Dremwvr's Planning Journal - Canceled.

I love all of your ideas...I am going through two of the same issues right now...no one else cares, and no theme...but trust me everything you are doing looks great...I loved the cardboxes...I think I'm gonna look for some for me tomorrow...ok question...my colors are navy, red, and silver...should I make the mickey box one of those or go with black?
Oh! You hand painted the Disney font? IMPRESSIVE! Love your invitations, I'm still looking for the right wording for our annoucement/At Home Reception Invitation.
Congratulations! Good Luck with the rest of your planning, and feel free to vent to us, we understand!

I think if you were to make the cardbox in silver it would look killer!

I have been thinking of making a few extra for other DisBrides Since they are so popular.

Thanks everyone for those heart-warming words of advice. I am glad what I am going through is normal, and I feel much better now. Bad news is this update doesn't have many pictures.

This week started off great. My flutes came in and they are beautiful. the pictures don't do a justice. I was thinking of adding ribbon and/or a little charm.

Update on the invitations - Everything is cut out and pasted. The only thing I have left to do is inking the edges of the insert cards. Almost done what a relief!

Update on Cruise - I ordered a bunch of shore excursions for when I am on the cruise. This is my first cruise and so I am very new to how eveything works. But everytime we go into port, you can do extra activities to enhance your cruise experience. So The day we are in Catalina Island CA, we are going out in a glass bottom boat, and then scuba diving (we are not certified but they have a discovering scuba diving thing where you scuba without a liscense.) It is something we have always wanted to do!
The day we are at Ensenada Mexico, we are doing land activities. First we are taking a bus to La Bufadora (The Blowhole) its thier claim to fame where water shoots up 60-100 feet in the air. Then finishing up the day with a tour of wine country on an ATV.
So much fun, I just can't wait...I don't know what I am excited for more now, the wedding or the cruise! :rotfl2:

Update on Passport - I applied for mine today, should be here by mid to late October. First passport and I don't know if that is a accurate date of when I would be recieving it or not. DF can't apply for a passport since he doesnt have a State/County issued Birth Certificate :scared1: (don't you need that to get married??? What was he thinking?!?) Well he went through the state of CA and they said it would take 12-14 weeks to get here :scared1: :scared1: 12-14 weeks?? and 12-14 weeks for a passport (unless its expitied) There is only 18 weeks before we leave for Disneyland!!!! So I have been searching online about requesting it online the fastest way possible and found VitalChek.com. 3-5 days and its here. WOW. nice. we're back on track!

Newest Frustration - I am down to the wire on ordering my BM dresses. One of my BM had the weight loss surgery, and so we were planning on waiting til the last minute before we ordered the dresses so we could better gage what size she would be. I have until Friday before I am forced to pay a Rush fee, and there is really nothing I can do because I live in WA and she lives in CA.
My other issue, is we can't get a hold of our GM, at all. His phone is disconnected, he doesn't have internet, he recently moved and we don't have his new address to snail mail him. We need to get a hold of him and can't. I don't know what to do. If money is so tight he can't pay to have a phone connected, he should not be paying to be in a wedding so once I get a hold of him, I am thinking of giving him the option to bow out. Not to mention he owes DF money. The money that was going toward my wedding ring, he loaned to his cousin (the MIA GM), with the understanding he would have it in time to order the ring. DF has not recieved a dime back. Which brings another issue; If the MIA GM bows out...who am I going to have fill that spot. I already don't have my dad walking me down the aisle, I don't want an even more uneven group of attendants.
What do I do Disbrides?? I know you all will have the answer, you always do!

Other than that everything is going swimmingly. I made an appointment for my first dress fitting October 8th. Also, through various converstations with my MOH and my mom, sounds like they are starting to plan my bridal shower. Can't wait to see what awesome things those two can plan! One is very into planning the other is very creative, a masterpiece is about to form I can tell already!

Sorry for the novel, hopefully next time there will be a load of pictures to share.

Just so you know. Chris only needed a state issued ID. I needed my birth certificate because I was under 18.

Is that just for flordia? or everywhere? I am getting married at DL (CA) and my officant said I would need a state issued birth record. If I don't need it I will be so relieved. But we still need it for the cruise.

Both parties must appear in person and bring valid picture identification to the County Clerk’s Office to apply for a marriage license in California. Valid picture identification is one that contains a photograph, date of birth, and an issue and expiration date, such as a state issued identification card, drivers license, passport, military identification, etc. Some counties may also require a copy of your birth certificate

This is the requirement. What county are you getting married in?

Both parties must appear in person and bring valid picture identification to the County Clerk’s Office to apply for a marriage license in California. Valid picture identification is one that contains a photograph, date of birth, and an issue and expiration date, such as a state issued identification card, drivers license, passport, military identification, etc. Some counties may also require a copy of your birth certificate

This is the requirement. What county are you getting married in?

Wow, Thanks so much Laura, where did you find this? We are getting married in Orange County, but were talking about getting the marriage liscense when we are down there in October. When we are there in October it will be Los Angeles County

Thanks so much for the help!!

FYI, it's cheaper in Orange County than in LA county. We got our marriage license at the Santa Ana courthouse. It was really easy. We filled out all our information online and printed it out. Went in (no appt.), gave the paperwork and our check. They checked our drivers licenses, didn't need the birth certificates, although we took them anyway. I think we had to take an oath, I don't remember. Gave us our license and away we went...

FYI, it's cheaper in Orange County than in LA county. We got our marriage license at the Santa Ana courthouse. It was really easy. We filled out all our information online and printed it out. Went in (no appt.), gave the paperwork and our check. They checked our drivers licenses, didn't need the birth certificates, although we took them anyway. I think we had to take an oath, I don't remember. Gave us our license and away we went...

Thanks so much for the insider tip! I will make sure to get it in Orange County!

oh, it might only be like $5 or so cheaper...so if it's really going to be out of your way, you might check on it...

Also, if you are getting a confidential marriage license rather than a public one, you have to get it in the county you are getting married in...

Invitations well I have been working on inking the edges of the insert cards. I have come to find that this ink doesn't dry. :confused3 I have never seen anything like this before. I inked a bunch of the inserts let them dry for an hour and a half and then stack them and move on to more inking. Well you can see finger prints by the plenty, and stacking prints. Let me sum it up...They look terrible. So I called DF today, ready to scrap the entire idea and just purchase something I didn't like, so I wouldn't have this issue any more. He said, "when I get home let me try something" Keeping my fingers crossed lets hope it works, now in the mean time I need to re-print all of the cards I have inked since we are not going that route anymore.

Dresses
I went to the Dress Barn and bought three dresses. I am planning on wearing them to my engagement photo session, Rehersal and Rehersal Dinner, and into the park after the ceremony on the wedding day.

What I need advice on is Which dress should I wear for each event.
Here are the dresses. (the photos don't do a justice, possibly later I will put them on and take better pictures.)

Now the only thing I have to worry about what I am wearing is to my Bridal shower!:woohoo:

Needing Crafting Advice
I need your crafting expertise. I want to know the easiest way of glueing rhinestones onto felt. I am afraid if I use glue, it will make that glue ring around the rhinestone and I don't want that. I dont think I can work fast enough for a spray glue, How can I attach these??

i think that they are all pretty. i like dress barn for dresses for such occasions

my opinon would be
1. the red onr for engagment
2. white for into park
3.b/w for rehersal

or you can wear engagment to also the bridal shower or any of them for that matter no one will see pics untill wed is over. just a thought to save some money

good luck they all look great

Your dresses are really pretty. I would wear the red one for the engagement pics, black and white for rehearsal and the white one for the wedding day. Have you tried "Tacky" glue? It's in a brown bottle. I would think that would work the best.

thanks girls Funny how you both came up with the same ideas for where to wear the dresses.

Laura, I didn't even think of that. I will have to try it out and see thanks!

Hahaha that's funny. Can I ask what you are making?

This goes along with the Mickey ears/tiara and veil family debate.

I am trying to make this hat
(before Picture)

Into this

I want to wear this but my first challenge is just to make it, since I don't want to spend $1,200 for the real thing. We will have to see how it turns out.

I love your white dress!

I do too. I first went to try it on with my FMIL went to pick out her dress for the ceremony. I fell in love with it, but didn't know if I should get it for $60.

I went back 2 weeks later with DF (yesterday) and saw it was on 50% of clearance. Actually all the dresses were only $25 each so I couldn't resist!

I know the picture is a little hard to see but there are little flowers on the white dress. and the red is the same cut as the white.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter