DTD Starbucks locations- no mobile order before park opening

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
I didn't see this posted or mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd post in case this helps someone. If it should be merged into another thread, I hope a Moderator will do that for me!

We were in the parks Saturday and Sunday 7/10 and 7/11. Our usual "thing" is to mobile order from either of the DTD Starbucks locations and then eat in line at the turnstiles. Neither day was mobile order available, although both shops were open before park opening.

The Starbucks employee I spoke to this morning at the location closer to WOD told me that they are lacking a significant number of their staff, and that it's just too crazy in there before park opening to do mobile order right now, and that they're training staff in other stores before transferring them over to this one. Obviously no one knows when that will happen.

Just a little PSA in case anyone was counting on mobile order! I hope they have it back to normal by October when I visit with my son- it's our MO to have me wait in the turnstile line and send him to grab my mobile order!

Thanks, this is really good to know. And truthfully, I'm glad to read this. Not that they're understaffed of course, but that they've decided it's better not to continue mobile ordering until they can fully support it. When we were there in May, people around us had been waiting over 45 minutes for their mobile orders. Meanwhile, walk-ins were getting in and out with their orders right away. We gave up on our mobile order after 30 min in order to make our ROTR time. But waits for everyone thinking they'd save time by mobile ordering were simply insane. (Clearly they don't limit mobile orders to only a certain number per hour based on how many they feel they can accommodate. They've probably never needed to in the past.)

We were there last week and I was seriously bummed about this! We usually mobile order and then eat/drink while waiting for the gates to open.

Thanks so much for the info. We area also coming in October, and your routine for the morning is the same as ours!
Fingers crossed that they are able to be fully staffed by then.

Bumping this up to see if anything has changed since my July visit... can anyone who's visited recently comment on the availability of moblie order before park opening at the DTD locations?

On the other hand, we ordered at Fiddler Fifer and Practical around 9 am in CA on the 15th. Took maybe 15-20 minutes to get through the line, but often you’ll wait that long for a mobile even ordering ahead. So surprisingly not too bad for in-park. On the other hand, that was a Wednesday.

On the other hand, we ordered at Fiddler Fifer and Practical around 9 am in CA on the 15th. Took maybe 15-20 minutes to get through the line, but often you’ll wait that long for a mobile even ordering ahead. So surprisingly not too bad for in-park. On the other hand, that was a Wednesday.
Great call. I’ve been in both parks Starbucks in the AM and while the lines can look long at times, they keep you moving!

Can anyone verify what time the DTD Starbucks nearest to the turnstiles opens in the morning? (mobile order OR in-person...I don't care which).
The Disneyland app shows that it doesn't open until 8 AM?? Is that possibly correct? help! We'll already be headed into the park by then...

Thank you! Yes, I do see the earlier (7 AM) opening time for when we're there! Yeah!
Still no mobile order though...ugh...

Thank you! Yes, I do see the earlier (7 AM) opening time for when we're there! Yeah!
Still no mobile order though...ugh...
Ha! So weird, you just posted! I heard from a friend that she was able to mobile order before park opening when she was staying at the Grand this week. I see that mobile order is available..just wondering if they’ve flipped the switch for early. Check it out and let me know if you see the same…am going to check in AM. I love to mobile order Starbucks. 😆

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a dumb question...

If I want to do a mobile order at the DTD Starbucks -- which app do I use: the Disneyland app, or the Starbucks app? Or will either/both work?

I've never actually used the Disney app for DTD Starbucks. Is there an option to do that? Usually I just use my Starbucks app because of the "stars"
As far as I know, you can’t mobile order DTD Starbucks from Dland app. I’m like you, I use my Starbucks App for my ⭐️‘s.

Oh! And FWIW, I got on the Starbucks app at 7:45am and the mobile order was available at DTD Sbux.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter