Does your Magic Band fall off?

DizneyMommy

Every Day is Disneyland Day!
I feel like the little tabs just wont hold up to wrangling kids. Have you ever had yours fall off? I found those little rectangle sliders like watches have on Etsy and I was temped to order some, but at $2 a piece plus shipping, they are expensive for all 5 of us if not necessary.

ETA - 2.0 bands. Not 1 ;-)

Last edited:
I've never had one fall off, but I can see it happening. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

After using magicbands since they debuted, I've never once had a band unsnap at all. Some have and I think that's a small number. If you get an AP or DVC slider you can put it over the band for an extra hold, but I've never felt the need to. If you wanted to go with something you probably have around the house, I'd imagine a hair band or a small rubber band would do the same trick

In 2014 wifey's twin brother and SIL joined us on our Oct trip. On his first ride, first day, Space Mtn, his MB fell off in the dark. He got a replacement at Board Walk and recovered the MB the next time we were in MK, a CM found it.

Bill From PA

Thanks. You would think they would include that tiny little thing like watches have. I think I'll swipe them off of my kids' fitbits for their Magic Bands, but I don't have a watch so nothing to steal from.

Mine has only come off when the shoulder strap of my bag caught the edge of the extra tab. I didn't lose the band though. However, that's partly due to me having smaller wrists and extra band. Also, I wear my Mickey on the inside of my wrist. Old habit from when I wore watches and didn't want the face getting scratched up. Husband and son have never had theirs come off.

Thanks. You would think they would include that tiny little thing like watches have. I think I'll swipe them off of my kids' fitbits for their Magic Bands, but I don't have a watch so nothing to steal from.

I wouldn't even bother. None of us in our family have ever lost one, even in the violent TL wave pool. Sure, it's possible to get it knocked off, but very unlikely.

They’ve come off when I’m removing a rain coat/jacket, it’s gotten caught on a shopping bag. My kids managed to lose one in the pool, maybe on the slide? But a lifeguard found it. In other words, if something catches the tip, it comes apart easily. Maybe you can just buy one for your smaller kids who won’t be as aware of it happening.

Never had one come off and I've also been using them since they were experimental. I also bought a carabiner and put one of the pucks from the new ones in that and if I'm wearing anything with belt loops, I hook it on that.

Never had one come off and I've also been using them since they were experimental. I also bought a carabiner and put one of the pucks from the new ones in that and if I'm wearing anything with belt loops, I hook it on that.

Now that I have a fitbit I am considering a carabiner because I like to wear the fitbit on the same wrist that I like to wear the magic band and I can't comfortably wear both on the same wrist.
I don't like the thought of the keychain one but the carabiner one seems like it might work well for me.

Now that I have a fitbit I am considering a carabiner because I like to wear the fitbit on the same wrist that I like to wear the magic band and I can't comfortably wear both on the same wrist.
I don't like the thought of the keychain one but the carabiner one seems like it might work well for me.
That was my issue as well! I hate anything in my right wrist, but couldn't wear the Fitbit and MB on the same wrist!
I love my carabiner with the puck in it!! I hang it on my crossbody wallet!

Mine kept coming off as I took our backpack off. I decided to get a magic keeper for our next trip.

My mom's got caught as she was getting off Space Mountain and popped off, but luckily she caught it. My kids were playing with theirs constantly so they were always coming off - and we even bought them special ones for a souvenir! It was pretty annoying so we are already planning on ordering those things or using a rubber band next time we go so we can prevent that!

That was my issue as well! I hate anything in my right wrist, but couldn't wear the Fitbit and MB on the same wrist!
I love my carabiner with the puck in it!! I hang it on my crossbody wallet!
I carry a small crossbody purse so it will be perfect!
I also find that if the MB is not on my wrist in a just so position it takes me a minute to scan Mickey to Mickey so being able to use my hand to place it flat against the scanner might make it that much faster for me. The struggles I have lol.

Go to amazon and get some Bitbelts for piece of mind. We found a MB that had fallen off someone's wrist during our last trip and by sheer fate, we ran into the family at a restaurant and overheard them talking about it while waiting for our table, so we told them where they could find it (we left it with a CM).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter