Drawing (animation) class for free?

Art of animation near where guests check in they do the free drawing class a few times a day.
My friend and I were the only adults there! Haha.
We drew the Tweedle brothers... very badly!

They were at 11am 2pm and 5pm this past summer and you don't have to sign up in advance. Just show up.:)

This is great news. I have every drawing over the years (multiple visits each trip) from both WDW and DCA from all of our family, each is dated and you can see my kids grow up in the drawings. A few years ago we bought 2 large art holding books and now they lay out on my coffee table for everyone to see. We were sad when we heard the news the class was leaving WDW and also the option to do it at DisneyQuest (though for an additional fee). DCA, however, renovated the building with the drawing class so it appears it will remain there, they also post a sign on the sidewalk of each session time and who will be drawn so we could actually pick and choose when to come and complete sets.

I asked my kids "without prompting or reminders, what would you like to do this summer on our trip to WDW?" Drawing class was mentioned with a "but its not there" soon to follow. I hope to surprise them with this this summer (harder now that they're teens), since I didn't know 'til today it was an option. I will add it in to the "rest day" itinerary with a trip over to AoA. Thanks for posting!

We are maybe doing a last minute quick non-parks trip at the end of the month. We will not be staying on property and I have read in a few places online it is for Disney resort guests. What about if you are staying off property? Also, if it is open to us, will we have any problem with getting in and parking at AoA? (I know a lot of parking things have changed since we were there last.)

We are maybe doing a last minute quick non-parks trip at the end of the month. We will not be staying on property and I have read in a few places online it is for Disney resort guests. What about if you are staying off property? Also, if it is open to us, will we have any problem with getting in and parking at AoA? (I know a lot of parking things have changed since we were there last.)
It is for anyone. You don't have to be staying on property. Parking will be fine...just tell them what you're doing...just like parking when you are eating at a resort restaurant. I'd like to do this in November...anyone know if it's still the same times?

It is for anyone. You don't have to be staying on property. Parking will be fine...just tell them what you're doing...just like parking when you are eating at a resort restaurant. I'd like to do this in November...anyone know if it's still the same times?
Same times. We did it last week. :)

I'm sad that this is no longer at DHS. We went every single time and I have all of my drawings we did throughout the years. It was a nice, relaxing break and you got a free souvenir from your trip!

It was part of my YES Animation tour we gave. I remembered they trained us to draw Goofy in case the animator wasn't there. I just crossed my fingers and the animator was always there. Lol :goofy:I did get one animator to draw me Bambi on the last day of my advanced internship.

I am sad that they no longer do this in that building. Does that movie still play somewhere else? No matter how many times I saw it I enjoyed it. It really seems like Disney is moving away from the education piece in the park. Between making the Animation Academy into a meet and greet and getting rid of the sound stages and the backlot tour it seems the focus has shifted. :confused3 I've always enjoyed the learning piece in the parks. I love to show people that learning can be fun and exciting. I know growing up I didn't learn history by just reading a book. My parents took us to all the educational places. (Both parents were teachers and dad was a social studies teacher.)I feel like this piece is missing now in DHS and Epcot.

I wonder if this will get busier when the gondolas go into service. It will be easier, and I must say, probably much more fun, to get to AoA from several resorts.....

What a bummer! I didn't realize ... thanks for letting me know!
There's more than just meet and greets. There's a short SW related movie. There are SW movie items on display. The Stormtroopers patrol the building, interacting with guests and it's where the SW dessert party takes place nightly. If you're SW fan, it's a must do.

...It really seems like Disney is moving away from the education piece in the park. Between making the Animation Academy into a meet and greet and getting rid of the sound stages and the backlot tour it seems the focus has shifted. :confused3 I've always enjoyed the learning piece in the parks. I love to show people that learning can be fun and exciting. I know growing up I didn't learn history by just reading a book. My parents took us to all the educational places. (Both parents were teachers and dad was a social studies teacher.)I feel like this piece is missing now in DHS and Epcot.

Me too! I miss that focus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter