Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're checking in at Beach Club tomorrow from our split stay at Pop. Is there anyone there now who knows if they are using the RFID mugs? They aren't here at Pop, and I was hoping to still be able to use the same mugs over there.

Banana Bunny has been located by lost and found and is flying up to our house!
Melinda at lost and found is awesome

I think Banana just wanted to hang out at SAB with Buzzy and Johnny Depp

(Banana is my DDs favorite stuffed animal - we left him there Saturday)

Yay! Excellent news! I can't wait to hear all of Banana's stories about her extra vacation time with JD and Buzzy! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We're checking in at Beach Club tomorrow from our split stay at Pop. Is there anyone there now who knows if they are using the RFID mugs? They aren't here at Pop, and I was hoping to still be able to use the same mugs over there.

:welcome:

Not yet. The RFID-enabled machines are there, but no mugs yet. Possibly by the end of the month.

I have added a BREAKING NEWS section to the very beginning of the thread. Lots of developing news on Refrigerators, FP+/MB and Rapid Refill Mugs.

BREAKING NEWS!!! (August 16, 2013)

CMs at the Yacht and Beach Club have been told that all defective refrigerators have been swapped out at both resorts. All rooms should now have a working fridge.

It looks like September guests of the Beach Club, Yacht Club and probably BCV will be involved in testing of the Fast Pass Plus system by logging in to their My Disney Experience accounts. For info, start reading around page 215 of this thread.

The Rapid Refill Reusable Mugs have not appeared at the resort as of mid-August, but the RFID-enabled dispensers have been set up, so this program will probably be starting soon. Possibly by the end of the month. For more info about the Rapid Refill Mugs, read the post in the FAQ section of this page, Post 13.

Hi there! We're one of the August YC/BC Disers heading out today. :banana: I regret not keeping up with this thread more since you all are such a friendly group! :) Looking forward to some SAB fun among many other things on my list.

Hey all...
today is checkout day from YC CL.

Sad to say that we are left less than impressed here. We were given the wrong room at checkin on Wed. night which forced us to have to change rooms for our 2 night split stay (to get the end of one discount and beginning of another). We booked the room category SV. The first room was 5170 two doors down from the lounge. Nice room but did not have a daybed & as a family of 5 we needed someplace for the fifth to sleep. I called to housekeeping for the cot and was told that there would be a $15 dollar per night charge for the cot. I told her that we are 5 and needed some place for the 5th to sleep. She argued with me a bit that there was, indeed a daybed for that 5th person to sleep and that there would be a $15 charge. I told her that I am standing in the room right now and there was only a chair. She put me on hold and came back a minute later and said "we'll bring it right up".

We did not know what room we were checking into (though we could've guessed) yesterday morning so headed off to Epcot and then to AK to do some things. Signed up for texts, and had the CL CM print room keys for me and DH so that we could charge to the room. Our first indication that something was amiss was when we tried to charge snacks to the room and it didn't work. Then when we hopped to AK, DH's Magicband did not work for entry (we'll see what happens at Studios this morning). And I get a text saying to stop by the front desk to sort out room stuff...

We return to YC CL at 3:30 and "check in". That process took approx. 45 minutes, and I ended up missing snack/drink time because the "computer" had our stuff all messed up and they are training on a new system (? wondering if it has to do with new MM+ stuff). At first it showed that our room was not ready yet!!!

We wait for snack time and decide to go to pool right after. All of us were wearing our suits under our clothes, except DD3 who was wearing hers under a coverup that basically is a dress made out of towel material (short sleeves, zips up front and goes to her knees), You could see more of DD2 & 1's swimsuit than DD3's but one of the CL lounge staff gave us a hard time for her eating in there (To be honest, I'm not sure she realized that it was basically a dress she was wearing as it is made out of towel material, but still she shouldn't speak unless she is 100% sure-kinda like if you aren't sure if someone is pregnant or just putting on some pounds)

The room we are checking out of today is 5182 it has a daybed and shares a HUGE balcony with 4 or 5 other rooms and would be great if you are traveling with a group.

We loved the pool here and the location close to EP but because of some less than magical experiences I am not sure we'd stay here again....

I don't think we start for another week or two. However, they can't be transferred. The chips on them will only work for the length of time that you purchase or if you are on the dining plan, the length of your stay at that one resort. For people who are doing split stays between two resorts, they will have to purchase two different mugs for each resort even though the mugs look identical.

Hi there! We're one of the August YC/BC Disers heading out today. :banana: I regret not keeping up with this thread more since you all are such a friendly group! :) Looking forward to some SAB fun among many other things on my list.

Have a fantastic trip, Brenda!!!

Us too, saw it when I logged in. We have AP's that had to be linked so I did that, unfortunately it didn't work. I was able to order magic bands and the other members of my party were able to do fast pass plus except for me and my husband. Had to call tech support, and 2 hours later it still wasn't fixed. They are hoping to have it fixed within 24 hours. What a nightmare.

I hope you have a more positive experience!

I am looking forward to getting the magic bands.

I am reading all these Magic Bands posts with great interest. Our trip isn't until late October/early November. I have an AP, DH does not. We start our trip with a 2 night stay at AKL CL and then move to BC for the last 7 nights. I imagine our combination will eventually work fine, but I am very glad not to have to try to make it all work now!

Good luck everyone!

Have a great trip!!! Looking forward to your "food" updates on the live thread!!

Hey all...

Sad to say that we are left less than impressed here. We were given the wrong room at checkin on Wed. night which forced us to have to change rooms for our 2 night split stay (to get the end of one discount and beginning of another). We booked the room category SV. The first room was 5170 two doors down from the lounge. Nice room but did not have a daybed & as a family of 5 we needed someplace for the fifth to sleep. I called to housekeeping for the cot and was told that there would be a $15 dollar per night charge for the cot. I told her that we are 5 and needed some place for the 5th to sleep. She argued with me a bit that there was, indeed a daybed for that 5th person to sleep and that there would be a $15 charge. I told her that I am standing in the room right now and there was only a chair. She put me on hold and came back a minute later and said "we'll bring it right up".

We did not know what room we were checking into (though we could've guessed) yesterday morning so headed off to Epcot and then to AK to do some things. Signed up for texts, and had the CL CM print room keys for me and DH so that we could charge to the room. Our first indication that something was amiss was when we tried to charge snacks to the room and it didn't work. Then when we hopped to AK, DH's Magicband did not work for entry (we'll see what happens at Studios this morning). And I get a text saying to stop by the front desk to sort out room stuff...

We return to YC CL at 3:30 and "check in". That process took approx. 45 minutes, and I ended up missing snack/drink time because the "computer" had our stuff all messed up and they are training on a new system (? wondering if it has to do with new MM+ stuff). At first it showed that our room was not ready yet!!!

We wait for snack time and decide to go to pool right after. All of us were wearing our suits under our clothes, except DD3 who was wearing hers under a coverup that basically is a dress made out of towel material (short sleeves, zips up front and goes to her knees), You could see more of DD2 & 1's swimsuit than DD3's but one of the CL lounge staff gave us a hard time for her eating in there (To be honest, I'm not sure she realized that it was basically a dress she was wearing as it is made out of towel material, but still she shouldn't speak unless she is 100% sure-kinda like if you aren't sure if someone is pregnant or just putting on some pounds)

The room we are checking out of today is 5182 it has a daybed and shares a HUGE balcony with 4 or 5 other rooms and would be great if you are traveling with a group.

We loved the pool here and the location close to EP but because of some less than magical experiences I am not sure we'd stay here again....

So very sorry that your YC experience has been less than magical :(

I have been reading more and more complaints at ALL the resorts about keys not working at the turnstiles or for the DDP credits. What a hassle!!!

I do hope the rest of your vacation makes up for this.

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I want to make sure I'm getting the correct info.

The Club Info post shows that the YC CL opens at 7:00 a.m. We tend to be up and out earlier than that. Is there any food (for example, bagels and cream cheese, OJ, etc.) out earlier than that?

Thanks!

Hey all...

YC Is my favorite hotel sorry it wasn't yours! I will say though last June we did a a split stay at OKW and YC and every night at OKW we were back having keys recut, tickets not transferring over to new keys, back at guest services at every park trying to get it fixed. It was nuts. So the new system must be proving difficult with tickets/meals/etc. I felt your pain!!!!!

Hello....

I am off to Disney in 21 days, staying at the Yacht Club. When I sign on to the Disney website, a window pops up and says "Get Ready to Experience My Magic" Customize your MagicBands Now...does this mean, I too can try out the wrist band? Should I start customizing or wait for an email? What's a gal to do?

Thank you!
Poly princess
:

Customize now. In fact, my cousin customized her bands, had them delivered to her house, THEN got the email inviting her to customize their bands! Get started!

I didn't get an invite until about 2 weeks after I received my MagicBand in the mail, so go ahead and do it now!

I don't think we start for another week or two. However, they can't be transferred. The chips on them will only work for the length of time that you purchase or if you are on the dining plan, the length of your stay at that one resort. For people who are doing split stays between two resorts, they will have to purchase two different mugs for each resort even though the mugs look identical.

Oh boy, now I'm totally confused :confused3 easily done mind you! But from all I've read, if you are doing a split stay, you are able to have your RFID mug programmed for entire resort stay, and use it at all resorts. I was so happy that wdw finally addressed split stays and mugs!
Mind, not too happy about price increase!!

Trip update! Here we are, on our last day in Ft Lauderdale. It has been bitter sweet. Seeing my mom who has Alzheimer's is hard. But we booked a beach hotel, and have been having good times too :beach: Deerfield is a beautiful beach. And we've had some great weather.

Right now we are at the pool, doing laundry. No sunken treasures here :sad2:
Then we will. Get packing done tonight. Will visit mom one last time for this trip, and go to beach if time allows.

Tomorrow we hit the Turnpike for wdw, 6:00 am :yay: first stop, pop check in, then TL morning. We'll have our TL bag packed with suits, etc. and leave luggage with bell service, unless our room is ready. Afternoon Publix grocery shop, while we still have car rental. Then drop off groceries to YC to hold for our arrival.

Next day check into GF for 2 nights, then YC for 12 :cheer2: and I get to have dinner with Teena before she leaves :yay:

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I want to make sure I'm getting the correct info.

The Club Info post shows that the YC CL opens at 7:00 a.m. We tend to be up and out earlier than that. Is there any food (for example, bagels and cream cheese, OJ, etc.) out earlier than that?

Thanks!

Coffee is available 6am but I don't believe any food is set out until 7am.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh boy, now I'm totally confused :confused3 easily done mind you! But from all I've read, if you are doing a split stay, you are able to have your RFID mug programmed for entire resort stay, and use it at all resorts. I was so happy that wdw finally addressed split stays and mugs!
Mind, not too happy about price increase!!

I'm confused too! I am sure I read that they can be adjusted when you check in at the second resort. I guess it's a really good thing they haven't switched over yet! I'm using the same mugs I just bought when I move on to the second part of my single Disney vacation, but I guess I'll need to verify this before considering booking another split stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter