Do you use the drawers at the resorts?

My DH and I usually just live out of our luggage when staying at our resort (usually POFQ). I was wondering if others actually put their clothing in the drawers and if not, why not. If using the drawers, do you clean them first? I am taking my three grandkids (15, 14 and 11) and it would probably be easier if we used the drawers. TIA.

Not only do I use the drawers in the resort rooms, but I actually touch the roller coaster safety bars with my bare hands, I drink water from public water fountains when I'm thirsty, and I sit on restaurant chairs without first placing paper doilies on them. I still haven't contracted any diseases.

Seriously, the resort experience is much more pleasant after we've completely unpacked, which takes only about 15 relaxing minutes for us to do. Everything is then easy to access throughout the trip, and we use our suitcases for dirty laundry. Putting clothes & other items where they belong in the room, then storing the suitcases in the closet, really makes our room feel like a home away from home during the trip.

I've stayed at Disney resorts about a dozen times and have never seen a dirty drawer, btw.

Last edited:
I never used to, then I realized that's what they were there for. Also dragging the suitcase out every day to look for clothes just seems like a hassle in a half.

We have never unpacked and always live out of our suitcases. For us, it’s the mental thing of being on holiday and not wanting to do jobs/chores. When we are at home, doing laundry and then folding clothes is my pet hate.

It had honestly never occurred to me that other travellers unpack until I read the Renovations at Pop Century thread, and saw how stressed people were about losing storage space- it opened my eyes to a whole new world! It just goes to show that we all have our own ways to make us feel comfortable.

My DH and I usually just live out of our luggage when staying at our resort (usually POFQ). I was wondering if others actually put their clothing in the drawers and if not, why not. If using the drawers, do you clean them first? I am taking my three grandkids (15, 14 and 11) and it would probably be easier if we used the drawers. TIA.
Never! I always worry about bed bugs!

We unpack and toss dirty clothes in to the suitcase. If we are staying in a one bedroom or larger, we throw a load of wash into the machine every other day. Prior to reading this thread, I had never thought about wiping drawers out or what might have once been in them. I'm still good with that !
:rotfl2:

We use the drawers for things like shorts and pants and underwear. We use the hangers for shirts and tops.

We use packing cubes, so all we do wipe the drawer with a clorox wipe, unzip and stick the packing cube in the drawer. We didn't used to clorox first, until I found 2 shirts, some type of medicated pad type thing (the packaging was in a different language) and a bra partially stuck behind a drawer at the YC. :crazy2: After that, we clorox EVERYTHING!

I have back issues, so packed a hanging organizer and used it for my clothes on my last trip. It really helped a lot. I have a new suitcase for my upcoming trip, so I'm not sure if I'll have room for it.

We unpack everything as well. Our stays are usually 9+ nights so it just makes everything tidier and more accessible. Part of the reason we will never do a split stay is because I want to be unpacked upon arrival and the idea of unpacking and re-packing and unpacking...... ugh.

I unpack. I line the drawers with some large plastic garbage bags & unpack. We use the drawers & I also hang stuff in the closet too. We put dirty clothes in a garbage bags & keep them in the closet. Our toiletries are packed in large zip lock bags to prevent leaking during travel. I unpack stuff like shampoo. Stuff like sunscreen, hair products I place the bags out but we put the item back in the bag after use. On check out day I just rezip the bags & put the dirty cloths bags back in the suitcase.

We unpack everything as well. Our stays are usually 9+ nights so it just makes everything tidier and more accessible. Part of the reason we will never do a split stay is because I want to be unpacked upon arrival and the idea of unpacking and re-packing and unpacking...... ugh.
I feel the same way. I just can't be bothered to pack up and move in the middle of my trip just to try more than one resort. Maybe that's because we hardly spend any time at the resort anyway though.

We always use the drawers and stash the luggage in the closet, it probably takes 5 minutes. We don't do anything to the drawers, if we found bed bugs in them we'd be changing rooms.

Yes. We use all the drawers for our clean clothing. We hang a big plastic bag for our dirty clothing.

There was a thread awhile back where some people admited that they use the drawers to store their dirty clothing. Gross! :crazy2:

We don't unpack our stuff. I hang some things up and leave most of the rest of our things in the suitcases.

After reading a thread on here about how people use them for their dirty clothes it reaffirmed my decision not to use them! :D

This is so disgusting. “Where should I place these sweaty, stinky clothes? Oh yes, in this clean, innocent drawer where the next guests will place their clean clothing. Because they’re normal. Perfect.” Yikes.

To answer the question I always use the drawers but I also wipe everything down with Clorox wipes.

We use packing cubes. I sometimes wipe the drawers out.

Unless I am somewhere for only one night, I unpack. Most of my clothes get hung (blouses and tee shirts, shorts go on clip hangers, dresses get hung). Resorts never have enough hangers, and they are often bulky, so I bring a bunch of thin metal dry cleaner ones and just leave them when I check out (they take no luggage space).

Packing cubes keep everything tidy. I use one for swimsuits, one for undies, one for nightgowns, etc...

If you've got all of your belongings in the room and are sleeping in the bed, any bedbugs are going to hitch a ride home whether you use the drawers or not.

There is some truth to that. However, there are things you can do to lower the risk of bedbugs. Avoiding the drawers is one. We keep the bags zipped and in the bathroom or tub when not immediately in use. They do not like tile floors as much. My wife loves that I do this by throwing her bag at me toward my head to help. Dirty clothes in a large ziplock type bags to throw in the dryer when we return home. Of course nothing is foolproof. My daughter's Shelly May bear looked rather suspicious to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter