Does your Magic Band fall off?

Out of 6 people and several trips, we have lost 2 in a park permanently (DH and DD). We have had them pop off a few times (adults and kids), but noticed immediately. We lost 2 in a waterpark - one was found (DS) and one was not (DH). So they can come off, but most of the time they don't. A band on them is probably a good idea if you're worried about it. I might try that next trip.

Yes, we found they came off quite easily (2.0). Our grandson lost his on the lava pool slide at the Poly but it was recovered. We got tired of them getting caught on things and coming off so we used the sliders I had brought which we didn't initially use. Etsy has a 12-pack of Bitbelt ones for $7.99 and free shipping. I was glad I had bought them and brought them along. All of us ended up using one.

Look for a product called "Bit Belt" (they have a web site) They are $3.99 each or you can get a pack of 12 different colors for $8.99(free shipping in usa)
51tOwkWmKrL.jpg

Never had one come off and I've also been using them since they were experimental. I also bought a carabiner and put one of the pucks from the new ones in that and if I'm wearing anything with belt loops, I hook it on that.

This is what I do too. I have about 15 bands and I have never had one fall off. And I will also hook mine on my belt loop of my shorts during the day. I think it is rare to have on fall off unless you snag it pretty good. But then you would feel it.

I lost 2 on my last trip (2 days in a row). I finally got a Magic Keeper and clipped it to my wristlet.

I never had any issues with the 1.0!

I like the look of those bitbelts...might have to look into that!

Never had a problem and i wear 3 on one arm because my twins are autistic and have some sort of sensory issue with the band.

Nope. Not a one of us have ever had one fall off, in all our days in the parks since they came out, not first gen or 2nd gen versions.
If they did, no tragedy. Just go to GS, they'll provide a replacement.

Mine unsnapped on tower of terror, but I'll call that user error. I had my camera bag and another bag wrapped on the wrist with the band. We recovered it very quickly.

My husband's band came off on Space Mountain. We had to go to guest services to get a new one. No charge.

If I am carrying a backpack to the park, I throw a set of magic bands from a previous trip in the bag. I always make sure to have an extra set of magic bands from an old trip in the car in case one of us heads to the park without one (I learned this the hard way. This did happen once before a pre-park breakfast and it was a nightmare to get it replaced. Mostly because we went to the guest service window and were erroneously told to get in the breakfast line - -which I knew was wrong. When we got to the front of that line, they told us to go back to guest services.)

Even with these experiences, I wouldn't spend money on the tab thingies.

I had my "1.0" band fall off a couple of years ago. The end got caught on my belt or purse while I was walking and flipped the whole thing off. Glad I saw and felt it!

Anyway, I swear by Bitbelts now (like those mentioned above) and tell all my family and friends to use them. For me, it's worth the small extra price for peace of mind in the parks. I wouldn't want the hassle of losing one and having to go to guest services, wasting time, etc...

My experience, my two cents. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I’d rather do what I can to prevent losing them. For one, we don’t have a stash of bands to use as backup, and two my girls picked out custom skins on Etsy and are already very attached to them. These will probably be their favorite souvenir. It’s not just functional for us.

Yes!! Mine fell off in the Oasis pool at the Poly. Not sure how long before I noticed. The kids and I scoured the pool floor until we found it. They really should come with a little loop like a on a watchband.

Ever since they changed to the thinner version (Magicband 2)....YES.. they fell off of everyone in our party last trip in December. I was constantly chasing mine and my mom had to keep tracing back steps to find hers. My son lost his twice, since he was 3 he completely lost them. This year everyone in the party has agreed and we are doing the puck holder for our September trip. I know I can purchase the Mickey one but does anyone know about the Minnie one...is it still available in the parks??

Last edited:
We never had one problem with the 1.0s during three separate ten day trips on five of us, everyone put them on while still on the plane and didn’t take them off until we arrived home. Rollar coasters, pool, water parks, no problem. Never thought about them. We just put them on and lived in them. Went in 2017 with the 2.0s and had several pop off. Mine, DH, and two of the four kids. Eventually lost DS’s band transferring buses in Disney springs and it was never recovered. I was constantly checking them, something I never felt I had to do before. We also found several in the pool from other people. We were convinced it was because it was hot and we were in the pool a lot. Going this August , it will be hot, we will swim, so I may try out that hair band trick or order those amazon bands above.

Never have lost my own, but two different people I was with, lost theirs at separate times. And both times were on Space Mountain.

I will give Disney some serious credit - their design of the Magic Bands was absolutely 100% spot on. Almost no chance of falling off, not terribly difficult to get on or off, sizable for adults and children in one design, waterproof, comfortable. They checked off like every single box on this project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter