Dream Staterooms 9152/9652?

chernabogfamily

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed in either stateroom 9152 or 9652 on the Dream? I can't find a review or photos anywhere. It's one of the new recategorized rooms. It's the new category 7A on the Dream (since they haven't had that category before). I'm just curious what the obstructions or smaller verandah possibly look like.

I haven't but we just booked it for my in-laws this morning on the Fantasy, so I'm subbing in case anyone speaks up.

For those who have asked for it, here's a new indexed picture of the starboard aft part of the Dream:
b9bfaf22.jpg

I also booked this room on the Fantasy and would love to hear reviews.
Here is a picture of the dream with 9652 labeled. It is right next to the Oceanview rooms. You can see it does have a smaller verandah with a little bit of an overhang from the porthole section.

Looks good to me. When I booked, the CM told me that the 7a verandah's have a bench, instead of 2 chairs. He told me he likes the bench better. We are fine with that. Last time we had a verandah, it barely got used.

My only concern is that I believe it is right by the stairs and elevators, so I am hoping there is not a lot of noise from that.

I just moved my dummy booking from Dec 2012 to Oct, 2013. I booked 9152 Cat 7A obstructed verandah. We like the navigator veranda and the Fantasy does not have NV, so I am happy paying a cheaper price for the downgraded cat 5A to cat 7A. The price $2704 for 2A with transfer and insurance was the same price as a my dummy booking cat 8C on the Dream for Dec 1, 2012.

The cabin size and the balcony size are the same size as any other 5A category. The reason it was downgraded is because when you sit out on the balcony there is a curve of the hull about 1/4 to the left or right which might block your sideways view. Straight ahead and down view is not blocked. We are happy to get a great cabin at a reduced rate.

The cabin size and the balcony size are the same size as any other 5A category. The reason it was downgraded is because when you sit out on the balcony there is a curve of the hull about 1/4 to the left or right which might block your sideways view. Straight ahead and down view is not blocked. We are happy to get a great cabin at a reduced rate.

Do you know if these rooms have an upper pull down berth? It allowed me to book 4 people, so I assuming so. However, I want to be sure as the "bunk beds" are important to the kids and don't want a wall pull down.

Thanks!

Do you know if these rooms have an upper pull down berth? It allowed me to book 4 people, so I assuming so. However, I want to be sure as the "bunk beds" are important to the kids and don't want a wall pull down.

Thanks!
This is an old cat 5A that sleeps 4, not a family stateroom that sleeps 5, so your kids would have the couch and a bunk bed right on top. The stateroom host will set up the sleeping arrangements while you are at dinner.

I asked a similar question about the 7A cabins on deck 7. A DIS'er was nice enough to post a link to an obstructed 7A balcony, so I could 'view' how much of an obstruction it really is. So I'm passing along the video that was provided to me here on the DIS boards. It's for cabin 7022, but it will give you an idea of the slightly obstructed balcony views for the 7A cabins.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PassPorterGuides#p/search/0/aQhvwxHacLQ

Thanks to the original poster for taking this video! :thumbsup2

This is an old cat 5A that sleeps 4, not a family stateroom that sleeps 5, so your kids would have the couch and a bunk bed right on top. The stateroom host will set up the sleeping arrangements while you are at dinner.

I asked a similar question about the 7A cabins on deck 7. A DIS'er was nice enough to post a link to an obstructed 7A balcony, so I could 'view' how much of an obstruction it really is. So I'm passing along the video that was provided to me here on the DIS boards. It's for cabin 7022, but it will give you an idea of the slightly obstructed balcony views for the 7A cabins.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PassPorterGuides#p/search/0/aQhvwxHacLQ

Thank you both for the information. The savings was definitley worth it to me and I am very happy with the room type/category. Time to obsess about something else... ;)

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has stayed in these cabins yet. We have booked 9152 for next year. Specifically, I would like to know if you enjoyed the veranda despite the overhang, if the noise from the stairs was a problem, and if there was a lot of vibration from the engines. :confused3

Another bump...I am booked for 9652 on the Dream in Sept. Really worried about noise from the elevators/ppl congregating in front of our door.

Thank you for your replies :)

Going to give this another bump. I too am curious about noise from being close to the stairs.

Another bump...I am booked for 9652 on the Dream in Sept. Really worried about noise from the elevators/ppl congregating in front of our door.

Thank you for your replies :)

The stairs and elevators will sort of be "around the corner" ... we had 7168 last year and it's not like you open your door and people are standing there for the elevators ... your door opens into a hallway and you go down and around to get to the stairs/elevators. We never heard any noise from that area.

We are in 9152 next August 10th Eastern Caribbean so I've been watching for any stateroom reports, but haven't seen anything specific yet. :confused3

I already have an idea of what my "obstruction" looks like and I'm fine with it, but pictures from actual people would certainly ease my mind! Anyone???

I also booked this room on the Fantasy and would love to hear reviews.
Here is a picture of the dream with 9652 labeled. It is right next to the Oceanview rooms. You can see it does have a smaller verandah with a little bit of an overhang from the porthole section.

Looks good to me. When I booked, the CM told me that the 7a verandah's have a bench, instead of 2 chairs. He told me he likes the bench better. We are fine with that. Last time we had a verandah, it barely got used.

My only concern is that I believe it is right by the stairs and elevators, so I am hoping there is not a lot of noise from that.
I think he's confused. On the classic ships the cat 7s have a bench. On the Dream/Fantasy, they are simply obstructed view, as pp mentioned it's due to the way the outer metal curves around. If you look at the photo the obstruction would be lesser on lower floors.

Thanks!
To get a murphy bed with a verandah, you'd have to be in cat 4D or better.(or with a window in cat 8s. as these all have a slightly larger cabin size.) On our recent Fantasy cruise, we had a 4D and had a choice of upper bunk, sofa or murphy bed. It's a pita that the murphy blocks our path to the verandah door but ds15 says it's longer and more comfortable than the sofabed or pull down.

Thanks for the video, we booked 9164 on the Dream and this made me feel better. Can not wait as this will be our first ever cruise!!!

It's been a while, so I am bumping again. Would love to hear feedback on these rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter