Do you really want to go back to WDW so soon?

We all have to make our own decisions on how we live. You can choose to not go and be more cautious, or choose to go and wait for a bit once returning before visiting family. There are many ways to address an issue and what works for some won't for others. Same with a high risk person, it comes down to their choice if they want to go out or not or who to see or not. Not every high risk person is going to choose to stay inside.Bottom line is life isn't fair or equal and never will be.
That is fine and you can choose how you want to live. I'm just saying that I will not be venturing out until there is a vaccine. Most of the people my age ( mid-fifties) and older will not be. We are the people with the disposable income to go to sporting games, Disney, theater, etc. I think there will be enough of us like that that despite the government opening it up like you wish, there will not be enough demand to get the economy back to normal until there is a vaccine, it dies out or some other way other than go out and take your chances. But we will see. No way to know until it happens.

My answer to the OP's question: Yes, if the park offerings are not scaled back much. I am well read on health and risk pertaining to this disease and others.

It is the modern mega city way we live that also contributes to the spread. Huge population centers are at a disadvantage, given the continuous close contact. Not much you can do, except take the best precautions you can, follow instructions of health professionals and hope for the best.

Nothing besides respirators protects. Surgical and cloth (with filter) masks DO block your secretions from being expelled outward. So, through very difficult deduction, if everyone is wearing a mask, transmission plummets because the virus cannot escape the masks of those who are unknowingly (or knowlingly) ill. Masks for the public are recommended for a different rationale than those used by medical personnel. But if you were well-read and not just reactionary, you would know that.
I am very well read, unfortunately not you. Go put on a cloth mask and blow out a candle. It was very easy wasn't it. Have a nice day.

I am very well read, unfortunately not you. Go put on a cloth mask and blow out a candle. It was very easy wasn't it. Have a nice day.
I love how you can't prove anything that I said incorrect.. you are verbally stomping your feet. Go read one article that is from a reputable source... How about by the surgeon general, which is where my information comes from?

We are fighting it right now but slowing its spread. By May 1st the Covid deaths per day in NY will equal HBP and Sepsis deaths per day again. It will be very ugly for the next two weeks. But there is another side.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/new-york
That health data is a bunch of crap as we have been discussing on another board. Look at Louisiana and they had it peaking on April 1st and they have well passed the number of beds and ICU that they predicted. The mathematicians on the thread have been explaining how it is mathematically impossible to make accurate predictions right now. The original numbers were drawn from China... You need to look at the amount of testing, the type of measures being taken, health of population, etc. What it looks like in Dallas may not be what it looks like in New Hope. They compared it to the hurricane models. These things are acting like the hurricane will hit here and cause this damage rather than this is the cone where it could strike and these are the possible outcomes.

As posted above and as I posted on another thread, I don't intend to return until the virus dies out on its own (unlikely) or there is a vaccine (1year+). Approaching 70, I would rather lose points, of which I have a lot, then risk death.

The problem is my choices may kill the ones I love. How do I live my life so I do not infect my mom or my mother-in-law? So I get to go out and "live" and go to Disney . But that means I cannot interact with them. It means they stay trapped in their houses while I am free. Somehow that feels unfair or penalizing them. Does that make sense?
Are the people in your life that begrudging and controlling that they wouldn’t want you to have fun while they take extra precautions? That’s an entirely other issue. But that is part of what’s going on in our country right now. Certain groups are trying to stop other groups from living because they feel like they cannot live right now.

That health data is a bunch of crap as we have been discussing on another board. Look at Louisiana and they had it peaking on April 1st and they have well passed the number of beds and ICU that they predicted. The mathematicians on the thread have been explaining how it is mathematically impossible to make accurate predictions right now. The original numbers were drawn from China... You need to look at the amount of testing, the type of measures being taken, health of population, etc. What it looks like in Dallas may not be what it looks like in New Hope. They compared it to the hurricane models. These things are acting like the hurricane will hit here and cause this damage rather than this is the cone where it could strike and these are the possible outcomes.
It doesn’t matter. The issue is the death rate. And the death rate is LOW, far lower than the flu, far lower than heat waves. A very small number of people have died from the virus in the US. Most hospitals in the us are completely empty right now.

It doesn’t matter. The issue is the death rate. And the death rate is LOW, far lower than the flu, far lower than heat waves. A very small number of people have died from the virus in the US. Most hospitals in the us are completely empty right now.
Did you look at the chart I posted from New York. It is MUCH larger than regular causes of death. As it will be when it gets to the other areas of the US.

Did you look at the chart I posted from New York. It is MUCH larger than regular causes of death. As it will be when it gets to the other areas of the US.

Those numbers do not include all of the millions of people who have had it and not been tested. Nor do they include all the millions of people who have had it and not had any symptoms and also not been tested. Not everyone who goes to the ER with symptoms is even being tested. There are researchers who have done analysis on this but those researchers are ignored by the media who present only apocalyptic realities concerning corona. Two researchers from Stanford University who looked at this said the death rate is probably somewhere around .01%.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464

That wasn't the point of the chart. The chart showed how many died per day from heart attacks and other causes of dearth. It showed how Covid has totally outpaced the normal causes? Pretty scary animation. It is only looking at deaths. The New York one I posted not lousiai

That wasn't the point of the chart. The chart showed how many died per day from heart attacks and other causes of dearth. It showed how Covid has totally outpaced the normal causes? Pretty scary animation. It is only looking at deaths. The New York one I posted not lousiai
That is not a scientific way to look at it. How many of those people who died “from” corona would have died from, say, a heart attack anyway? There is no way to know this.

It all comes down to each individual making the decision based on all the variables at play, including where they live, who they live with, who is in their life, what the current information is from local and national health experts, and what mitigation factors will be in play once WDW does decide to open.

There is no right or wrong answer because only one can evaluate all the information for one self and those around them.

So, when they open, if they tell me I have to wear a mask, have my temp taken, use a virtual boarding que for rides, be restricted to what I may have access to, etc., then I can decide if it is worth going.

My advice to you would be stay away from large crowds until you are comfortable to do otherwise but don't expect 90% of Americans to follow suit. My older family members would rather me enjoy things like Disney and then not see them for a few weeks rather than guilt me into not enjoying the things I love but they are not selfish people.

This is what I posted on the Canadian Travel Forum in response to a post about returning to Disney.
---------------------
I'm not a doctor (nor do I play one on television), but everything that I have been reading suggests that it will be 12-18 months before a safe and effective vaccine can realistically be expected (and then you have to factor in production time for seven billion doses).

Quite frankly, looking at the short (instead of the long) term future, I would think that it is unlikely that life will start returning to some semblance of normalcy until one of two things happens - either an effective treatment is developed or the experts can agree on whether or not it is possible to re-catch Covid (the latest that I have heard from Dr. Fauci was that it was unlikely but not a certainty) and a reliable test is developed to determine whether or not an individual has had prior exposure and can therefore end social distancing and self-isolation.

I have a DL vacation booked for the last week of August, so I would love for a miracle cure to be in place by then, but I'm assuming that the odds of that are slim (trending towards none). I can tell you that all of the college classes I am scheduled to teach for the spring/summer session are online and, from what I have seen, it seems more likely than not that in-person classes will not be resuming in September (for either my students or my daughter in High School).

Even if things have started to somewhat improve by late summer or fall, I would still have to think long and hard about traveling outside of Canada for some time to come.

As a pragmatist (trending towards a pessimist), I'm working on the assumption that travel medical insurance is going to be hard to come by (and likely extremely expensive) for the foreseeable future and, even if cross-border travel were permitted if someone in your party had not yet been exposed to Covid (guessing it's a long, long, long time before that happens), would you really want to be outside of Canada without medical insurance??? As much as my family and I are obsessed with Disney, nobody's health (and our financial future) is worth the risk of premature travel into the US. As much as I'm saddened that we have not yet seen Galaxy's Edge, it will still be there in a year (or two or three years)...

Of course, all future travel is predicated on my wife and I still having jobs once all is said and done.

Just an fyi - everything I have said above is strictly my opinion and I do not claim to know any more than anyone else in this forum.

My advice to you would be stay away from large crowds until you are comfortable to do otherwise but don't expect 90% of Americans to follow suit. My older family members would rather me enjoy things like Disney and then not see them for a few weeks rather than guilt me into not enjoying the things I love but they are not selfish people.
So they are selfish for depriving you of Disney and you are not for possibly causing their death? No, they wouldn't stop me. But I would so much rather enjoy their company than a silly trip to Disney I could easily do without. But make your own choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter