Do you want Contemporary Resort to change into Art of Marvel?

Another no vote from me. CR is part of the original WDW landscape, it needs to remain as is.

Never! I am not a Marvel fan to start with so I wouldn't really want to see it at any of the resorts to be honest.

I feel the deluxe resorts should steer clear from any type of "character" overlay. I love Disney and most of their characters, but I feel it cheapens the hotel experience. Leave that for the value resorts or the interactive resorts like what the new Star Wars hotel will be, but leave the existing deluxe resorts alone.

I REALLY dislike the Contemporary, as much as I like the location and the dining choices, I could never stay there. If they made it into a superhero hotel, would that change my tune? ABSOLUTELY. But it won't happen. Universal owns the rights to a lot of the popular Marvel stuff on the East Coast.

Each Magic Kingdom Resort is an extension of the stories of the Magic Kingdom

Contemporary an extension of Tomorrowland

Grand Floridian, Main Street USA

Polynesian, Adventureland

Wilderness Lodge, Frontierland

So no, I wouldn’t want to see a rebranding of any of the resorts.

Each Magic Kingdom Resort is an extension of the stories of the Magic Kingdom

Contemporary an extension of Tomorrowland

Grand Floridian, Main Street USA

Polynesian, Adventureland

Wilderness Lodge, Frontierland

So no, I wouldn’t want to see a rebranding of any of the resorts.
never knew / realized that.. and that is cool.

Nope! I may be a stick in the mud, but I'd be fine with no more Marvel, Star Wars, or other properties for a while after what's already been announced happens.

No thank you, I admit its a tad cold on the design (according to my teen). I actually wanted to stay there on this next trip but sadly for me the girls saw a video on AKL and I had talked about how nice they treated me. Sigh and since they started charging for parking all my future trips will be Swan/Dolphin. Sigh

Double yuck!

I dislike the over the top theming of some resorts. I find rooms with too much in your face theme tacky (like the suites at AOA or LM rooms) - just not relaxing to me at the end of the day.

No way. That would be awful imo. The CR is a true Disney classic. However I could see them re-doing a Value like the All Stars into a Marvel theme. The ASR could definitely use a make over.

If Disney would do something like this (and I don't think they will), it would be a huge change in the way they theme their resorts. Historically, the in-your-face character/movie theming has only been done at the value resorts. The deluxes and moderates get more subtle theming. I cannot imagine a deluxe resort getting plastered with comic-book imagery. Not to mention, they do major convention business at the Contemporary, and I don't think superhero theming would go over well at a $300+/night resort that's hosting C-level executives.

That said, the Marvel and Star Wars properties are the hottest thing in the movie business right now, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a new or re-themed value or moderate with a Marvel or Star Wars theme. I know they're building the Star Wars resort, but that looks to be a high-end entertainment experience, not a traditional hotel, and I expect them to capitalize on the popularity of those properties any way they can. They'd be foolish not to.

The way they are de-theming as they refurbish other resorts to look like generic hotel rooms, I don't think you will have to worry about it. The new décor is basically white sheets on the bed and laminate floor to make it easier for the reduced housekeeping staff. I think they only resort left with any theme is Art of Animation. I read somewhere that Pop Century's outside is more themed than the rooms to the point that it looks sort of mismatched.

No.

Deluxe resorts are not supposed to be themed in such a way (though the Star Wars one may force me to eat those words). A Marvel resort would work perfect as a new one emulating AoA. Or maybe refurbishing ASMo as All-Star Marvel.

The thing about the monorail resorts is the way the Disney touch is handled. None of them have big in your face characters. They are based on a theme and then there are touches of Disney. There isn't a 20 foot Mary Poppins Statue inside GF, yet many people would say it reminds them of her. Meanwhile the 80's section of Pop Century doesn't feel like the 80's, it just has a bunch of 80's icons strewn about. Nothing wrong with that, some of it is very impressive and fun, it's just a difference that I feel differentiates Deluxe from Moderate/Value.

There isn't a 20 foot Mary Poppins Statue inside GF, yet many people would say it reminds them of her. Meanwhile the 80's section of Pop Century doesn't feel like the 80's, it just has a bunch of 80's icons strewn about.
Well, there was that nice topiary of Mary last time we were there. Not 20 feet tall at least. ;)

I'd rather have Marvel in a hotel I can actually afford to stay in. :teeth:

I am excited about the Art of Marvel at DLP and we'll probably stay there when we go back (2027?).

No thank you, I admit its a tad cold on the design (according to my teen). I actually wanted to stay there on this next trip but sadly for me the girls saw a video on AKL and I had talked about how nice they treated me. Sigh and since they started charging for parking all my future trips will be Swan/Dolphin. Sigh
So saving $1 on parking at the Swan & Dolphin is that important to you that you are willing to pay the $32 mandatory resort fee at the Swan & Dolphin or did I miss something in your post?

Parking at Disney Deluxe: $24 - Self parking / $34 Valet parking
Parking at Swan & Dolphin: $23 - Self parking / $33 Valet parking

Dave

No.

Deluxe resorts are not supposed to be themed in such a way (though the Star Wars one may force me to eat those words). A Marvel resort would work perfect as a new one emulating AoA. Or maybe refurbishing ASMo as All-Star Marvel.
The Star Wars hotel won't be a deluxe. It will be an entirely new category because it's an experience destination.

I can't imagine the CR as anything other than what it is today. To me it is iconic. And those rooms are amazing...don't be messing with the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter