Dress Shorts Now Acceptable for Palo Brunch

My husband will be happy. He hates long pants in tropical weather.

Me too.

Most important thing to note is...itinerary matters! It's the factor that's always been kind of ignored in the countless dress code threads - be it here on Disboards, Cruise Critic, FB, or anywhere else - over the years. This is probably not an issue at all on Alaskan sailings or other cooler weather itineraries. But in a tropical setting? "Dress" shorts should never be considered inappropriate. particularly at a brunch.

I never understood why anybody cares what anybody else is wearing anywhere. Pajamas in a store? Shorts in a fancier restaurant? Whatever. Even if I personally wouldn't wear those things in those situations, if it's not hurting me, why would I care? And in cases where there's a dress code at an establishment and someone else isn't adhering to it, that's between the establishment and that guest. It has nothing to do with me, and I couldn't care less. Either way, I'll just be over here doing my own thing and enjoying my own life :).

I don’t think anyone cares what you have on but placing a dress code makes the ambience and the restaurant feel like a special place even with a simple dress code. I also agree now they’ll get more suckers to pay $50 a person for pizza chicken parm and eggs without the fabulous buffet they had

Most important thing to note is...itinerary matters! It's the factor that's always been kind of ignored in the countless dress code threads - be it here on Disboards, Cruise Critic, FB, or anywhere else - over the years. This is probably not an issue at all on Alaskan sailings or other cooler weather itineraries. But in a tropical setting? "Dress" shorts should never be considered inappropriate. particularly at a brunch.
A Hawaiian resort I used to frequent loosened the long-pants rules about 20 years ago. 30 years ago, I had to wear a tie to the office; now I wear jeans. Heck, 70 years ago, people wore a suit and tie to attend sporting events.
066741a131448198d06fe7b6c8b6ddc9.jpg

Dress codes evolve over time. Nobody is stopping you from dressing up if you so choose. You do you. We'd all be better off if people weren't trying to control others.

I don’t think anyone cares what you have on but placing a dress code makes the ambience and the restaurant feel like a special place even with a simple dress code. I also agree now they’ll get more suckers to pay $50 a person for pizza chicken parm and eggs without the fabulous buffet they had

I don't have a problem with the Palo Brunch being plated, but I absolutely hate buffets mainly because I hate getting back up and down, so I eat less food. You bring food to me, and I will gorge myself. Although I was so stuffed on pastries and pancakes and eggs and soup, by the time we got to the flatbreads and entrees, I was stuffed.

I could care less what anyone else wears to dinner on a cruise. Everyone is paying to have their own experience.

Completely disagree when it comes to specialty restaurants. I get dressed up for those cause it makes for a more classy and special experience. Thankfully the majority do also. For brunch though? Wouldn't care.

I assume by dress shorts, they just mean no shorts that go past the knees for men. And not some jean shorts.

I'm not sure how you can say that this policy isn't dressing like adults. I dare say that for many males, they wouldn't otherwise pack long pants on a Disney cruise (except from November into maybe March) if it weren't for a meal at Palo.

And I'm sure people have worn ears into the "adult dining" restaurants; those aren't restricted in the policy either.
What? I remember when most wore nice clothes (and long pants for men) at all the meals. Over the years, that seems to have morphed into wearing whatever (including muscle shirts sometimes) into the restaurants. Hope they do not change the dress code for dinners at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter