Do you use the drawers at the resorts?

My DH uses them and he does not clean them first. DD and I live out of our suitcases, except for a few blouses/dresses that need to be hung up. I don't have a reason to not use them, I'm just terribly unorganized so I deal with the chaos of my messy suitcase (side note: my New Year's resolution is to be more organized :blush: so I may end up using them next trip haha)

Unless its just an overnight trip, I will take my packing cubes out of the suitcase and set them in the drawers. I don't unpack the cubes though.

In our over 40 trips to WDW, we've always unpacked and used the drawers without cleaning them out. Nothing happened. We do laundry whenever we are in a one or two bedroom villa, too, so we keep putting clean clothes back into the drawers. It's fine.

I never used drawers until I started traveling with hard sided suitcases. They don't lend themselves to living out of them because they are 50/50 rather than just flip open the top. Once I started using drawers? It's kind of life changing LOL. So much easier! Of course, that did cause an issue one time when I left my purse in a drawer after checkout and didn't realize for about 10 hours. Yikes. They did find it though.

One of the reasons we dislike split stays is that we sort of have to live out of a suitcase then. We go for 9 - 10 days and we consider ourselves residents of WDW, I take the 'Welcome Home!' greeting we get at Board Walk seriously.

Bill From PA

I don't use the drawers, because I'm there to vacation, not to do chores. I will happily live out of a suitcase to avoid spending precious vacation time unpacking. I'm a first flight down in the morning and hit the ground running as soon as I get there type of vacationer. I do sort of organize my suitcase when packing to allow for minimum hassle when getting ready in the morning.

When I travel with a dress that wrinkles (rarely) I will hang it up the first time I need to open my suitcase.

We do, but we do wipe the drawers down before using them. We do not like having all our suitcases (4 or 5) out, this way it allows us to put the suitcases inside each other and then usually put it between the wall and the headboard and use it as a little table.

After often seeing what looks like tiny bugs in the corners of drawers, I don't use them much anymore.

No never. We do hang up dresses or shirts that can wrinkle. I have thing about the drawers. Mainly, I will just neatly line up the shoes in the closet. We take out what we need for the day and then close the suitcase. I have done this on many trips so have it down to a science. I also put dirty clothes in plastic bags to keep it separate. It helps at WDW that we use DVC so we get more space. I don't think there anything wrong with the drawers, just not for me.

We examine the drawers, wipe them out and line them with paper towel. Then our clothes go in.

I don’t like tripping over the suitcases and stuff gets disorganized and hard to find. We are always in a DVC villa so we do laundry every day and it’s easier to keep things organized in drawers.

DH does, I don't usually. I will hag a few things up, and on longer trips put my dirty clothes in a drawer, but I mostly live out of a suitcase.

Often I will use the drawers.
Its much easier than putting my suitcase on the bed each day to get things.
No I don't wipe down the drawers but if they look less than clean I often put down a towel in the bottom.

I unpack and put things in the drawers, hang things in the closet and put my hanging toiletry bag on the hook in the bathroom. I put my suitcase out of the way and use it for dirty clothes. My son never unpacks, his dirty clothes go in a corner and he lives out of the suitcase. I don't clean out the drawers either, I like to live on the edge.

Last time I was in the living room of a 1 bed unit, so I didn't have drawers, just a closet in the hall. Even for 8 nights, I didn't properly unpack and lived out of the suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter