Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

I vote for the yacht club! That seems like it would be such a nice reception and the Grand having a private balcony would be perfect! and a customize menu is a nice touch! and its totally normal to over think planning!!! I did it the whole way through just try not to stress or over think it, its your day make it what you and your DF want and everything else will fall into place :goodvibes

Ok, so I have been looking at another forum for Disney wedding ideas. And someone on there had a full blown report of having a private reception for an anniversary gathering right in their DVC villa.
And also on Carrie's Wedding Podcast I was listening to some other Memories/Escape brides do something similar.
This couple were staying at BLT, had Private Dining from the Contemporary deliver & set up food & it was for a party of about 10 people under $300.

I think I would really love to spend some quality quiet time with my family right after our ceremony, and this just sounds like a more appealing thing to me. And I can still have our traditional 1st dance & toasts.
And if it's in the afternoon, then we can do a light dinner, and still book the fireworks cruise & have dessert back at our room or still just do the small desserts on the boat.
Plus I'm not going to have to stress about booking ADR's, and worry if our table would be ready and then dealing with crazy crowds, transportation blah blah blah.
And I can just do a nice steak dinner at Yachtsman for just Kevin & I at some other point in the trip.

Someone also on there did a special event at the Top of the World Lounge at the BLT. Holy wow! Now, I think that is a little over the top for Kevin & I. But talk about an incredible event!
But from what other reviews I read, sounds like that DVC/BLT is cracking down on having events here. I think it's supposed to be an open thing for just DVC members. Which, honestly, as it should. So not sure if they
are going to allow anything more there. Doesn't hurt to ask someone.

I'm just joining in now and have read through all of your plans. Here are my thoughts so far.

1. You need to do whatever type of ceremony makes you happy! If you would prefer that your extended family not come ( i know you mentioned you haven't been close since your mothers passing) then a Disney wedding may be the best way to go - this avoids people feeling as though they were not invited when it was local. If you are finding that the prices are very similar and you are not wanting to be running back and forth with vendors, then don't do it. This day is about you and Kevin and you should have exactly what you guys want. PLUS, you get a vacation out of your wedding this way ;)....just saying haha.

My DF and I decided to have an at home wedding as we have had some major family changes lately and because of them we really wanted to bring everyone together for this special occasion. In addition, my grandparents were huge supporters of me my whole life and were a big part in my upbringing. Due to their age, they wouldn't be able to fly. Also DF's Nonna is 99 years old so no way she would be flying! I am SO happy that this is route we decided to take and I wouldn't change it now, you are right. My life outside of work revolves around planning, DIY, vendor meetings, ect. It is exhausting haha, but I am really enjoying it. AND in doing an at home wedding, we still managed to book a WDW Honeymoon, leaving a couple of days after the wedding. Best of both worlds as I see it. ** I'm just trying to give you some information on how we made our decision. I hope this is helpful!*

2. You have some really nice ideas! I love that you want to keep it intimate, it will be so special that way AND you can stretch your budget to do more of the things that you wanted to do with those who are truly important to you! Remember, at the end of the day, no one will remember exactly what you did, what people wore or how much anything cost...they will remember the fun, laughter and love shared by those who experienced it.

3. I absolutely LOVE that you are debating going to Hoop Dee Doo for your dinner. I freaking LOVE that show and it is something so different - I hear of a lot of weddings going to this dinner show as their welcoming or rehearsal dinner, but not typical for their wedding dinner. I love that you are who you are. DF and I have already booked this dinner show for our honeymoon - haha not really romantic, but we love to laugh and just enjoy each others company. You seem like you're on that same page. On the opposite side, something more "romantic" like Cali Grill or Yachtsman would be an amazing experience and delicious food. In order to choose, I think you need to decide what kind of day you want to have and what best suits that image and the guests you will have.

4. Your lace dress is so beautiful! You do need some alternations and I would 100% take up the length so you have that flirty country gal thing going on. But it will come together once its fitted for you! Please don't be so down on yourself for your weight, you will look stunning no matter what! Those cowboy boots are fantastic! I love that you went with something a bit more fun with the stitching. I think it adds a bit more femininity to them, which is perfect for this kind of event.

5. I like the no jackt, but vest idea you have for Kevin. I do like image number 2 better. Just from reading your PJ, it seems as though you guys are more laid back and comfortable people, so why not take that idea and "class" it up a bit for a wedding. This way you are a bit more "formal" (dare I say it haha) than you would be normally, but totally still yourselves.

I can't wait to read more!

I just got caught up! You have a lot of good options/ideas considered for dining after the ceremony. Personally, I think you should choose what works best for you while keeping your guests' personalities/preferences in mind. For example, more laid-back crowd would probably like private dining in your villa over somewhere nicer likes Yachtsman. At the end of the day though, it's really about you and Kevin. :thumbsup2

I love the idea of a fireworks cruise! That seems like such a great way to end the night with a unique Disney touch.

Ok, so I have been looking at another forum for Disney wedding ideas. And someone on there had a full blown report of having a private reception for an anniversary gathering right in their DVC villa.
And also on Carrie's Wedding Podcast I was listening to some other Memories/Escape brides do something similar.
This couple were staying at BLT, had Private Dining from the Contemporary deliver & set up food & it was for a party of about 10 people under $300.

I think I would really love to spend some quality quiet time with my family right after our ceremony, and this just sounds like a more appealing thing to me. And I can still have our traditional 1st dance & toasts.
And if it's in the afternoon, then we can do a light dinner, and still book the fireworks cruise & have dessert back at our room or still just do the small desserts on the boat.
Plus I'm not going to have to stress about booking ADR's, and worry if our table would be ready and then dealing with crazy crowds, transportation blah blah blah.
And I can just do a nice steak dinner at Yachtsman for just Kevin & I at some other point in the trip.

Someone also on there did a special event at the Top of the World Lounge at the BLT. Holy wow! Now, I think that is a little over the top for Kevin & I. But talk about an incredible event!
But from what other reviews I read, sounds like that DVC/BLT is cracking down on having events here. I think it's supposed to be an open thing for just DVC members. Which, honestly, as it should. So not sure if they
are going to allow anything more there. Doesn't hurt to ask someone.

I think that an laid back in room celebration sounds like a great idea. That is what I was planning to do originally for my vow renewal. Sound like a great way to save some money too and you be able to personalize it to your liking.

Thank you ladies, you are so sweet & supportive! :lovestruc
Everything is starting to at least look like it will come together. I know it will, I'm just frustrated with the waiting period. But it has to happen, right?

My husband told me this, "...if they want to be there, they will be there and they will find a way to make it there." He told me that this is OUR day (gee sounds a lot like what everyone else here is saying LOL) & whether it's just us or everyone else as well, it's going to be a beautiful day & we will have everything that we want. He just wants to know how much the bill is going to be in the end. LOL

No it's fine. I am starting to come to grips with it. It sucks. It sucks that my own family couldn't be bothered to come to my baby shower. And now they can't be bothered to come to my wedding. Even if it was at home, they wouldn't come. They're just a Facebook family really now. So sad. I think my son telling me that he would walk me down the aisle has made some difference. He's lightening up to the idea & that just means so much to me.

Yes, that dress does need some hemming. But I'm going to wait further out. Kevin likes it. He definitely doesn't want me to wear it as my wedding gown though. And today I got his ring size. I'm going to try & surprise him with a new titanium wedding ring, maybe with some rose gold inlay if it's not too expensive.

I LOVE those boots! My husband laughs at me now, because when he was home we went out for dinner & I was prancing down the steps with them on. Every chance I get to wear those bad boys I wear them!
Right now we are trying to figure out his boots issue. The lovely manager at the store we bought them at has been exceptional. Now I just need to get Kevin to figure out what he wants. I swear he's worse then a woman sometimes LOL

I agree Alexsandra. I think the in room is going to be best. So now I have to figure out which resort & start thinking about some in room ideas & stuff. And I think tying the fireworks cruise will make a great night ending. And I like the idea that its on a boat & no one has to deal with crowds.

SEIA!! You're back already??!! I saw your journal....ahhh!! So pretty!!! YOU'RE MARRIED NOW!!!!! :woohoo:

i am dreaming of a vow renewal in a few years so i love all the information you are sharing.
very happy to be following along now.

If you are going to do your celebration in-room, have you thought about a DVC suite, maybe at BLT? Then you'd be close to your ceremony site, and have the kitchen space!

i am dreaming of a vow renewal in a few years so i love all the information you are sharing.
very happy to be following along now.

Thank you! Hope some of it helps. I bought Carrie's passporter book, even though it covers all 3 of Disney's wedding packages, it still has a lot of good information. Plus reading all the planning
journals (even those that are not renewals) have helped. Lots of information & ideas to make it special.

If you are going to do your celebration in-room, have you thought about a DVC suite, maybe at BLT? Then you'd be close to your ceremony site, and have the kitchen space!

We are actually going to DVC. I'm just trying to figure out which resort now. I know I'm going to do the 1 bedroom for the space. I have thought about BLT, I actually did the DVC tour the last time I was there, and loved it.
I stayed at the Contemp that trip, and loved the rooms, the decor, and just the easy way of getting around. (And being able to WALK back from Magic Kingdom!) And yea, Wilderness Lodge Villas & the Bay Lake Towers are close to the ceremony site. (I wonder if I could take a Friendship boat from BLT to the ceremony???)
I need to think about which park(s) we will be spending most of our time at too, so if we visit Epcot a lot, then I'd want to stay at Epcot. If we do Magic Kingdom, then of course BLT or WL. Kevin is adament about having a rental vehicle for the trip, so I think even if I book at Old Key West or Animal Kingdom, we will at least have a vehicle to get around if we didn't want to use the buses. This is the frustrating part LOL Although, Beach Club, Yacht Club & Boardwalk DVC are about to get overhauled, so staying in a brand new room would be lovely! Plus the food options at the Boardwalk area are nice.

Back from the beach! Had a good time. Alex wasn't too sure of the sand & the ocean waves though but he had a good time.
I don't want to have any kind of seafood dishes for a while now LOL I'll try to get pictures posted soon.

Since the month of May has now almost come to an end, I need to get my butt in gear on looking for a gown, getting the resort booked for the trip....
And catching up with everyone's planning journals. And getting on track with dieting/losing weight. Seeing myself in shorts did not make me feel good about myself.
And a bathing suit, ugh.

So I had to go to the jewelry store to get my "pretty things" (as Kevin calls them) that he gave me at Christmas checked & stuff for the warranty.
While I was there waiting, I happened to be browsing (yea what chick doesn't?!) and saw the ring to my set. And I HAD to try it on. I actually didn't think it had a ring to it.
So here it is:

my ring.jpg

Soooooo OF COURSE I texted him and asked if we could get it for my actual engagement & wedding ring. It was on sale too. And he said, "well, I only got that card so I could get you something really nice for Christmas. The necklace and earrings are almost paid off and I was gonna cut the card....." So I left with my sad face hanging low and mopey. Pitiful.
Then later on that evening he texted me and said "go ahead and get it. I can't say no you're my baby". I about cried
So tomorrow I will be heading back to the mall to get my ring!! :banana: :banana:

And here's Little Boo Boo at the beach:

copy (480x640).jpg copy 2 (480x640).jpg

He didn't quite know what to make of the sand. And was a little nervous with the waves. Water was a bit cold too. So we sat on the blanket & played. The second shot is at the Aquarium in Outerbanks. He was amazed and loved the tanks. I just love that expression on his face. He just loved watching all the fish and sharks. So Living Seas Pavillion is going to be a must when we go!

So now, I get to do a little bride shopping since I'm still fighting with myself over where to stay. I have a feeling I might just end up booking Old Key West. Still debating. GRRRRR

So I had to go to the jewelry store to get my "pretty things" (as Kevin calls them) that he gave me at Christmas checked & stuff for the warranty.
While I was there waiting, I happened to be browsing (yea what chick doesn't?!) and saw the ring to my set. And I HAD to try it on. I actually didn't think it had a ring to it.
So here it is:

Soooooo OF COURSE I texted him and asked if we could get it for my actual engagement & wedding ring. It was on sale too. And he said, "well, I only got that card so I could get you something really nice for Christmas. The necklace and earrings are almost paid off and I was gonna cut the card....." So I left with my sad face hanging low and mopey. Pitiful.
Then later on that evening he texted me and said "go ahead and get it. I can't say no you're my baby". I about cried
So tomorrow I will be heading back to the mall to get my ring!! :banana: :banana:

He didn't quite know what to make of the sand. And was a little nervous with the waves. Water was a bit cold too. So we sat on the blanket & played. The second shot is at the Aquarium in Outerbanks. He was amazed and loved the tanks. I just love that expression on his face. He just loved watching all the fish and sharks. So Living Seas Pavillion is going to be a must when we go!

So now, I get to do a little bride shopping since I'm still fighting with myself over where to stay. I have a feeling I might just end up booking Old Key West. Still debating. GRRRRR

Oh, oh your ring is gorgeous!! I'm so excited that you're going to get it! And the picture with the aquarium is adorable. :)

It's tough deciding where to stay. For pure convenience, I would say BLT, BW, or BC. But OKW is generally cheaper, has bigger studios, and generally more availability. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! But... Epcot area resorts would generally be my personal preference since they're so convenient to TWO parks. :)

OKW is also more laid back as well, which might be good for Kevin & the baby. Still trying to weigh out my options. Might end up doing BLT or WLV because of the baby, we might be spending a good bit of time at Magic Kingdom.
Who would have thought that choosing a hotel would be this difficult. I mean seriously, c'mon.

Thank you on my ring. I'm so happy. It had to be sized, but I get it back on the 16th. I'm so happy.

Edit: I broke down and sent an interest to Root Photography. I just keep having a heavy heart on how we don't have any photos from when we actually got married and it just still upsets me. And just reading about the mixed reviews and inconsistencies of the Disney Photography, the last thing I want is to have horrible photos. I know the photography is included in the package, but I really want those special memories. And I just don't know if they will capture everything. Hopefully I can swing it in the budget. :sad1:

OK, did some more fun stuff! I went shopping tonight!! Ok, so Pic #1 is the ensemble and I just realized my hand moved and the pictures are all blurry. Sorry. I'll try to get better ones. I bought Kevin's
Wedding day outfit. Although Mr. Picky is already complaining about the jeans being too dark. So they may end up going back. But I asked him to at least humor me. The 2nd pic are the 2 ties I bought. I absolutely
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paisley one. (The dress shirt is white, the picture makes it look cream, but it's not, it's white) And I picked out a striped one just because I liked it.l

20150530_191954_resized.jpg 20150530_192425_resized.jpg

And here I tried to get close ups of the shirt, vest & ties. The vest is a dark navy with a gray back. Holy cow, I take horrible pictures!

20150530_192011_resized.jpg 20150530_192102_resized.jpg

And as a surprise, I bought Kevin his wedding ring in rose gold. I know he won't wear this everyday, but it had a great sale and he needs his own "pretty things" LOL

20150530_192537_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Love your ring, and his! So super pretty!

I think his outfit will be great - love the colors of everything together.

I agree completelty with needing to use an outside photographer. While I have seen some great Disney pictures, I just can't justified the cost for adding time and the disc.

So here it is:

View attachment 99800

View attachment 99811 View attachment 99812

Oh, your little one is so cute! And I love your ring. Wow, you did well to get it it is stunning!

OKW is also more laid back as well, which might be good for Kevin & the baby. Still trying to weigh out my options. Might end up doing BLT or WLV because of the baby, we might be spending a good bit of time at Magic Kingdom.
Who would have thought that choosing a hotel would be this difficult. I mean seriously, c'mon.

Thank you on my ring. I'm so happy. It had to be sized, but I get it back on the 16th. I'm so happy.

Edit: I broke down and sent an interest to Root Photography. I just keep having a heavy heart on how we don't have any photos from when we actually got married and it just still upsets me. And just reading about the mixed reviews and inconsistencies of the Disney Photography, the last thing I want is to have horrible photos. I know the photography is included in the package, but I really want those special memories. And I just don't know if they will capture everything. Hopefully I can swing it in the budget. :sad1:

OK, did some more fun stuff! I went shopping tonight!! Ok, so Pic #1 is the ensemble and I just realized my hand moved and the pictures are all blurry. Sorry. I'll try to get better ones. I bought Kevin's
Wedding day outfit. Although Mr. Picky is already complaining about the jeans being too dark. So they may end up going back. But I asked him to at least humor me. The 2nd pic are the 2 ties I bought. I absolutely
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paisley one. (The dress shirt is white, the picture makes it look cream, but it's not, it's white) And I picked out a striped one just because I liked it.l

View attachment 99932 View attachment 99933

And here I tried to get close ups of the shirt, vest & ties. The vest is a dark navy with a gray back. Holy cow, I take horrible pictures!

View attachment 99935 View attachment 99936

And as a surprise, I bought Kevin his wedding ring in rose gold. I know he won't wear this everyday, but it had a great sale and he needs his own "pretty things" LOL

View attachment 99939

Very cute ensemble. Love the vest shirt and tie. I actually like the paisley tie too which surprised me because I am a "stripped" kind-a-gal.
Ok I will be totally honest here and you can ignore my next comment because this is your wedding day not mine but I have to agree with your husband on the jeans. I actually like the outfit with jeans but the shade of blue jeans you chose seems wrong with the vest and tie. It isn't that they are too dark, it is that they have a yellowish tint to them and the blue colour in the ties are a cooler shade so the jeans should be a cooler shade of blue.
Don't hate me!:flower3:

Love your ring, and his! So super pretty!

I think his outfit will be great - love the colors of everything together.

I agree completelty with needing to use an outside photographer. While I have seen some great Disney pictures, I just can't justified the cost for adding time and the disc.

Thank you! I will be honest, this is not something I would normally pick out for myself. It's very "old" looking to me, but he picked it out and every time I wear it it's just beautiful. I guess it's one of those pieces that "grows" on you.
I can't wait for my ring to come in!

Very cute ensemble. Love the vest shirt and tie. I actually like the paisley tie too which surprised me because I am a "stripped" kind-a-gal.
Ok I will be totally honest here and you can ignore my next comment because this is your wedding day not mine but I have to agree with your husband on the jeans. I actually like the outfit with jeans but the shade of blue jeans you chose seems wrong with the vest and tie. It isn't that they are too dark, it is that they have a yellowish tint to them and the blue colour in the ties are a cooler shade so the jeans should be a cooler shade of blue.
Don't hate me!:flower3:

I put a pair of his favorite jeans next to them, and yea, they do look better then the ones I bought. So I think I'm going to return those. He's so picky sometimes.
And I appreciate your honesty. Everyone's honesty.

Ok, so we finally fixed the boot fiasco, I think. Just need to make sure the bad boys fit Kevin. I love the new ones. And now seeing them side by side with the others, I'm happy with the new ones.
The boots on the left (shorter darker ones) are the original boots he ordered. The ones on the left are the new choice.

SAM_0979 (640x427).jpg

Going dress shopping tonight at David's Bridal (I know I know...LOL) So being hopeful. Taking my bestie and her little girl with me. I'm so excited!

Talked to Kevin more about the hotel ordeal. I sent him links of pictures and some you tube video's that the Dis had done. I think it might be Bay Lake. He wants someplace easy to everything and the "train" (as he calls it, ha ha)
but quiet as well. Which I stayed at the Contemporary in the Garden rooms, and they were very lovely and quiet. So I think even if we decided on Wilderness Lodge or Bay Lake/Contemp, I think it's going to be ok. After I told him about all bus transportation, and the idea of paying for parking at the parks (we are renting or bringing our car), he kinda didn't like that idea. I also sent him links to Beach/Yacht/Boardwalks too. So will see what he says.

As for the wedding night, I will be staying with my bestie. She hasn't decided if she's going to book a room on property yet or not, since she will only be living a half hour away. I think she's doing it for the conveyance as well. But will figure that out later on. I know I do not want Kevin to see me until the moment.

Now my other issues, will Disney count an outside photographer as a head count. Which if that's the case, I'm having to bump up to the Escape if I choose an outside photographer.
And for the ceremony itself, I want something for the aisle/pews-- like tulle bows with maybe a lavender or sunflower sprig, nothing fresh or fancy. Am I going to have to use Disney Floral to do something like that, or can I just do my own?

And thank you on the compliments on the bugaboo! He is changing so much these days. Last night all he wanted was to cuddle on my bed & watch the Goodnight Show & Disney Jr. before bed. (which he never does)
Good news possibly, Kevin's work doesn't have any foundations set on any of their jobs, so he may be home a few weeks after he's finished with this one. It's a rumor right now. I've gotten to the
point being an ex-military wife, that you don't get your hopes up until you actually see the orders in hand.

Ok, so we finally fixed the boot fiasco, I think. Just need to make sure the bad boys fit Kevin. I love the new ones. And now seeing them side by side with the others, I'm happy with the new ones.
The boots on the left (shorter darker ones) are the original boots he ordered. The ones on the left are the new choice.

View attachment 100509

Going dress shopping tonight at David's Bridal (I know I know...LOL) So being hopeful. Taking my bestie and her little girl with me. I'm so excited!

Talked to Kevin more about the hotel ordeal. I sent him links of pictures and some you tube video's that the Dis had done. I think it might be Bay Lake. He wants someplace easy to everything and the "train" (as he calls it, ha ha)
but quiet as well. Which I stayed at the Contemporary in the Garden rooms, and they were very lovely and quiet. So I think even if we decided on Wilderness Lodge or Bay Lake/Contemp, I think it's going to be ok. After I told him about all bus transportation, and the idea of paying for parking at the parks (we are renting or bringing our car), he kinda didn't like that idea. I also sent him links to Beach/Yacht/Boardwalks too. So will see what he says.

As for the wedding night, I will be staying with my bestie. She hasn't decided if she's going to book a room on property yet or not, since she will only be living a half hour away. I think she's doing it for the conveyance as well. But will figure that out later on. I know I do not want Kevin to see me until the moment.

Now my other issues, will Disney count an outside photographer as a head count. Which if that's the case, I'm having to bump up to the Escape if I choose an outside photographer.
And for the ceremony itself, I want something for the aisle/pews-- like tulle bows with maybe a lavender or sunflower sprig, nothing fresh or fancy. Am I going to have to use Disney Floral to do something like that, or can I just do my own?

Love the new Boots. I see what you mean when you put both side by side.

I heard they have great dresses at David's Bridal at good prices. I am sure with the help of your bestie you'll find "the one". Good Luck!

If I had the choice between Wilderness Lodge or Bay Lake, I would do Bay Lake just for the monorail access. Plus it is walking distance to MK. You can easily take the monorail to the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian too which is always fun. You can boat over to WL if you want which is another plus. The only reason I would stay at WL would be if you are on a tighter budget, WL is always cheaper than BLT.

As for the wedding, the outside photographer does count as a guest so that is no good if you want a memories package. I wanted to hire the Roots for my vow renewal (when I was originally planning to have it on WDW property) and they told me that they would be counted as guests. Maybe you could use the disney photographer for the ceremony but use outside photographer for before and after. The Roots gave me a price by the hour to do this. I had asked DFTW if I could replace the photographer in the wedding package with a photo shoot in the park and pay for the difference in price. They said that this could be done depending on my wedding planner. As for decoration for the aisle, you need to go through Disney Floral as they will not allow you to bring in your own decorations. I know 'cause when I was planning my vow renewal at Disney I called them to ask all these questions. You can maybe bring your own and the day of just play dumb and tell them you did not know. I doubt they will stop you on your wedding day.Just make sure it is simple.

Hope that helps.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter