is. I should have gotten a darn tracking number and not used the USPS.

Tinkerbellcrafter, I am so sorry you are having shipping problems, If there is anything i can do, please pm me. If all fails, i will be back at wdw the second week of march, i will personall go over to SSR & OKW and find out what happed to your tree.

When i was picking up my tree from BCV ( i didnt pick it up on the date was displayed on the box, it was a few days later) bell service manager told me if the box is sitting there unclaim they will ship it back to the sender, who sent the box. The wonderful bell service Lady from BCV said she seen my tree and she knew it was in the back. After sometime going around with the manager
this wonderful Bell service lady came right out with my tree and she said she knew where it was but no one was listening to where the tree was sitting.

sending pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Thank you WDWStar!!!

I spoke to a cast member who works at the resort and is also on these boards and he called me back today and it is no where at SSR or OKW.

We are going in February to Vero then to WDW with one night at SSR (waitlisted) so we will check, as well. I appreciate the offer!!!

It was fun having the tree, thanks.
I'm glad that 1/2 of the OKW tree finally arrived. If the other half doesn't show up as I said in my PM, let me know and I'll take care of replacing it. Who knew that a tree mailed on 1-23 would take until 1-12 for half to show up with an unknown where the other half is. I should have gotten a darn tracking number and not used the USPS.

The tree made it HOME!!!!

Whew!

I'm happy everything went smoothly! I tried to find Disney and Boardwalk ornaments for the tree. There was a "whole-lot-a-ebaying" going on.

After all the mess, I'm happy just to get the ornaments and lights back. UPS is, supposedly, going to reimburse me for the tree. It would probably cost more to ship it back than replace it.

Hi Lisa,

Did you get the box with ornaments back? Was everything ok? Let me know. I was worried because I had to leave with front desk on Saturday for Monday pickup by UPS.

I am so glad. I was worried about it myself. Thanks again and I'm sorry the USPS obviously had trouble with wind, rain and snow but finally delivered.

I am really surprised it took so long. But YAY!!!!!!!

This is a lesson for everyone... GET A TRACKING NUMBER. It only cost a dollar more and really worth the peace of mind.

Tink.. I hope yours turns up soon (((hugs)))

When i was picking up my tree from BCV ( i didnt pick it up on the date was displayed on the box, it was a few days later) bell service manager told me if the box is sitting there unclaim they will ship it back to the sender, who sent the box. The wonderful bell service Lady from BCV said she seen my tree and she knew it was in the back. After sometime going around with the manager
this wonderful Bell service lady came right out with my tree and she said she knew where it was but no one was listening to where the tree was sitting.

sending pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

We had your tree at BCV and I want to say a much belated THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It made our pre-Xmas stay just a bit more magical and the kids loved the train window stickers -- what a surprise! We also had trouble locating the tree at first. The first time DH checked he was told no one can find it. I made him check again the next day, and no luck. Before giving up on it (and I planned to post here to tell everyone), I called on the third day and finally found someone who located it. Just how big is the storage area back there anyway?

Laura that is Great News! :cool1:

Well over Due Thank You's......:grouphug:

igitur, Thank you for the Magical PeterPan ornament, what a very nice surprise.

Bobbiwoz, Thank you for the bags of candy. I was so busy this year with tree lists, working, planning our 2 friends families trips with us, working,
planning trips for other friends - friends ( all of a sudden i became this travel agent :rotfl: ) working...... I didnt get a chance to buy my tree list of families token gifts. Thank you again for helping me out! :thumbsup2

Claire ont, Thank you for the great ornament, "Goofy". On our trip "Goofy" was the highlight of our trip.

Thank you to all that left me cards & notes and wishing my Family & I a Merry Christmas & Happy New Years.

A Big Thank You to JimElf, you were a great Helper or should I say "Elf".

and of course....

Thank you to all the Families that donated the Trees this year and Pixie dust to a safe return for the Trees. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thank You to All that had Great Ideas & Suggestions last Year, we will use them for this year too.

pixiedust: One of these Magical Years we will have a great Tree Sharing without any mishaps.pixiedust: Maybe it will be this Year!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter