Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

Doodlebug25413

Mouseketeer
Journal Quick Posts Table of Contents:

#14 Inspiration photos
#23 Boots!
#25 More boots! Dessert Party dress ordered
#29 Dessert party dress try on & hate being a shortie
#33 Dressing Kevin, rings & gowns
#37 Big decision had to be made & inspiration pic for the baby
#51 My Ring!!
#53 Kevin's ring and outfit
#58 Kevin's Boot Fiasco
#62-63 MY DRESS!! : )
#85 Exchanged Kevins clothes- new tie & Memorial Lighthouse
#90 DVC VILLA BOOKED!
#98 Invitation/Momento idea
#108 We are penciled in!!
#133 & 135 Bad news, more hair inspiration & Purchases!
#140 GOOD NEWS! Unity Ceremony, and Headgear!
#167 Travel booked, Starting the planning process with DFTW & Dining booked
#182 & #184 DIY Bouquets & Instructions on how to do them
#189 1st Fitting Alteration appt
#200 My girls Flowers
#210 My BFF's dress, the veil that ran away and my tiara!
#219 ONE WEEK OUT! Updates, changes, to do's

Original Post:
Figured I would go ahead & start the journaling I guess. I'm almost 95% certain we are going to do our Vowel Renewal at Disney. I put Escape/Memories in the title for now, because, depending on how things go is going to make or break to which one. Right now, my heart is set on an Escape.
About us:
I am a big Disney fan. My husband, he's a typical "guy" LOL. He could care less so long as I am happy. He is originally from Alabama, I'm originally from Maryland. Currently we live in West Virginia panhandle. He is a welder that works for a company that travels all over the states building those large water tanks. Me, I'm a new stay at home mommy! We got married 4-11-2014 at the courthouse because, well, we did things backwards LOL I was very much 8 months pregnant with our baby boy Alex. So because Kevin's schedule is ridiculous, he's usually never home for long periods of time, we never had the chance to really plan out a wedding. And mid way thru my pregnancy, I was laid off from my job. We are both into doing outdoorsy things like camping, hiking, fishing. We would rather stay in a log cabin nestled away somewhere away from civilization then in a 4 star hotel in the middle of the city.
Why DFTW?:
Disney seems to be a perfect option for us. I guess a one stop shop really. Which appeals to me. I don't have to worry about making anything, or running around a lot to get things etc etc. My BFF was married at SBP several years ago, I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, and it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to. And it was amazingly fun!
Invites/Guests:
Since Kevin & I are very simple laid back folks, we really are not inviting a lot. So this will be a very intimate wedding. Currently if my hopes come thru-- besides us, our 9 month old son Alex, my 17 yr old son (from a previous marriage) Cammron, my godmother Helen & her husband Alan, (she was also my mother's best friend), my sister Lauren & her husband Shaun, their 3 kids Jacob, Carly & Katie. And my BFF Stacy & her daughter. So that's a total of 13 people. Kevin is not on speaking terms with his mother, my mother passed away from cancer 6 years ago & my father is in a nursing home. Kevin never knew his father.
Why Memories/Escape package:
Well, right now, it's going to depend on my sister & her family on whether we do a Memories or Escape. She has 3 children & are on a very tight budget. So I'm hoping with some planning & time, I'll be able to have them. So I have to plan for a back up I guess. Which is the Memories, because then it will be just me & Kevin, my son Cammron, our son Alex & hopefully also, my godmother.
I pretty much have my heart set on Sunrise Terrace at Wilderness Lodge. So if my sisters family is able to come, well, that's going to be out due to the headcount limitation. But I am being open minded.
My Wedding Inspirations:
Well since we are both "country" people, Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelton's wedding started as my inspiration. I love the whole country rustic look. Yes, I am looking at a simple dress with the boots and hopefully sunflowers or something similiar. Kevin in jeans, boots & a simple but very nice white/cream colored button down & a blazer & of course, a hat. (Can't be a cowboy without your hat now!)
I love Fall and fall colors. So no matter what time of year we end up doing this, it's definitely going to be purple (my fav color) with fall colors weaved into it. Well, that sounds more like sunset colors LOL
Somehow I want to incorporate a flower in remembrance to my mother. With a monarch butterfly somehow. If Disney will let us release butterflies, that would be awesome. But if not, a fake monarch attached some way will be good. My sister & I after my mother died saw nothing but the monarch butterflies just out of the blue & also when butterflies were not supposed to be out. This is our little sign that she is still looking over us. So it's a pretty special symbol. I was going to have my godmother carry a small picture of her & either place that on her "seat" or a memory stand/table during our ceremony or carry the flowers.
We are not drinkers. So I think the sparkling cider or just the champagne will be fine at the cake ceremony. I was thinking depending on the headcount, just going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue afterwards for our dinner & just do it as an ADR. We both love fried chicken, BBQ, Sweet Tea...so it really fits us. Right now I'm debating on whether I want to do a dessert party at Wishes or Illuminations. If we do Wishes I'm leaning on the boat celebration, and not really in the park.
Right now, that's where I am at. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's wedding adventures, sharing ideas and pictures!!

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm excited to see your plans as they unfold. I think incorporating a butterfly into your bouquet would beautiful! Maybe you could have a charm attached?

Welcome! I'm excited to see your plans as they unfold. I think incorporating a butterfly into your bouquet would beautiful! Maybe you could have a charm attached?

Oh duh! Thank you for turning on my light bulb! I love that! Thank you, I'm going to do that instead. Much nicer.

Notes so far:

1/31/15: I don't want video. Yes you do. No I don't. Watched a few videos of disney weddings. OH YES I DO! Silly me, what WAS I thinking. So I guess I might be adding the video package to the budget.

2/1/15: After looking thru wedding dresses & just feeling depressed & blah all the time, I've decided to start eating healthier & get into shape. After all, the baby is getting his balance & starting to be more adventurous. He's going to walk soon. And I really need to keep up with him. And I really have been frustrated with my weight. Today I weigh 175.2 lbs. For a woman who's 5 ft tall & over 40, that's just not a good combo. If I get diabetes, I won't be able to indulge in Disney tuxedo strawberries, Disney wedding cake, Mickey Rice Krispy Treat ears, and Mickey Ice Cream...and...and...and....Yea, that's not happening. Oh yea, have to fit into that dress & bikini too. (Insert sad face here)

2/4/15: Finally got a 3 ring binder & some folder tabs to start a wedding planning book. Printed out all of my idea pictures so I can share. Bought & downloaded Passporters weddings & honeymoons ebook. Love it!
Kevin said that I need to price out home weddings & get him a budget going. (BOO HISS) He said he's not saying no to Disney, just wants an alternative.

2/8/15: I love my teenager. I love my teenager. I love my teenager....... >:( On a happy note, since we need to do a small loan for hubby's truck, he said let's increase the amount so we can have more on the wedding and honeymoon. YAY ME! :lovestruc princess: I love my husband. He always makes my day.
Been looking at the Canada Terrace for an alternative site, since Sunrise Terrace has limited heads. It's very pretty. Love the waterfall, but I hear it's loud. It's a 9am wedding. UGH. I'm so not a morning person. And is it really worth the extra money to me? The extra money could be going to a reception dinner, which speaking of-- I need to check out Artist Point if we do stick with Sunrise Terrace. I love Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but maybe a nicer dinner would be nice too. Gotta weigh out the options. And a dessert party, do I want to or not? Again, if my sis's family comes, yes. The kiddo's would love it.

Loving what you have down so far! You have so many great ideas and Sunrise Terrace is such a beautiful location (provided you get to use it of course). For what it's worth, we had a 9am Epcot wedding and it was magical, so I'm totally biased there :lovestruc

2/9/15:

Hahaha....my husband's so funny. He thinks we can have a wedding for $400. I told him maybe in 1950 we could. Men can be so clueless sometimes. So obviously I'm going to have to be frugal with the money. Geesh.
So doing up a generic budget. Well the video may need to be cut. It's pretty expensive for an hour & 1/2 of time. And really how often will I watch it? I don't even watch dvd's here at home. Definitely doing the photo archive CD upgrade because we didn't have any pictures from when we got married at the courthouse. That really disappointed me, so the photos are going to mean more. Wish I could find the different floral/decor upgrades pictures & pricing so I can get a better idea of those costs.

Dilemma today was trying to decide on the Wishes Pontoon boat cruise or doing dinner. And if we did dinner, do we do fun like Hoop Dee Doo or nice like Artist Point, Yachtsman... This will also depend on my group size. If I have the whole family then the Wishes cruise is out as the boat will only hold up to 10, we will have about 13. (I added another person to my guest list, my friend Penny who lives in Jacksonville.) If we stick with the whole rustic country, then Hoop Dee Doo fits in with that theme. I've always loved that show. I hope Disney never gets rid of it.

I thought I wanted a dessert party, but since my group will be so small, I didn't see paying the high price on reserving a location. I know dinner at California Grill would be nice for Wishes since they have the walkway. But the pictures look scary as *&!! on that walkway!!! I'm afraid of heights. Hubby scares me, he walks 100 ft up in the air on a 2x4 to weld a rafter. He wouldn't care.

I need to start thinking about where we are going to stay as well.

And going to do an afternoon tea at Gardenview Tea Room with my Godmother during the trip. I think that would be a really nice relaxing time. She's a very special woman. I love her dearly.

An afternoon tea with your godmother during your wedding trip sounds wonderful! I've always waned to have tea there, but haven't ever had the opportunity.

There are a lot of tough decisions involved with planning a reception style meal! Hoop dee doo is great and has a set price point per person. However, another thing to consider is that you can have dinner-type foods at a dessert party if that still interests you at all. Personally, I think a dinner at Cali Grill with a view of the fireworks would be beautiful... but you're right, that walkway might be scary for someone afraid of heights! LOL.

Afternoon tea sounds so lovely! I've been dying to try it with my mother, it just seems like such a sweet experience.

Were you looking at DFTW's videography package? I've heard even the planners aren't recommending it anymore because it's so expensive. If you find you can swing it and that you're really missing it there's a lot of cheaper vendors many brides use often! Then again, if you definitely think no video then the money is well spent elsewhere :)

I've done the Gardenview Tea with my BFF on our birthday trip (her bday is 1 week before mine). And it is so lovely. You feel like a little girl having a tea party. LOL Well, maybe not so "childlike" but it was very nice.
Strawberries & Cream. That is all my friends!!!

Yea, I think I am going to price out outside videography venders. And if worse comes to worse, I'll just skip it. It's not a priority.

I have decided to knock off a person on my guest list. This is going to sound horrible, but I am taking my oldest son off. He's almost 18, and after spending time with him this weekend, I wanted to drop kick him across the Panhandle.
He's dropped out of high school & just the last few months, every time I have spent time with him, he's been a very disrespectful & rude person. His whole "the world owes me" crap just isn't going to fly with me. I just can't deal with him anymore. I love him, but no one said I had to like him. I just hope he changes up his attitude & gets his life together. He has disappointed me so much in the last year. My husband has tried to be supportive & giving him the benefit of the doubt (not even his son at that) & he's even said he's tired of his attitude.

Good news-- I dropped 3 1/2 lbs this week!!!!! :flower1:

2/14/15-- Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

I spent the day looking at local venders for an at home wedding as my hubby is requesting. So far I'm not liking it. In fact I'm HATING it!! One of the reasons why I am also looking at a Disney wedding is that I don't want a whole bunch of people there that I will feel obligated to invite because they are "family". And I can't seem to find any local place that is large enough but yet small enough to have us. And then I have to deal with finding all these other people to do the flowers, cake, catering, photos, video, music...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Insert pulling hair out crazy moticon here)

And year 2 where I am not spending my birthday or valentines day with my prince charming.

Following along now! All your plans seem so great so far I love that your doing an intimate wedding gives you so much time with your guest! I also love the idea of afternoon tea so special for you and your godmother! and happy belated birthday I am sure you will figure out your at home reception! I ended up skipping the whole thing to much stress for me!

Happy Planning
Melissa

The unfortunate part is we do one or other, not both. I love my extended family (cousins...) but we are just not a very close family since my mother passed.
It's all going to work out one way or the other. I know Disney will make it special whether it's small or not.

That's why we decided to have a Disney wedding rather than have one at home. The stress of feeling obligated to invite extended family members, coworkers, etc. was too much. I think you're right about the little touch of Disney magic. Personally, I'm happy we're having a pretty small, intimate wedding. It makes things much easier.

Ok, I hope I have figured out how to upload pictures. So here are a few inspiration photos. I haven't quite decided if I want to do a long gown or a short dress. Definitely going to do cowgirl boots.

3d62e308d3da176414b64f617367bc72.jpg

Of course I had to pull from country music's sweetheart couple! Kevin has already said NO to the vest & tie. In fact I had to sweet talk him into wearing a jacket.
I think he's more excited on being able to buy a pair of cowboy boots. LOL

lambert-wedding-278x400.jpg

b84f4c6894f8a5438e17c4d1e857d42b.jpg

I love sunflowers & wildflowers. And I love the whole fun of cupcakes.

These 7 in 7 hotel review series on the podcast are insane!! NOW I'm thinking on staying at the Poly & doing a beach wedding. LOL
Decisions. LOL

We also had the big 'at home' or 'disney' debate. After looking at all the venues at home we decided that for the price disney (even though ours isn't technically in disney) we'd rather do that. It's more us. I don't like the traditional wedding things. In my opinion do what you guys want and do something you will enjoy.

You want it to be a day in which people say, "that's so them"

Adding an update. My BFF has suggested that my husband & I make a trip/vacation together to Disney before we actually plan one. He hasn't been since he was a kid. So a lot has changed. He may not like it.
He's liking the whole point & click planning, no work really needs to be done idea. (And so am I!) So I guess I'm planning a trip. Thinking around Thanksgiving time, as that is when his next full week of time off will be.
And hey, I won't have to cook a turkey if we go! Woo Hoo! Although, that's going to be a crowded week & taking the boo boo along is going to be a lot of work. Ugh. But it might be a better week then Christmas-New Years, since that is when the next time off he would have.

Saturday my cousin Kevin got married. It was a sweet wedding. You can tell it was on a shoestring budget, but everything was pretty & a fun reception. And just watching them clean up everything, setting up everything. That was just disheartening for me to see. I've already looked & did a mock up budget for 3 different sites for an at home wedding/reception. And it's all coming out equal to Disney. Just an at home wedding sounds like so much work & stress. I'm going to be setting aside my planning for a bit. Going to start focusing on boo boo's 1st birthday plans.

I could really use a Dole Whip right about now. LOL

I've literally been looking at Disney food pictures all day. It's hard to stop :D

I love the idea of a Thanksgiving Disney trip - go for it! Also, that cake/cupcake combo is just too stinking cute. Love the sunflowers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!