Does anyone eat 3 TS meals a day?

We do tend to eat 3 TS a day because it is easier for the 2 in our group with food allergies. We pay OOP but buy Disney gift cards months ahead of time with my Disney Visa so our money for food is paid for before the trip and I earn rewards points at the same time.

Its funny you ask this, because I could do 3 TS meals a day. I get hungry easily and wouldn't hesitate, but I wouldn't do buffets that day though. I'd just stick with a la carte menu ones. But anyway no I usually don't for two reasons. First of all what we like to do is just eat a small breakfast in our room, because we like to save out TS credits for lunch and dinner. Second of all most TS places take at least 90 min which can really interfere with your theme park time.

It seems a little much but only you know what you can handle. It's your vacay, which is a perfectly acceptable time to pig out! We usually do one TS a day, if that. I hate the idea of not finishing my $40 plate of food. So when we go out to eat, we are hungry!! Again, it's all preference.

Just a suggestion... If you want to do the DDP, book 1 TS credit meal daily for breakfast or early lunch. Then take advantage of a signature for dinner using 2 TS credits. That will use your 3 daily TS credits and keep you from eating too much food. For your snack credits, the amount seems excessive - 2 per day per person. But you can buy some things like rice krispy Mickey treats and take them home as souvenirs. So this to me seems like a decent use of snack credits that might otherwise go to waste? Just some observations based on what we are planning to do with DDP. Really, to each their own. My family will have a young toddler and 2 seniors. We need breaks. So the TS meals are a way for us to ensure we don't overdo the physical activity and we are foregoing the character meet and greet lines by scheduling our meals with most of the characters DD wants to see. The one exception may be Anna and Elsa. Otherwise we have the princesses and fab 5 covered with our meals so no extra waiting in line. It makes sense for us. But I can see how in the future as she gets older and we want to spend more time in the parks DDP won't be the right choice for us. Figure out what you want from your trip in advance and book the dining plan that works for you. Don't let anyone talk you out of something you want to do. Everyone's Disney experience is an individual thing and something that doesn't sound like fun to someone will be a dream vacation to someone else. My mom who is coming with us has never been on a vacation. Hard to believe but true. For her, dining in Cinderella's castle and at restaurants like Narcoosee's and California Grill will be memories of a lifetime. Riding Tower of Terror or Splash Mountain - not so much! (She'll be in an ECV so that's an understatement).

We do 3 TS meals a day and it works well for us. We do not take afternoon breaks, though so this is our way of relaxing. My kids really enjoy restaurants, so that could make a difference. We do an 7 or 8am breakfast, 12pm lunch, and 6pm dinner. I usually eat a protein and fruits/veggies (minimal carbs) for my meals, so that makes me hungrier faster. My kids are also pretty much hobbits, and have two filling breakfasts, a lunch, dinner, and many fruit/cracker types snacks during the day when we are at home. We just all have very high metabolisms, I guess, because despite all our eating we are still tiny. If my kids (and me) aren't eating pretty much constantly we get pretty cranky!

We also have a system that we usually know what we want to order food-wise when the server asks for our drink order, and then we ask for the check when we order desert, which saves time.

I eat 3 meals per day at home and I eat 3 meals per day at WDW. Just because you're dining at a buffet breakfast doesn't mean you need to stuff yourself to the gills. I might eat slightly more than I would eat at a plated breakfast, but I'm still going to get hungry for lunch 4-5 hours after breakfast. I probably wouldn't have an app, entree, AND dessert at lunch (maybe 2 out of three though), and I probably wouldn't finish everything. I would still want dinner at 7pm and would enjoy it thoroughly.

OP - I think your schedule is fine and especially considering the signatures have smaller portions per course.

We like the deluxe dining style of eating but have never tried if for 3 TS meals a day.

We usually do a TS breakfast and a signature dinner (on Epcot days, however, we usually do a TS lunch in World Showcase instead of a TS breakfast).

I personally can't imagine trying to do 3 TS in one day, especially if any of the meals were a buffet. Even with only two TS meals a day, I always worry that I won't be hungry enough to enjoy dinner when the other meal is lunch.

But 3 TS a day may be just fine for some people (I actually wish I had the appetite for it because it would be fun).

I eat 3 meals per day at home and I eat 3 meals per day at WDW. Just because you're dining at a buffet breakfast doesn't mean you need to stuff yourself to the gills. I might eat slightly more than I would eat at a plated breakfast, but I'm still going to get hungry for lunch 4-5 hours after breakfast. I probably wouldn't have an app, entree, AND dessert at lunch (maybe 2 out of three though), and I probably wouldn't finish everything. I would still want dinner at 7pm and would enjoy it thoroughly.

OP - I think your schedule is fine and especially considering the signatures have smaller portions per course.

I could have written this myself.

We usually do 3 TS a day. I have found the key to a virtually meltdown free WDW vacation with my son is to keep our eating and sleeping patterns as close to home as possible.

Almost always at least one of those meals a day is a buffet for characters. I don't stuff myself, I just eat a normal meals worth and enjoy the experience. I also don't feel the need to lick my plate clean, but still enjoy sampling and trying all the different great foods I order when on the DxDP.

So OP, I think you'll be fine. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter