Dream vs Wonder

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
What does the Disney Dream have that the Wonder does not have? Why would someone prefer to cruise on the Dream over the Wonder? I am aware of mini-golf, aqua-duck but what else?

Some people prefer the larger Dream Class ships over the Classics.

Dream has true aft-facing balconies.

Dream has the new Beauty and the Beast show. Wonder has Frozen.

Dream has the Crush show in AP.

Dream has Remy.

Dream has the ice cream shop.

Dream has Satellite Falls for adults.

Dream has IMHO the better Rainforest Room as there are hot tubs and the loungers have exterior views.

The Dream has the midship Detective agency game which is a lot of fun. The kids club is full of Star Wars stuff. Has the above mentioned, Aqua duck and mini golf. Pools are slightly bigger maybe but way more crowded due to all the extra people. I guess it is just a personal choice. I prefer the smaller ships over the larger ones but I prefer the Magic over the Wonder. The Wonder does have Tiana's restaurant which we all enjoyed.

The Dream has the midship Detective agency game which is a lot of fun. The kids club is full of Star Wars stuff. Has the above mentioned, Aqua duck and mini golf. Pools are slightly bigger maybe but way more crowded due to all the extra people. I guess it is just a personal choice. I prefer the smaller ships over the larger ones but I prefer the Magic over the Wonder. The Wonder does have Tiana's restaurant which we all enjoyed.

Totally forgot about Midship Detective! LOVE that game!!!!

Tiana's is way better than Enchanted Garden, for sure...

One other thing that I've mentioned often is that Castaway Cay is noticeably less crowded on the classic ships.

It is fresh in my mind as we just got off the Dream Monday. We did it numerous times.

My last time on a Dream Class was the Fantasy in 2016 - but I played all versions multiple times! :D

I cruise in an interior stateroom so I really liked the virtual portholes on the Dream. I sailed on the Wonder after the Dream and I did miss that as I thought it was a great touch of Disney magic.

The Dream has the Infinity game room in the Oceaneers Club (my daughter's favorite thing).

Been on the Dream once, Fantasy 4 times and just got off the Wonder for the 1st time. The Wonder blows away the bigger ships. Everything was better. Less crowds, less stress, much more relaxing. Was surprised how much more we liked the Wonder vs the Dream/Fantasy. The trip to Castaway Cay was awesome with the lower crowds. Everything was better from the Sail Away Party, Pirate Night, anything that is crowded on the Fantasy seemed way better on the Wonder.

We do love the Wonder. Also like the Magic. have never been on the Dream or Fantasy.

We just did our second cruise on the Wonder earlier this month. I absolutely LOVE all the Disney shows on the Wonder, I haven't been on the Dream, but have been on the Fantasy. I would love to see the new Beauty and the Beast show that is on the Dream, I don't know what other shows are on the Dream, but if any of the ones that are on the Fantasy are also on the Dream then I 'd skip them. I've seen Golden Mickeys, Dreams, and Frozen all two times and would gladly see them many more times. I also like the shows in AP better on the Wonder than the ones on the Dream class ships. I didn't notice CC seeming less crowded when we sailed on the Wonder, like others have though. However we sailed on the Fantasy in Jan and it was chilly and overcast when we got to CC, so that may have kept more people on the ship. We probably won't ever sail on the Dream unless it starts doing cruises that are 7nights or longer. I can't talk my dh into doing b2b cruises on the Dream and less than 7 nights is too short for us.

The Wonder has a gyro window out on the pool deck as a quick serve option.

The concierge lounge is nicer on the Wonder. We love the Palo brunch better in the Wonder also as it is a much more open display with lots of windows.

We also like the feeling of being less crowded in the Wonder.

That being said, all the Dream perks are good also. We have been on both boats numerous times and love them both.

The other big difference is the itineraries. The Dream mostly does 3- and 4-night Nassau/CC trips and the Wonder does a wide mix through the winter season, including different starting ports and different ports to visit.

We don't have a favorite after going on all 4, but there is something to be said for the Wonder/Magic being small enough to get around quickly (read relaxed). The Dream/Fantasy are noticeably bigger, but have lots of fun and entertaining activities to do - more than the smaller ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter