Dogs and DVC?

Orangeman98

Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
While Disney does allow dogs at some resorts, the options are very limited. I would be willing to convert my points to stay at a moderate resort - I think Riverside allows dogs. Is this an option for DVC members - even if it's a *gasp* resale contract?

Depends when you bought resale. After 2011 you can’t use DVC points to book Disney Resorts directly with Disney. Your option would be to rent your DVC points then book with cash (even if you could do the exchange this still would be the best option).

I’d consider CFW but I have no idea how many cabins will allow dogs.

Starting July 1 the Cabins at Fort Wilderness will open as a DVC resort and they’ll allow dogs (for a fee) but you’ll have to use direct points to book there.

Depends when you bought resale. After 2011 you can’t use DVC points to book Disney Resorts directly with Disney. Your option would be to rent your DVC points then book with cash (even if you could do the exchange this still would be the best option).

I have ( details removed as not allowed) It sounds like the move to make is learn about how to rent our points - probably from a place like David's? - then make a reservation at the Yacht Club (which allows dogs). I appreciate the assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depends when they bought resale. Any contract purchased prior to 1/19/19 will work but yes after it needs to be direct.

See Post #10 from the DVC Resource Center for the actual dates associated with the various resale restrictions.

See Post #10 from the DVC Resource Center for the actual dates associated with the various resale restrictions.
I appreciate the clarity attempt here. Though the quotes you quoted of mine without context make my last point seem incorrect. They were referencing two different topics. The latter post was explicitly about the resale restrictions at RIV, VDH, and now the cabins. That isn’t referenced in the post you linked. That could be confusing to someone who sees this as a follow up to my comment about 1/19/19 being restricted from new resorts.

I have ( details removed as not allowed) It sounds like the move to make is learn about how to rent our points - probably from a place like David's? - then make a reservation at the Yacht Club (which allows dogs). I appreciate the assistance.

Using a rental company is a safe bet for someone just doing it the first time.

Starting July 1 the Cabins at Fort Wilderness will open as a DVC resort
I'm really interested in how it will happen. That's just 5 months from now, and when I was there yesterday, all the cabins I saw were the log cabin style, being used as such.

I'm really interested in how it will happen. That's just 5 months from now, and when I was there yesterday, all the cabins I saw were the log cabin style, being used as such.
Yes, same. If I’m not mistaken they’re only going to open up the first 30 or so cabins for July 1 and add more slowly, probably open up loop by loop, I assume. @bama_ed mentioned in his recent trip report that some of the workers there mentioned that the whole process would take about 18 months from start to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter