• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving the PCH

Sooo.. if you are driving San Fran down to LA/Anaheim.... where is really about halfway??

I know lots of people stop at Monterey but from what I can tell its not really half way of the drive.

With 2 kids we would really like a place that is half way....

any thoughts or suggestions??

What you taking down 5, 101 or 1/101 combo?

We always like to pick up sandwiches in Pismo Beach and picnic at Dinosaur Caves Playground. Great view. Fun playground. Over halfway mile wise but about halfway time wise.

Update (5 months later): We ended up taking 5. It sucked. We got a late start out of SF. We were there for a wedding and hadn't had time to spend with the bride and groom until the day after so we didn't leave until almost 1p and got to DLR around 11:30p. The only highlight of the trip was hitting an In-n-Out Burger along the way (wasn't honestly that impressed after all the hype).
We absolutely loved DLR. So glad I went there with an open mind after everybody telling us "It's nothing like WDW". We want to go back and I think we may next summer. We will again visit friends in SF. This time we will do the PCH. I will plan it out better and book a room somewhere along the way. I don't know if I could do 5 again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter