drowning at Castaway Cay yesterday

How sad , prayers to his family. He was so young too.

I heard about the accident yesterday from one of the staff today at CC. He told me about it because we had a medical cart fly by toward the ship while we were waiting for the tram to leave for Scuttle's Cove from the dock. A man was on his back, very gray looking, with a female EMT Cast Member astride him administering CPR and other CMs attending to him as well. A few moments later another cart went by at full speed as well, with a woman in the passenger seat who was very upset. I don't know any more, but it definitely gave me a lot to think about. I hope he's OK, but judging by the lack of helicopter or boat (other than excursions) leaving the dock here, I fear the worst. :( I saw a female officer come off of the Forward gangway and walk down to the medical cart as they were reloading the stretchers onto the cart, and another officer was patting her on the back. So sad.

I heard about the accident yesterday from one of the staff today at CC. He told me about it because we had a medical cart fly by toward the ship while we were waiting for the tram to leave for Scuttle's Cove from the dock. A man was on his back, very gray looking, with a female EMT Cast Member astride him administering CPR and other CMs attending to him as well. A few moments later another cart went by at full speed as well, with a woman in the passenger seat who was very upset. I don't know any more, but it definitely gave me a lot to think about. I hope he's OK, but judging by the lack of helicopter or boat (other than excursions) leaving the dock here, I fear the worst. :( I saw a female officer come off of the Forward gangway and walk down to the medical cart as they were reloading the stretchers onto the cart, and another officer was patting her on the back. So sad.

So is this one a different guy from the man that drowned? Maybe a second one?

Oh that breaks my heart. I would have been in tears! Poor family! :sad:

So is this one a different guy from the man that drowned? Maybe a second one?

Oh that breaks my heart. I would have been in tears! Poor family! :sad:

Yes. This was somebody from the Fantasy. I was pretty upset. It's a sight that will stick with me for a long, long time.

Yeah about 10 years ago at Animal Kingdom our bus passed a CM very sick and having a seizure. I felt so bad for her (other CM's were trying to help her). Still today I wonder if she was/is ok. I hope we don't see it in the news again about this poor man too. Just heartbreaking.....

Your post is very confusing to me. We know a man, who was on the Wonder, drowned on Castaway Cay yesterday. Are you saying there was another incident today, with someone from the Fantasy?

Sadly these drownings or accidents happen far more than we know or realize and naturally it's not just DCL. I can't imagine what the family must go through and I pray for all those impacted and those who have to think about this on vacation too. :hug:

Heather

Your post is very confusing to me. We know a man, who was on the Wonder, drowned on Castaway Cay yesterday. Are you saying there was another incident today, with someone from the Fantasy?

Yes, please verify the post as my wife and I had relatives that are on the Fantasy right now. We know the man was on the Wonder since the incident happened yesterday but what about the Fantasy?

Yes. This was somebody from the Fantasy. I was pretty upset. It's a sight that will stick with me for a long, long time.
I'm so very sorry for you and I know this must be troubling to witness.

Not trying to answer for the poster above, however I read it that he is on the Fantasy, and we know the Fantasy is at CC today and he spoke of the incident at CC yesterday with CM's while on CC today and sadly he also witnessed something awful and more prayers going out. I could be reading this wrong but it seems clear this way to me. As the poster is on the Fantasy he/she might not be able to respond.

Heather

I don't understand the confusion. I confirmed earlier that yes, there was some sort of incident on CC today (Friday), as I said in my original post, as well as the Wonder incident yesterday. The CM I was speaking to even said, "Two events in two days. That's no good." I am on the Fantasy as we speak. Here's the quote of my follow-up post, ten minutes after my first post.

Last edited:
I don't understand the confusion. I confirmed earlier that yes, there was some sort of incident on CC today (Saturday), as I said in my original post, as well as the Wonder incident yesterday. The CM I was speaking to even said, "Two events in two days. That's no good." I am on the Fantasy as we speak. Here's the quote of my follow-up post, ten minutes after my first post.

Thank you for the clarification. Like I mentioned in my post we have family on the Fantasy now so the fact that there was also an incident involving a guest on that ship as well worries DW and I.

Prayers out to all involved, family and CM's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter