Dremwvr's Planning Journal - Canceled.

Too funny! My dress opinion was going to be exactly what the others posted! And I agree...pick one of those three for your shower!

I love that hat! I saw it online too and no way would I pay $1200 for it! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

GL with your invites...how frustrating!

This goes along with the Mickey ears/tiara and veil family debate.

I am trying to make this hat
(before Picture)

Into this

I want to wear this but my first challenge is just to make it, since I don't want to spend $1,200 for the real thing. We will have to see how it turns out.

Can you get a spray fabric paint and maybe paint it whit first? That might help. You might also look into the rhinestones my the yard in fabric stores. Might be alot easier to glue strands on, instead of individual crystals?.

Can you get a spray fabric paint and maybe paint it whit first? That might help. You might also look into the rhinestones my the yard in fabric stores. Might be alot easier to glue strands on, instead of individual crystals?.

First off I must say you are like a crafting god. What I wouldn't give for half your talents!

I was going to start with taking a seam ripper and pulling off the disneyland patch. Then spray paint it silver. Possibly get a silver edging to go around the bottom. In the bottom picture you can see a gold edge, I think that somewhat looks odd.

I didn't think about getting rhinestones in the strand. I will definitly have to look into that. I wish you could go to the craft store with me!

First off I must say you are like a crafting god. What I wouldn't give for half your talents!

I was going to start with taking a seam ripper and pulling off the disneyland patch. Then spray paint it silver. Possibly get a silver edging to go around the bottom. In the bottom picture you can see a gold edge, I think that somewhat looks odd.

I didn't think about getting rhinestones in the strand. I will definitly have to look into that. I wish you could go to the craft store with me!

Aw you are too sweet. Oh I would love to go with you and try this project! I agree about the gold on the bottom. I would use silver too. If you went to a place that sells like dance fabrics you might even be able to take off the ears and use a rhinestone fabric then reattach the ears. I know there was a great fabric store in Louisville when I lived in Ky that had that.

I was going to say definitely take off the mickey patch. I don't think you need to paint the hat white or silver, because a black background is best for crystals...it really helps set them off.

Were you planning to do swarovski crystal rhinestones? If you go to www.rhinestoneguy.com you can get them in bulk, it will probably be cheapest. Actually, you can probably get Czech or rhinestoneguy rhinestones. Hotfix rhinestones would probably be the easiest. Get the hotfix rhinestone wand, and it should go relatively quickly.

I hand sequined a baseball cap with my sorority letters on it in college. It came out really well, but took a looooooong time. I'd lean more towards gluing than sewing on individual things.

Hope this helps! I'm a rhinestone/crystal fanatic! My mom and I hand-sewed about 200 or 300 swarovski crystals on my veil...:goodvibes

I was going to say definitely take off the mickey patch. I don't think you need to paint the hat white or silver, because a black background is best for crystals...it really helps set them off.

Were you planning to do swarovski crystal rhinestones? If you go to www.rhinestoneguy.com you can get them in bulk, it will probably be cheapest. Actually, you can probably get Czech or rhinestoneguy rhinestones. Hotfix rhinestones would probably be the easiest. Get the hotfix rhinestone wand, and it should go relatively quickly.

I hand sequined a baseball cap with my sorority letters on it in college. It came out really well, but took a looooooong time. I'd lean more towards gluing than sewing on individual things.

Hope this helps! I'm a rhinestone/crystal fanatic! My mom and I hand-sewed about 200 or 300 swarovski crystals on my veil...:goodvibes

I have never heard of the hotfix wand. Is it easy or hard to use? can I get the rhinestones right up next to each other? Do the rhinestones tend to fall off easy?

I bought a sample from the Rhinestoneguy, or was it the Rhinestoneshop. I needed and idea of how big the rhinestones should be.

Thanks!

This page has the wand, it's the first thing, the Kandy Kane ro something like that:
http://www.rhinestoneguy.com/tools.htm

I've actually never used it, but to my understanding, you heat up the tool, put it on the top of one of the rhinestones, hold the wand vertical (the rhinestone is upside down on it) for a few seconds to melt the glue, then apply to your item. You can put the rhinestones right next to each other. I'd stagger the lines so you don't have any gaps...does that make sense? I'll try to make a diagram for you...

layout.jpg

2 layouts...I'd do the one on the right! The 10ss ro 12ss would be good sizes...you'll need a lot...

good luck! I'm excited for your project!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I can't express how excited I am right now. I just got off the phone with Karen Chandler, a DFTW WDW coordinator and she game me tons of information.

The MK/Epcot photo session is available for anyone. But only available in wedding attire for those who get married at ANY disney resort. So if you get married at Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris, Castaway Cay the option to have a portrait session in your wedding gown is available.

Next question I had was how long after the wedding can I have this session? I had heard 1 year, and was thinking about doing this on my one year anniversary. Karens Reply - You can have the portrait session anytime in your life if you have a DFTW. Many couples come back and have a session later in life at big anniversary marks. But as of right now there is about a 1 and a half year wait for dates, if we wanted a certain date.

So after talking with Karen, I called my mom and she told me that she would be willing to go to WDW in a year (once all the weddings are over this year). Looks like I am going to WDW!!! WOOT!!!!! I am so excited to go to WDW and get my portrait session!!! Its a good day!:woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I can't express how excited I am right now. I just got off the phone with Karen Chandler, a DFTW WDW coordinator and she game me tons of information.

The MK/Epcot photo session is available for anyone. But only available in wedding attire for those who get married at ANY disney resort. So if you get married at Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris, Castaway Cay the option to have a portrait session in your wedding gown is available.

Next question I had was how long after the wedding can I have this session? I had heard 1 year, and was thinking about doing this on my one year anniversary. Karens Reply - You can have the portrait session anytime in your life if you have a DFTW. Many couples come back and have a session later in life at big anniversary marks. But as of right now there is about a 1 and a half year wait for dates, if we wanted a certain date.

So after talking with Karen, I called my mom and she told me that she would be willing to go to WDW in a year (once all the weddings are over this year). Looks like I am going to WDW!!! WOOT!!!!! I am so excited to go to WDW and get my portrait session!!! Its a good day!:woohoo: :woohoo:

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they would let you if you got married at Shades of Green. That is something I really wanted. I am soo happy for you though.

You can have the portrait session anytime in your life if you have a DFTW. Many couples come back and have a session later in life at big anniversary marks.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG we are SO doing this...maybe at our 5 year ;) !!! I have to tell DH!!!!!!!!:yay:

Laura and Cryssi,

Thanks for your comments. Quite often I think you two are the only people who read my planning journal anymore.

I have no idea how I haven't seen your planning journal before today but I just have to say that I love everything you've done. You are incredibly creative! If I would have read this before my wedding I would have had tons more projects on my hands leading up to it. The card/postcard boxes you made are unbelievable! I really wish I would have had them at my wedding. Your reception site is beautiful! I love the koi pond and waterfall behind it. There are so many things that you have done that make me want to do my wedding over. The invitations are great and I am so jealous that you are taking your photographer and guests into the park for photos. Those are going to be amazing! I'm so excited that you're sharing your Disneyland wedding with us. It's really neat to see the differences and new locations that I wasn't aware of before. Good luck with the rest of your planning - I can't wait to see how the crystal mickey hat turns out :thumbsup2.

Laura and Cryssi,

Thanks for your comments. Quite often I think you two are the only people who read my planning journal anymore.

well, you know, I have to give my 2 cents worth and unsolicited advice about DL weddings...:rotfl: I love your journal and hope that I am able to contribute some worthy advice...;)

Laura and Cryssi,

What?!?!?! I'm just a slow reader- doesn't mean I don't read - or that I don't try to steal your ideas;)

I'm simply waiting for the new hat...can't wait to see how it turns out!popcorn::

Laura and Cryssi,

Oh no way!!! I am subscribing, just more of a lurker here...loving it all though! Can't wait to see your crystal creation (ears!)!!!!

Laura and Cryssi,

Another reader here...loving all your ideas so far and can't wait to hear how the rest goes.

Laura and Cryssi,

aaaww, I'm sorry, been swamped with work and some minor dilemma's at home...I've been hovering in the background..enjoying your PJ :surfweb:

and I agree, I wish I had all the creative ideas that Laura does! let us know how the hat comes out :thumbsup2

Michelle :cloud9:

One thing I love is red high heels. So every girl in my wedding party is going to be in red high heels - the flower girl will be in ruby red slippers from the wizard of oz.

Dremwvr - I love you shoes!!! My wedding shoes are red high heels...I figured since it'll be December and I LOVE red, then there wasn't any other choice!!!

My niece is our flower girl and wants to wear ruby slippers but we've not found any. Can you point me in the right direction?

LOVE you planning journal - so much great stuff to read.

Thanks a bunch!
Kim :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter