Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Great start at AK!!!

I have never seen the Christmas tree in person, but from the pictures I have seen, the decorations are my favorite.

Your pictures from the safari are spectacular!!! You got some great shots of the lion and I'm jealous that you got to hear him roar (even if it was not impressive)

fter we turned the corner of the Lion area. The lion had gotten up and opened his mouth...

img_1072jpg-jpg.294798

"I'm working on my ROAR!"

"Thus far, a rather unispiring thing"

:simba:

I enjoyed reading your review of Tiffins. There are so many incredible dining experiences in and around Animal Kingdom. I love the exotic choices.

Amazing pictures of the Lion King show. The singers and their costumes are so colorful. Awesome action shots of the fire handler.

Congrats on the 5K- Is the 5K always in EPCOT? There were some great character opportunities, but I understand not stopping.

:cheer2:

Thanks! The 5K is always Epcot except for wine and dine weekend when it’s in AK.

Great start at AK!!!

I have never seen the Christmas tree in person, but from the pictures I have seen, the decorations are my favorite.

Your pictures from the safari are spectacular!!! You got some great shots of the lion and I'm jealous that you got to hear him roar (even if it was not impressive)

"I'm working on my ROAR!"

"Thus far, a rather unispiring thing"

:simba:

The AK Christmas tree is great!

Keep working on that roar ;)

I enjoyed reading your review of Tiffins. There are so many incredible dining experiences in and around Animal Kingdom. I love the exotic choices.

Amazing pictures of the Lion King show. The singers and their costumes are so colorful. Awesome action shots of the fire handler.

Tiffins is one of my favorites now.

Yes I was very pleased with my fire shots. I think those are the best I’ve ever gotten.

Love all the group shots and running down Main Street and through MK must have been awesome
Great pic with Woody and Bullseye

I know I keep saying this, but it remains true- your photos are amazing. Love the shots you captured of ROL!!!

We had the preshow storytellers come through the audience when we were there in October.

I am not blown away by the show. We did not have reservations for the show, so we were waiting in the stands for about an hour. I'd see the show again, but not if I had to go out of my way, or wait that long again.

::yes::

Congrats on braving a taxi and an Uber!

:thumbsup2

You had a fantastic running outfit for the 10K!

I loved your recap of the course and the characters that were at various photo op stops.

:sad1: about missing the picture with the old hag.

Congrats, once again!

The park had just opened not too long ago so it was still pretty quiet. We decided to head for Big Thunder Mountain first thing. MK did have early extra magic hours that morning but Big Thunder didn't open early for some reason so there was a back up of people when we arrived.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think BTM was one of the attractions opened for EMH. I think there are only a few lands open in that first hour- Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Not sure about NFL or Adventureland. We typically hit Mine Train or Peter Pan, sometimes Space Mountain, during the bonus time.

Wow! I don't think I have ever seen the winter BTM CM costumes!

THAT.LOOKS.AMAZING!!!

It truly was an incredibly experience and I cannot wait for Galaxy's Edge.

Love this ringing endorsement. I had no idea this Star Wars VR experience existed. I haven't been following the Star Wars land news- sorry- is there something similar planned for HS?

I took the Beach Club bus from Disney Springs which for some reason took a very long time.

Have you not seen my warning on the FAQ thread? The return trip from Disney Springs to the Beach Club (and I think to most resorts) is horrid. This is where Uber or other methods of transport is worth every penny!

Our chef made an Olaf for us while singing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman.

img_1914jpg-jpg.296538

That is a riot!

I have eaten at a lot of these hibachi-style places. It has been years since we ate at Teppan Edo (2004, I believe), so well before Frozen.

Did the chef flame poor Olaf and make the typical onion volcano?

:eek:

I agree with you about Living with the Land- great attraction!

What is shocking you here?

Great night at EPCOT.

That was smart of you to bail on Spaceship Earth so you could get some rest. You had a busy day ahead of you!

:cat:

Then a really cool part of the weekend. EAR FORCE ONE! The Mickey hot air balloon hasn't been seen out in years but they brought it out for the half which was really cool!

img_2002jpg-jpg.297237

Cool! I haven't seen this before.

I love the Little Green Aliens theme for your running group!

I can only imagine how magical it is to run on Main Street and glimpse the castle.

I'm glad you met up so many of the runners from Team Shenanigans and got some fun group pictures!

Congrats, AGAIN!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Did you try calling Photopass support about your missing photos? Sometimes that helps, sometimes not, but I don't think it is too late.

:goodvibes

Yes I had someone look for the photos after the fact and they couldn't be located :(

This spews? I didn't know! Steam, water or something else?

:scared:

Steam and a mist typically come out the top.

I know I keep saying this, but it remains true- your photos are amazing. Love the shots you captured of ROL!!!

We had the preshow storytellers come through the audience when we were there in October.

I am not blown away by the show. We did not have reservations for the show, so we were waiting in the stands for about an hour. I'd see the show again, but not if I had to go out of my way, or wait that long again.

Congrats on braving a taxi and an Uber!

:thumbsup2

Yeah I wouldn't wait an hour for the show. I'd either do the package or get a FP if I want to see it.

You had a fantastic running outfit for the 10K!

I loved your recap of the course and the characters that were at various photo op stops.

:sad1: about missing the picture with the old hag.

Congrats, once again!

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I didn't think BTM was one of the attractions opened for EMH. I think there are only a few lands open in that first hour- Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Not sure about NFL or Adventureland. We typically hit Mine Train or Peter Pan, sometimes Space Mountain, during the bonus time.

Wow! I don't think I have ever seen the winter BTM CM costumes!

THAT.LOOKS.AMAZING!!!

You are right, BTMRR doesn't open for EMH but I didn't know that because I haven't done early EMH in a long time.

Love this ringing endorsement. I had no idea this Star Wars VR experience existed. I haven't been following the Star Wars land news- sorry- is there something similar planned for HS?

Have you not seen my warning on the FAQ thread? The return trip from Disney Springs to the Beach Club (and I think to most resorts) is horrid. This is where Uber or other methods of transport is worth every penny!

That is a riot!

I have eaten at a lot of these hibachi-style places. It has been years since we ate at Teppan Edo (2004, I believe), so well before Frozen.

Did the chef flame poor Olaf and make the typical onion volcano?

:eek:

There isn't something planned for Star Wars land at this time. The land will have a simulator ride t fly the millennium falcon though.

I must have missed those warnings! I will remember that for the future.

The chef did make a volcano out of Olaf...

I agree with you about Living with the Land- great attraction!

What is shocking you here?

Great night at EPCOT.

That was smart of you to bail on Spaceship Earth so you could get some rest. You had a busy day ahead of you!

:cat:

Nothing shocking just trying to be funny ;)

Cool! I haven't seen this before.

I love the Little Green Aliens theme for your running group!

I can only imagine how magical it is to run on Main Street and glimpse the castle.

I'm glad you met up so many of the runners from Team Shenanigans and got some fun group pictures!

Congrats, AGAIN!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks it was a lot of fun!

I did something I have never done at WDW before...

Everyone else was already out and about. They started their morning at which ever park had early EMH. I met them at DHS after getting showered up. We watched the Star Wars March first.

IMG_2036JPG.jpg

IMG_2038JPG.jpg

As a big Star Wars fan I love these added things at DHS and can't wait until Galaxy's Edge opens.

After that it was time to head to Toy Story Mania! The Green Army Men were out and about.

IMG_2044JPG.jpg

For those going anytime soon the entire TSMM queue is walled off and the current queue is all outdoors. You enter in through the exit area of the attraction vs. the entrance. Waits are also higher as the third track is closed. This is all in preparation for Toy Story Land where you will enter from the land once that opens.

After that it was nearing lunch time already and we headed to PizzeRizzo. This was my first time heading there since it changed themes. I know many complain about the pizza there but I don't find it that bad. Its not the best but it is not as bad as some make it out to be. While in line I saw @Disney at Heart and her husband. We joked this was the first time we have seen each other in normal clothes not running clothes!

After eating some Pizza it was decided I would head back for a nap... A NAP!!!! I never nap. Seriously never. Especially at Disney I love to go go go. However I was really feeling the loss of sleep and this was needed. The rest of my group would head off to do our ToT FP and I would ride Star Tours before heading out. Star Tours was at 40 minutes. I probably waited 35. I really wanted to see the new scenes and this ended up being the only day we went to DHS. I really liked the new scenes and it got me more excited for Galaxy's Edge.

On my way out I had to stop by at Echo Lake and check out the new Christmas decor. I really love what they had done with the area and the tree this year.

IMG_2057JPG.jpg

IMG_2059JPG.jpg

IMG_2060JPG.jpg

IMG_2061JPG.jpg

IMG_2062JPG.jpg

Before leaving I stopped in Starbucks for the DHS themed tumbler. Then it was off to bed...

Up Next: A peaceful dinner before the Full...

A peaceful dinner before the Full...

I don't even know what time it was but I was awoken by a phone call. My group was in Epcot and waking me up for dinner. I was happy they did so I had some food in me before the full. I also had a knock at the door from a maintenance CM who was going to fix the heat. I told him I was just about to leave.

Arrived at Epcot and headed right for Le Cellier. This is a favorite of the people I was with.

IMG_2082JPG.jpg

Poutine and Bread for starters...

IMG_2083JPG.jpg

And of course a Filet Mignon...

IMG_2085JPG.jpg

After that I headed right back to Bay Lake Tower to get ready for the Full. I was surprisingly still really tired.

IMG_2086JPG.jpg

IMG_2087JPG.jpg

A whole monorail car to myself!

IMG_2091JPG.jpg

I was told Peter Pan would be meeting for a short time at BLT by a friend so I rushed over to see if I could catch him. Low and behold I get off the elevator and there he was with his character attendant who I happened to know and is a good friend of @hiroMYhero

IMG_2092.jpg

After meeting Peter it was off to bed. Tomorrow is the big day, and what I had been training forever for.

Up Next: It's Marathon Time People!

Love the decorations in Echo Lake. Is the new movie staying at Star Tours or is it going to change again when SW:GE opens? I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere on the Dis but I may have missed it...

A nap? Welcome to adulthood;) it happens from time to time. But seriously, the fact you can run all of those miles AND still hit the parks hard is super impressive, even if a nap is way out of your norm.

Never tried Le Cellier but that filet looks pretty good.

Peter Pan meets at a resort? Is that because of one of the pirate cruises that leaves from there? I didn’t know he met at any resorts. That’s pretty cool.

Love the decorations in Echo Lake. Is the new movie staying at Star Tours or is it going to change again when SW:GE opens? I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere on the Dis but I may have missed it...

A nap? Welcome to adulthood;) it happens from time to time. But seriously, the fact you can run all of those miles AND still hit the parks hard is super impressive, even if a nap is way out of your norm.

Never tried Le Cellier but that filet looks pretty good.

Peter Pan meets at a resort? Is that because of one of the pirate cruises that leaves from there? I didn’t know he met at any resorts. That’s pretty cool.
The scenes in Star Tours change randomly when they have it turned on. Right now its only showing the new scenes to promote the new film. Once SWGE opens Star Tours is supposed to go away and be rethemed.

I am definitely in the minority when it comes to naps especially as a college student but I just don't like to usually.

Le Cellier is very good. I would like to try other steak places on property to compare though.

It was a random meet because it was too cold during Pirates and Pals boat cruise. It isn't a regular thing.

Le Cellier is a favorite of mine. The filet mignon is a great choice and nothing beats dipping the pretzel bread into there cheddar cheese soup. How was the Poutine? I've never had it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter