Dude ranch vacation in Wyoming...

jenwolgey

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend a dude ranch in Wyoming that doesn't cost an arm AND a leg? We will be a group of 8 (two families traveling together). I've been checking places out online, and I have sticker shock! I also don't want to be staying in a run-down cabin with mice and bugs! Is there a "happy medium" here? One of the kids in the other family would prefer a working ranch. I would love any advice you have-I'm an expert at planning for Disney-I feel I'm in over my head here! Thanks.

The VeeBar is a Guest Ranch outside Laramie. Decent rates, beautiful rooms at the foot of the Snowy Range. It's about 2-1/2 hours from Denver. It sits on the Little Laramie River and is very nice and a great deal for the price. Be aware that their per person rates are high, but you can just do a stay in the cabins and choose activities. I'd call them and ask.

www.veebar.com

Check outside Cheyenne for Double Diamond, which is a working guest ranch.

The closer you get to Yellowstone the pricier it gets.

Look around the Pinedale area or Lander areas. They are on opposite side of the Wind River Range and some guest ranches will do pack trips into the Winds. Spectacular country!

I'll email some old friends in Laramie and get some recommendations

Medicine Bow Guest Lodge is near Saratoga in the Snowy Range. This dude ranch is actually in the mountains and ranges from $80-125 per person per day and is all-inclusive. It's a little less on the weekly plan. I grew up near here and spent a lot of time near this ranch.

Saratoga also has the famous "Hobo Pool" hot springs which are great to go soak in after a couple of days in the saddle.

We are hoping to keep it from 250-300 miles from Jackson. Thanks so much for all of your help! I will check out your suggestions. I've been looking at tons of websites...considering Eaton's Ranch, Wolf, Wyoming. I'll check back here if you have any more info! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter