Doing a nursery in hot pink and lime green

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I need help from the ladies. I want to redo my daughters room to hot pink and lime green. I need inspirational ideas!!! I'd appreciate any pics you have. Thanks!

Very popular right now.
What color are the walls right now?

I would like a solid color walls (maybe beige) with pink and green circles all scattered here and there.

YOu can use just about any bedding with that.

I suggest painting the walls the green, not the pink. Hot pink paint is really hard to get quite right and often ends up looking like pepto bismal, but the green is easy.

We've done polka dots, which are very in right now and not too hard to find throws, pillows and stuff like that. You could pain the walls lime green and put pink polka dots on top. I bet pink dots would be easier to find.

Or pink walls and lime green accessories like a wicker wastebasket you can spray paint lime green and a plain white lamp you can spray paint also.

To get 'the right' color I always use those paint matching gizmos the people behind the counter offer at the do it yourself mega stores.

Have fun:goodvibes

We're having dd's painted with pink on the top/green on the bottom with a white chair rail in between.

Hers isn't hot pink, though.

I would go with the wainscotting, chair rail, and pink and green stripes or the lime green/pink polka dots thing if I was eager enough to make a cool room.;)

we just did those colors to my teen's room. We did 1 pink wall and 3 green ones. On the pink wall, I made green cat pawprints going diagonally all the way up the wall (from bottom left all the way to top right). I intended to do the same on one green wall, with pink paint, but haven't done it.

These are awful pictures, taken with a cell phone. And no pawprints yet. Also, her corkboard, calendar, and most of her pictures weren't hung yet.

The valance is pink, with a strip of white/pink/green striped material along bottom. Her comforter matches the valance. The bed is white.

Photo07021229.jpg

Photo07021230.jpg

Very popular right now.
What color are the walls right now?

I would like a solid color walls (maybe beige) with pink and green circles all scattered here and there.

YOu can use just about any bedding with that.

I totally agree! A light sand color maybe, white trim, and a cool design with the peel and stick circles would be beautiful.

Painting the walls a bright color could get old, and in a couple of years she might hate them. If she hates the circles (or any other removable decals) they can be taken off easily and the room redecorated without repainting.

http://www.create-a-mural.com/DotWallStickers.html?gclid=CLKMtubd5JwCFVRM5QodD0BaHQ

And I love this bedding:

http://www.beyond-bedding.com/pink-and-green-polka-dot-twin-childrens-modern-bedding-set.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=14GKVB9TFFV0J1WT639X

I second the PP poster's suggestion to keep the walls neutral and doing accents of hot pink and lime green.

I saw these great wall accents of peel and stick hot pink and lime green polka dots.

http://www.dezignwithaz.com/modern-...lka-dots-wall-decals-wall-stickers-p-843.html

There's other patterns too like stars: http://www.dezignwithaz.com/modern-wall-decals-abstract/stars-decorative-decals-p-844.html

or flowers... http://www.dezignwithaz.com/wall-stickers-kids-rooms/floweez-removable-wall-decals-p-790.html

I've seen them in stores too (lowes? or PB?) I did something similar to this only with a different theme when my DSs were babies and it was so easy and it came down without any residue and I was very easily able to transition

That way in three or four years when you can't replicate the look in the bedding; when you want a real bed with real bedding, not just the crib/toddler bed and these colors are not longer in the stores, you can easily replace the colors and get bedding in whatever look she wants.

Why keep the walls neutral? If she wants purple in 3 years, paint it purple. If she wants orange when she's 11, paint it orange.

It's PAINT.:confused3

We did my 9 yr old's room lime green with hot pink, lavender, and dark purple stars and her initial sponge painted randomly around the room. I've got a pic on my cell phone, but no data plan, so not sure how to download it here, I'll try to get a pic off the real camera to show, but it turned out super cute and was SO easy to do (a year ago we did my older daughter's room bubble gum pink with vertical stripes of hot pink, lavender and teal green, THAT was a pain).

If I'm not mistaken, I think Vettechick did her DD's room in those colors and posted pic's...try a search :)

I wonder if you could find a pink and green argile (you know, like sweaters) boarder. that would be really pretty along with whatever you choose to do with the walls. Maybe put the boarder in the center of the wall (or just down from the center) and then put a pink on top, green on the bottom, or vice virsa. I like the polka dot idea too.

Check out Company Kids website. They always have cute rooms set up...and I know they have some hot pink ones. My DD's room is hot pink--all 4 walls. She has white furniture and white trim. I got her a Pottery Barn quilt with pink and lime green in it. We did this 3 years ago and she still loves it. (so do I!). I used the DIsney Behr paint in Pink Tink. It's from Home Depot.

Thank you for all of the great ideas. Right now the walls are white. I'm thinking of doing one green wall and then on the others have pink and green accents.

I have the bedding already from Pottery Barn. I just need to find the right color green to match.

Why keep the walls neutral? If she wants purple in 3 years, paint it purple. If she wants orange when she's 11, paint it orange.

It's PAINT.:confused3
I agree! :thumbsup2 I thought I was the only person who hated neutral paint.

I too am one who says go ahead and paint the walls whatever color you would like. I just painted one of my rooms brown and dark teal green. I covered up a adobe color paint from before. There is paint that is good at covering other paint. I LOVE color and if you like these colors I say go for it. It would be cute for a little girls room

My DD14 just painted her wall ORANGE (WOW IT IS BLINDING:rotfl:) and then she painted hot pink circles on the walls if it wasn't so late I would try to post some pics. It actually looks very cute.:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter