DVC 6th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

We had a Wonderful Experience with the tree swap and hope that it will be happening again this year. We are booked from Dec. 20-Dec. 27th @ SSR. :cool1: I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it continues as it is wonderful for those of us flying a long distance. People go through a lot of work to make this magic happen and it is appreciated.

Wdwstar,

I would like to say thanks to you and the others for all the kind words and a big Thank You to you for putting this together again. I really enjoy being your helper this past year and will ready to help out this year as well.

I would have posted sooner but have been busy getting our roof replaced from the Hurricane.

I am sorry to hear that trees are missing and there was so much trouble with the shipping as well as people getting the trees this year. This year seems to be to worst of the 4 years we have participated. I had issues with my tree in that one family did not pick up the tree and another family did not get it on time.

I would like to send a big Thank You to all that shared my VWL tree and hope it added magic to your stay.

Elf Jim.

The family that did not get the tree on time was us Jim. I pm'd you to thank you but after seeing this post, I just wanted to thank you again on this post and let everyone know how thoughtful you were. We went to get the tree and the front desk said that it was not there. The next day there was a voice message left and when I listened to it, lo and behold it was Jim calling from Texas, asking if I was enjoying the tree. I was so impressed by his kindness. I went back to the front desk and after about 45 minutes of waiting they came out with the tree. We had noticed that the people before us had not stroked their name off of the box and inside the box, Jim had left us some candied nuts and an ornament. How kind!! Since we only had the tree for our final 2 days, we did not use it, but I just wanted to let other people know how much trouble that the people who donate the trees go through to help other families. I feel guilty that I only left you $10. Jim, If you would like more money to cover your costs, pm me as it would be my pleasure to help you since you were so kind and generous. A big heartfelt thank you to ALL who donated the trees for all the different resorts. Walt would be proud of you all.

:grouphug: I'm sorry this happened. I know on the exchange board, sometimes "Elfs" are needed because someone doesn't follow through, just takes and doesn't give. Don't give up on the tree exchange, sign up to get one, hopefully, the magic will come back to you.

I hope you do get to celebrate your DH's birthday as you wish. Have you given money?

Bobbi:)

Thanks for this and yes we have paid it in full. We did a point transfer and also rented the remaining of their points since they couldn't be transferred and I have been trying to contact them since they were on the phone with DVC with us. They said they would sign a contract and they never signed and returned it and are not answering e-mails, pms and the phone number we have does not ring or take messages. This person appears only on the boards to rent points or sometimes to post. Last time was before our transaction at the beginning of Oct. We want to stay THV and we are going to have to move the entire family two nights back into an SSR 2bdrm because they wont respond and call MS for us next Sunday.

I just dont understand how someone can do that especially since they know it was a special celebration!!

Ok, sorry for highjacking the thread..I'm just really discouraged! feeling really burned!!

OKW Tree 2 hasn't found its way home yet either. I'm going to call OKW again tomorrow to see if maybe they can locate it this time. I know it was dropped off at the front desk on 12/27 by the last family and they even saw it later on a cart outside of Bell Services. It had a prepaid UPS label on it and the tracking info still says it isn't in the UPS system. I'm not giving up on it quite yet, but if it doesn't make it we'll just have to get a new tree this year - and the missing tree was new this year too.

Lot's of shipping issues this year; let's hope they aren't repeated in 2009.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter